The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Nah...not interesting enough. I need to see a fighter who I was very much looking forward to seeing LIVE (like Zabit).
Pfff Yair > Zabit

Can't remember if Stephens has been left stiffen up, but got a feeling Yair will do it. Either a head kick or some spinning shit.

You gonna miss it :p

RedFish

It’s pure and simple a vanity match for DC for his loyalty to the UFC and being on good terms with Dana. Similar scenario to when Bisping was farcically allowed to defend his title against a 44 year old Dan Henderson while the proper contenders in the division had to wait. Dana’s pals get coddled.

Henderson basically said, ''you should see the other guy'' after he lost. Scoring system favoured Bisping. Henderson did way more damage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pfff Yair > Zabit

Can't remember if Stephens has been left stiffen up, but got a feeling Yair will do it. Either a head kick or some spinning shit.

You gonna miss it :p
There are just fighters that I find interesting - Stephens certainly isn't one of them. He's as generic as they come.

George Owen

There are just fighters that I find interesting - Stephens certainly isn't one of them. He's as generic as they come.
Kattar vs Zabit was definitely a more competitive and interesting fight. Still some good fights in the card, and some names that will be big in the future.

If anything, maybe Jhenny Andrade will be there to make you happy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Kattar vs Zabit was definitely a more competitive and interesting fight. Still some good fights in the card, and some names that will be big in the future.

If anything, maybe Jhenny Andrade will be there to make you happy.
Doubtful given she's pregnant. :wenger:

George Owen

Haven't seen much of him, but I've seen a fair bit of Cannonier and he ain't someone to feck with!
Cannonier used to be a 300pound dude. He fought at HW, LHW and now he is at Middleweight, in the best shape of his life.

I saw him getting KO'd live in Chile, but now at MW it seems he found his division. We'll see...

Hermansson is a bad mofo. His submission and top game is top notch.

predator

Youth NITK
Anyone watching Bellator Dublin?
This is probably the first Bellator event I've watched live.

However I'm currently the prelims I think and there is a message on the screen saying 'previously recorded'. I'm confused.

Does the main event start at 10 UK time?

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Anyone watching Bellator Dublin?
This is probably the first Bellator event I've watched live.

However I'm currently the prelims I think and there is a message on the screen saying 'previously recorded'. I'm confused.

Does the main event start at 10 UK time?

Pretty sure it is live.

Conor in the crowd.

predator

Youth NITK
Pretty sure it is live.

Conor in the crowd.
It's on channel 5 after all. I was frantically searching for rivers for ages haha.

Is it me or is the standard of Bellator so noticeably inferior to UFC?

It's still worth watching without a doubt, shame that the promotion of it is almost non existent, it deserves more viewership.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
It's on channel 5 after all. I was frantically searching for rivers for ages haha.

Is it me or is the standard of Bellator so noticeably inferior to UFC?

It's still worth watching without a doubt, shame that the promotion of it is almost non existent, it deserves more viewership.

Not a huge watcher of it nowadays and there will be loads more knowledgeable people here on the quality of UFC and Bellator than myself but I would say the UFC is way ahead of Bellator in quality of fighters.

predator

Youth NITK
Not a huge watcher of it nowadays and there will be loads more knowledgeable people here on the quality of UFC and Bellator than myself but I would say the UFC is way ahead of Bellator in quality of fighters.
It's piss poor from what I've seen. I'd actually pay to see MVP get walloped by someone like Usman, Colby or masvidal.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Way way way way ahead near enough everywhere

TheReligion

Abusive
Very sloppy from Hermannson. If you keep telegraphing weak double attempts you're getting caught with a knee or in this case an uppercut.