The MMA thread

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Antonio McKee (49years old) about to fight. he is the father and coach of AJ McKee (14-0), who will also gonna be fighting tonight. Crazy.

Edit:

Last edited:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I like Adesanya but I hope he gets destroyed by Whittaker as he's being way too cocky and arrogant.

Whittaker by KO second round.

Last edited:

Luke1995

If it goes to decision I think Whittaker wins. Israel has to finish him to leave with belt.

Oggmonster

Think it'll be a good fight, interesting style match up and both tend to bring it all in their fights (except Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva which is one of the most ridiculously dull fights ever)

I think Whittaker will edge it personally.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
He's extremely confident not arrogant.
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know. He's now my favourite fighter.
Come on Bobby Knuckles! Hard not to love that guy.
Agreed. I love the down to earth personality way more than the "extremely confident" one.
Yes he is, but he's about to be dethroned.
Probably right, but your boy will get a serious reality check once he inevitably fights Jon Jones.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Who's the favourite here? I honestly think Bobby gonna send Israel crashing back down to earth. He might be a super chilled dude but he's a killer in that cage. Look how he dealt with Romero with a fecked up hand!

George Owen

Who's the favourite here? I honestly think Bobby gonna send Israel crashing back down to earth. He might be a super chilled dude but he's a killer in that cage. Look how he dealt with Romero with a fecked up hand!
I hate this fight. Big fan of both guys. It's a shame one of them has to lose.

I would have preferred a longer road to the title for Adesanya (didn't fought any MW killer yet). Won the shot after beating a welterweight, and couldn't finish him (even Weidman finished Kelvin).

Anyway, for me the favourite has to be Bobby Knuckles.

Anyone remember the coaches challenge at TUF? Whittaker humiliated Gastelum.

Whittaker is 10 times the better athlete than KG, stronger and just as good skill wise.

So... doing a little MMA math (:nervous:), Adesanya gonna have his hands full with the Reaper.

The first round gonna be key. It's gonna be Israel's chance to hurt Robert.

Last edited:

Luke1995

Thoughts on the UFC commentary team ? Since Joe Rogan started doing just PPV'S, guys like Bisping, Dan Hardy, Cormier, Dominick Cruz and Paul Felder have been given the opportunity to step into the role. Brian Stann also did it and generally received plenty of praise, but he chose to stop.

What are your thoughts on the quality of Rogan's commentary these days and if he were to walk away, who should be the main PPV commentattor ?

TheReligion

Abusive
Thoughts on the UFC commentary team ? Since Joe Rogan started doing just PPV'S, guys like Bisping, Dan Hardy, Cormier, Dominick Cruz and Paul Felder have been given the opportunity to step into the role. Brian Stann also did it and generally received plenty of praise, but he chose to stop.

What are your thoughts on the quality of Rogan's commentary these days and if he were to walk away, who should be the main PPV commentattor ?
I often feel Rogan is too sensationalist and off his head on cannabis these days.

Cruz is great and I like Cormier and Bisping.

George Owen

Bisping + Anik + one of Hardy/Cruz/Felder/DC. Jimmy Smith was great.

I like Rogan, until the fights starts. Find his exaggerated screaming is distracting and confusing as of late.

Vato

Supports
Real Madrid
Rogan still the best at it imo. I really like Anik and Cormier too though.

Cruz and Felder not so much, no idea why. They're just not entertaining enough or something. Crack a joke once in a while, not everything has to be so technical and serious all the time.

Oggmonster

Rogan is dreadful now, he's got clear favourites in every fight and uses his voice to set a narrative that he wants for a fight. His constant "HE HURT HIM" stuff is painful to...the biggest example being Johnson Vs Khabib or Iaquinta Vs Khabib, if you watch them with no commentary they're different fights. I hope they ease him out think they've got plenty of good understudies and with a lot of fighters coming through doing it you don't really need him anymore. A 2 man booth with Anik and a fighter (DC, Bisping, Felder) is fine for me

Luke1995

Bisping + Anik + one of Hardy/Cruz/Felder/DC. Jimmy Smith was great.

I like Rogan, until the fights starts. Find his exaggerated screaming is distracting and confusing as of late.
It would be nice to have a woman doing it sometimes

kidbob

Can't wait for tonight. Want Rob to punch a hole in that cringy fecker but have a feeling that Izzy takes it unless Rob can secure some takedowns. Thompson took Rob apart a couple of years ago and while Izzy isn't as good a striker as Thompson the blueprint is set. Hope I'm wrong though and Rob's progression has put him well beyond the level he was a couple of years ago. Should be a great fight either way. Al vs Hooker should be a banger too.