The MMA thread

cyberman

Romero pretending he wants a dust up when the fight is over for feck sake.
Joel should never receive another title shot regardless of how scary Joe thinks he is.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Romero must be impossible to work with, or just have awful coaches and corner advice. He loses big matches by messing around. He did it against Costa and has done it again tonight. Recent events have clearly shown that you need to be seen to beat the champ.

Adesanya was scared after he felt that overhand left and he has hardly put any pressure on. This is the last big opportunity of his career and he has wasted all 25 minutes of it on a coin toss decision against a champion.

Adesanya has to take a hit too for being too scared to engage. No styles were bent tonight. Terrible main event. Dana will rage.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So disappointing but what fight from the girls. Just wow!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The cockiness doesn’t work when you serve that up either. It’s just annoying

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Romero you're a clown. You're talking about giving a show and you proposed nothing? And the crowd cheers hehe. Good night, i just lost 30 mins of sleep

Izzy is right, he just did what he had to do

justboy68

Romero's interview :lol:

From one of the best title fights in recent memory to one of the worst.

We expect Yoel to fight like that, but Israel is the big loser after this. Terrible showing from him considering his lofty talk of building a legacy and becoming a superstar. He really wasn't any better, only slightly more volume without having the same kind of explosive threat that Yoel offers. Pretty sure he lost some spark tonight. I imagine most will be rooting for Costa when they meet.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I actually had it 2-2 going into the fifth and thought Romero took that one.

Disappointed in Adesanya. A champion has to do more than that, he says he wants to be the greatest but you don't become the greatest by winning like this. Great fights make great champions. He had the right approach by being cautious but he still had to do a lot more work than what he did.

RedFish

I actually had it 2-2 going into the fifth and thought Romero took that one.

Disappointed in Adesanya. A champion has to do more than that, he says he wants to be the greatest but you don't become the greatest by winning like this. Great fights make great champions. He had the right approach by being cautious but he still had to do a lot more work than what he did.
He's fighting a monster, and he took little damage. I'd say that was a job well done. Not pretty for the fans obviously.

mu4c_20le

Weird fight, but the right guy won imo. Yoel getting mad at the end was funny though, as the challenger he shouldn't be the passive one (even though tactically it did make sense).

cyberman

Someone should remind the commentary team that the ref does give out warnings for inactivity. Hes not coaching the fecking fighters.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bizarre rant from Yoel at the end, especially given that he was more inactive throughout the fight.

justboy68

Someone should remind the commentary team that the ref does give out warnings for inactivity. Hes not coaching the fecking fighters.
They were really doing my head in trying to pass that off as an acceptable fight, and mocking the crowd. They were also massively biased in favour of Adesanya.

Gordon S

Speechless after that fight from the ladies! Non stop action for 5 rounds!!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Huge credit to Joanna. Didn't expect her chin to hold up. Ended up looking like a Klingon in there, but that was a great fight.

Not even sure who won the fight as it was so hard to score.

No surprise at all about the main event, which is why I didn't say anything before the bout.

Oggmonster

Women's fight made up for probably the worst title fight ever. Glad Yoel lost after acting the cnut and hopefully he's nowhere near title shot in future

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Women's fight made up for probably the worst title fight ever. Glad Yoel lost after acting the cnut and hopefully he's nowhere near title shot in future
Women’s fight genuinely one of the best fights I’ve ever seen.

Horrific main event but Yoel is a cnut. The guy was too focused on not gassing and ended up doing nothing.

Izzy was nothing special on the night but did good work with the leg kicks and frankly why should he open up as the champion if the challenger is doing nothing?

Oggmonster

Horrific main event but Yoel is a cnut. The guy was too focused on not gassing and ended up doing nothing.

Izzy was nothing special on the night but did good work with the leg kicks and frankly why should he open up as the champion if the challenger is doing nothing?
Yeah he is. He has a history of being a dick but people turn a blind eye. Glad he won't be getting another title shot...well he shouldn't anyway, but he shouldn't if had this one either

justboy68

Not disagreeing about Yoel, but on Adesanya's part , maybe he should have opened up more seeing as he was the one who asked for the fight in order to 'build his legacy' and called him a 'fake boogeyman' before proceeding to shy away from any real engagements as much as possible :lol:. Make no mistake this was a disastrous showing for Adesanya's 'rising star' status they were trying to push.

Oggmonster

Not disagreeing about Yoel, but on Adesanya's part , maybe he should have opened up more seeing as he was the one who asked for the fight in order to 'build his legacy' and called him a 'fake boogeyman' before proceeding to shy away from any real engagements as much as possible :lol:. Make no mistake this was a disastrous showing for Adesanya's 'rising star' status they were trying to push.
Both bad but Yoel is probably done with title shots now so it's ridiculous he went out and did what he did. Dana won't be happy with him either. Adesanya has the title and is younger so he will get the benefit of the doubt from UFC. It was a bad loom for both of them though

justboy68

Both bad but Yoel is probably done with title shots now so it's ridiculous he went out and did what he did. Dana won't be happy with him either. Adesanya has the title and is younger so he will get the benefit of the doubt from UFC. It was a bad loom for both of them though
Yeah Anderson had some real stinkers too after all, so he will have chances to turn it around. Yoel is done full stop in my opinion, I know they keep trying to say he is immune to aging but I'm not convinced. Those bursts of explosiveness seem less and less frequent.

kidbob

Just watched the women's fight and mother of god was that incredible. They're just so evenly matched it's insane. I actually have no idea who won the fight. It's a draw in my mind. Every round was impossible to score.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Just watched the women's fight and mother of god was that incredible. They're just so evenly matched it's insane. I actually have no idea who won the fight. It's a draw in my mind. Every round was impossible to score.
Brutal head strikes means Zhang was narrowly the winner IMO

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Said a while back in here what I think of Adesanya and all this talk of him being this and that until he proves it being nonsensical. Every big fight/name, he fights scared after all the talk and looks only for clean openings instead of creating them. He also gets hit far, far too much to merit the status some have graced him with.

Some compare him to Silva, for example, a guy who eventually got consumed by his own hubris, but prior to that was every bit the great he was acknowledged as, not only for his striking, but his reflexive actions and counters. At his best it was never 'just a matter of time' until someone clobbered him, but the rate Adesanya takes clean hits, his clock is going to get cleaned soon enough.

He's being mocking Costa all this time, but it is a high probability fire fight where he's going to get hit a fair amount of times to land. I thought that fight might be a fairly easy one for him prior, but I don't think that anymore.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I'm sorry but some of these memes are hilarious. Joanna's a warrior though. Mad props to her for that.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It puts pressure on Izzy, for sure

But sometimes you just have to get the job done

He has enough credit in the bank that this can be chalked down as an off night

Santos J

Every big fight/name, he fights scared after all the talk and looks only for clean openings instead of creating them.
What :lol: He was hardly fighting scared when he went to war to win vs Gastelum and then just bullied Whittaker.

He's one of the best strikers in MMA for a reason so criticising the way he uses that to win is just weird.