The MMA thread

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I haven't paid attention to MMA lately, just thought all sports would be on break for a while longer...

Genuinely haven't seen the card before just now. Sick card, and Cowboy-Pettis in prelims is crazy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm really nervous the event will be cancelled. There are apparently videos of Jacare not social distancing in the arena, talking to other fighters and coaches. This can become a disaster. I also read that Jacare told the UFC someone in his family tested positive... yet they still flew him to the event. Surely they should have just tested him at home?

Oggmonster

I'm really nervous the event will be cancelled. There are apparently videos of Jacare not social distancing in the arena, talking to other fighters and coaches. This can become a disaster. I also read that Jacare told the UFC someone in his family tested positive... yet they still flew him to the event. Surely they should have just tested him at home?
I don't think it'll he cancelled. Dana stubbornness will keep it on and I imagine the fighters do want to fight. It's a ridiculous thing to have happened and it should of never gone ahead but here we are

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Two of his team have tested positive. Think this could get cancelled. Hopefully not though. I'm planning on making a drunken cock out of myself in this thread tonight. :drool:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Two of his team have tested positive. Think this could get cancelled. Hopefully not though. I'm planning on making a drunken cock out of myself in this thread tonight. :drool:
Will we notice a difference?

cyberman

How do tests work? Would they even test positive if they caught it less than 24 hrs later?

Luke1995

Would Disney or ESPN even be able to cancel it at the very day of the event ?

Luke1995

It feels wrong to get excited for a fight in times like this, but if the card does go ahead, how can you not feel happy we're getting freaking Tony Ferguson against insane highlight heel Gaethje ?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Is there gonna be a crowd at this?

Luke1995

Cannot fecking wait mate. 7 hours and counting....
I'm thinking about drinking water before the main event begins because if i'm drinking in the middle of it I might spit everything out due to pure excitement

RedFish

Need Dom to smack Cejudo's bottom big time.

Of course it's just his schtick but fecking hell, it grates. Plus I don't want him to have MM, Dillashaw, Moraes AND Cruz on his record. That would be too much.

Dan_F

Tonight will go ahead, but I can’t see the other events surviving. It’s a bit of shambles that it’s been allowed anyway.

Dan_F

BT. I can only imagine the uproar if their only live sport was put on ppv
Yeah true, didn’t think of it like that.

You would think they could repeat it tomorrow at some point. I’m assuming there’s no way of watching replays on the app without seeing the results first?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah true, didn’t think of it like that.

You would think they could repeat it tomorrow at some point. I’m assuming there’s no way of watching replays on the app without seeing the results first?
They won't bother repeating it because it'll be on the catch up service thingy that everyone (who has BT Sport) has.

Dan_F

They won't bother repeating it because it'll be on the catch up service thingy that everyone (who has BT Sport) has.
Yeah but do you see the results as soon as you load the app? Assuming that you’re talking about the app and not a service that you get through the tv).

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan