The MMA thread

Luke1995

IMO Sterling X Sandhagen should be for the belt... winner is uncrowned champion.

Can Yan really be the champ by beating Faber and Aldo ? Well, he can, but maybe not in the fans's eyes...

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Anderson Silva writing on his IG account that he wishes to fight McGregor... what would you make of that bout? Not sure myself about it

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Anderson Silva writing on his IG account that he wishes to fight McGregor... what would you make of that bout? Not sure myself about it
Another gimme fight for McGregor who'll win and say "I'm the P4P GOAT" blah blah blah. I can already see this happening.

cyberman

Hes far too big. Where has the shame gone of calling out smaller fighters?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hes far too big. Where has the shame gone of calling out smaller fighters?
I'm surprised he's not had some LHW's doing the same... he breaks a lot of the fighter's code with his antics, and if he's not making you money, but mentioning you in a critical fashion, I'm pretty sure a fair few would just like to give him a hiding in the octagon, or not.

Luke1995

It's prizefighting after all. I'm all in for Anderson X Conor just because it would be something crazy and I want to see what happens.

Conor has no bussiness being in the lightweight or welterweight title pictures anyway

RedFish

It's prizefighting after all. I'm all in for Anderson X Conor just because it would be something crazy and I want to see what happens.

Conor has no bussiness being in the lightweight or welterweight title pictures anyway
I see what you mean, but I don't get any pleasure seeing AS fight any more. He should stay away now.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
It seems to me that AS wants to keep fighting to pull a BJ penn and tarnish his legacy. Not the same fighter sadly for a long long time

Oggmonster

It seems to me that AS wants to keep fighting to pull a BJ penn and tarnish his legacy. Not the same fighter sadly for a long long time
I don't think he is.

Take his recent losses really. The Weidman ones were the end of his dominance really and that was eventually going to happen if he kept fighting. Bisping was a close fight, DC he was a VERY late replacement and didn't really take any damage, he beat Brunson (although in fairness probably should of been given to Brunson!), Adesanya was possibly one of the most dull fights ever that for some reason people make out was some classic so that didn't damage him and he got injured inside a round Vs Cannonier.

He's no where near what he was of course but he's definitely not near Penn's level. I think he wants fun payday fights and McGregor is one for him at least. It doesn't really bother me at the moment but you just know if Conor wins the UFC would have him as a number 1 contender for something

Himannv

I think AS vs McGregor is a fight both parties will like.

McGregor will have a chance since this is not peak Anderson Silva and it will more likely be a striking contest. If he wins, it gives him good bragging rights and increases his value as a top fighter. A loss will not hurt as badly because he's up against a GOAT in a higher weight class to what is natural for him IMO. Also a loss to someone like Usman is a lot more damaging as it will highlight his weaknesses more than a fight with AS will.

I think AS will also enjoy the fight a bit more and it's also a good payday for him. At this stage of his career, these are the kind of fights that will probably suit him more as he's not really bothered about reputation anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Conor v Anderson would be a joke, just as DC v Anderson was a joke.

Dana needs to pull his head out of his arse and get back to making proper fights among contenders in divisions who have actually worked their way up the rankings.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Prelims (6 p.m.) on ESPN+

Chris Gutierrez (14-3-1) vs. Vince Morales (9-4)
Louis Smolka (16-6) vs. Casey Kenney (13-2-1)
Tim Elliott (15-10-1) vs. Bradon Royval (10-4)
Jamahal Hill (7-0) vs. Klidson Abreu (15-4)
Daniel Rodriguez (11-1) vs. Gabe Green (9-2)
Katlyn Chookagian (13-3) vs. Antonina Shevchenko (8-1)

Main card (9 p.m. ET) on ESPN+

Mackenzie Dern (7-1) vs. Hannah Cifers (10-4)
Roosevelt Roberts (9-1) vs. Brok Weaver (15-4)
Billy Quarantillo (13-2) vs. Spike Carlyle (9-1)
Blagoy Ivanov (18-3) vs. Augusto Sakai (14-1-1)
Tyron Woodley (19-4-1) vs. Gilbert Burns (18-3)

Prelims starting in 45 minutes!

redom

Morales legs in absolute bits after that, just got tenderised for nearly 2 rounds.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Conor v Anderson would be a joke, just as DC v Anderson was a joke.

Dana needs to pull his head out of his arse and get back to making proper fights among contenders in divisions who have actually worked their way up the rankings.
Wasn’t Anderson vs DC a last minute fight after the Jon Jones fiasco?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wasn’t Anderson vs DC a last minute fight after the Jon Jones fiasco?
Yes. Anderson just happened to be in town and Dana called him to fill in. Still, it was a bit of a farcical fight since DC was clearly heavier, better prepared and conditioned. Anderson was literally there on holiday.