g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Still main event to go! What a card tonight!

Paxi

Someone stuck a million dollars on Nunes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Was a fairly boring fight imo. The only rational fight for Nunes would be against Shevchenko at 135, which would be complete coin toss.

Oggmonster

Was a fairly boring fight imo. The only rational fight for Nunes would be against Shevchenko at 135, which would be complete coin toss.
Its boring watching people dominate especially when its on points. I don't think there's any fight really out there that is interesting for her.

Good card other than main event though

Oggmonster

How many times has he retired now?
It gets him attention but I think people see through it now, it's only idiots that don't. Its like Mayweather when he did it after every fight eventually no one believes it.

He's in a weird spot though cos I don't think the top contenders are that bothered about fighting him. I'm also not sure if he wants that, I think he'll take a title fight or keep fighting the Cerrones of the world, I doubt he fights a top contender in an eliminator fight

Zen

Mayweather didn't do it to this level .... retired after Hatton, which everyone knew was just a hiatus, then after Berto only to "come out" for the Conor exhibition... which is all he'll come back for now.

Sugar Ray probably the worst for it.

justboy68

The bantamweight division is in a golden age right now. It's crazily stacked. It's practically on par with Lightweight, which I would never have expected to happen. Even with Cejudo vacating the belt there is a good 5 guys who could be worthy champions and another bunch of very skilled contenders too. O Malley's and Garbrandt KO's were both wild and then you have Sterling just cutting through Sandhagen like butter.

The main event I just skipped through, there was almost no point to it. At this point they should just have Nunes and Valentina fight each other twice a year, while the rest of the women do their own thing. There is no one else for either of them in those divisions. Great card overall.

Oggmonster

Didn't Cody's while beef with TJ revolve around TJ switching camps? A bit hypocritical if true.
He's not left them he is mixing up camps. The TJ stuff was all a bit weird but they never had a problem with Joe B when he left them, I think its the way TJ did it that pissed them off more than the actual leaving.

The bantamweight division is in a golden age right now. It's crazily stacked. It's practically on par with Lightweight, which I would never have expected to happen. Even with Cejudo vacating the belt there is a good 5 guys who could be worthy champions and another bunch of very skilled contenders too. O Malley's and Garbrandt KO's were both wild and then you have Sterling just cutting through Sandhagen like butter.

The main event I just skipped through, there was almost no point to it. At this point they should just have Nunes and Valentina fight each other twice a year, while the rest of the women do their own thing. There is no one else for either of them in those divisions. Great card overall.
I think Cejudo did it thinking he can come back to more money in a year or so and get an immediate title shot, the problem is he's not a big name at all and no one will be that arsed he left, the division copes fine with out him and outside of MMA he's really not a big name in the slightest

Paxi

He's not left them he is mixing up camps. The TJ stuff was all a bit weird but they never had a problem with Joe B when he left them, I think its the way TJ did it that pissed them off more than the actual leaving.

I think Cejudo did it thinking he can come back to more money in a year or so and get an immediate title shot, the problem is he's not a big name at all and no one will be that arsed he left, the division copes fine with out him and outside of MMA he's really not a big name in the slightest
I agree. He’s thinking Dana will cave and give him the pay day he deserves but in reality people will always be drawn to the heavier divisions— that’s just the way it is. And like someone else says, the division is stacked right now and TJ will come back and resume his beef with Cody so Cejudo is pretty much irrelevant. He’s not even that popular amongst the fight fans anyway. I certainly didn’t like him.

facund

Didn't Cody's while beef with TJ revolve around TJ switching camps? A bit hypocritical if true.
The fuss around coach Duane Ludwig added a lot of heat to that TJ 'beef', clearly there had been some internal issues that built up and it all became a bit personal (I think it revolved around money, go figure).

Cody seems to be expanding his horizons with the blessings of the Alpha Male team. Hopefully it sees a successful evolution of his game because there is one hell of a fighter in there if they can fine tune him correctly.

Himannv

Let's hope three times a charm.
I think it’s probably legit this time. He can’t realistically beat any of the top fighters in any of the divisions he’s in. At the very least they will be very difficult fights for him.

I also think he might be looking at jail time soon and probably wants to leave the game without his legacy taking a big hit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Seems to be complaining about the fights being offered. Or rather not being offered.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That's a shame. Despite McGregor being an absolute cnut, I like seeing his fights. They have a special air about them when the opponent is right.

But I understand his point. It's hard to get excited when you look up the rankings and see Khabib, a man he will probably nine times out of ten lose to.

Oggmonster

Seems to be complaining about the fights being offered. Or rather not being offered.
Helwani, for all his criticism of the UFC and exposing them (rightly at times) is the biggest puppet for McGregor going and it doesn't help he so loves WWF drama.

He will fight again he just does this to get attention