g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The MMA thread

Oggmonster

This is ridiculous.
Her own fault she has been bragging about size advantage etc for this fight. She missed weight massively in her last fight to. She should go up to 135 but isn't good enough that's her problem and no k
One else's

Name Changed

weso26
Im biased against him so cant tell: objectively, surely he is now just a joke? Given him bottling the Ferguson fight and now retiring (again).
I highly doubt be bottled a fight. If he is going to bottle fighting anyone it would be Khabib. It's much more likely that he wasn't training, was totally out of shape and in the middle of one of his bouts of absolute benders which would have made it next to impossible for him to be ready in time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Such is MMA fandom I suppose. Some become too biased for/against certain fighters and then nonsense is spouted.

In particular the whole he is afraid/bottled it crap is a bit cringeworthy I’ve always felt. Especially when you consider they’re talking about people who willingly get locked inside a cage and get punched/kicked in the head for a living yet.
100%

Oggmonster

I highly doubt be bottled a fight. If he is going to bottle fighting anyone it would be Khabib. It's much more likely that he wasn't training, was totally out of shape and in the middle of one of his bouts of absolute benders which would have made it next to impossible for him to be ready in time.
Nah, if McGregor doesn't fight he's a bottler. If anyone else doesn't fight it's cos of COVID and fair enough, keep up!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nah, if McGregor doesn't fight he's a bottler. If anyone else doesn't fight it's cos of COVID and fair enough, keep up!
I remember reading that McGregor was in training in anticipation that Tony khabib fight wouldn’t happen, that he was anticipating an opportunity to step on.

Also how come Justin was able to step in under same circumstances?

I thought fighters stepping in last minutes was quite a regular thing in MMA?

facund

cyberman

I remember reading that McGregor was in training in anticipation that Tony khabib fight wouldn’t happen, that he was anticipating an opportunity to step on.

Wasn't the world in lockdown? Say what you want but Conor took that very seriously to the point he was providing more PPE to Ireland than our own government

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he was out of shape due to one his periodic binges, then that would obviously be his fault for not staying in shape. Whether one calls it bottling it or just plain irresponsibility, its up to Conor to stay fit and be prepared for the next fight.

Name Changed

weso26
If he was out of shape due to one his periodic binges, then that would obviously be his fault for not staying in shape. Whether one calls it bottling it or just plain irresponsibility, its up to Conor to stay fit and be prepared for the next fight.
It's up to him whether or not he wants to stay fit 365 days a year. I doubt there is many fighters who are. All of them have a training camp before competing.

Conor isn't some nobody that has to stay fit on the off chance somebody pulls out of a fight. He is the biggest draw in the sport. As he said himself, he is not some replacement fighter. Why would he be?

So unless you're saying that every single fighter should be fit & in shape every day of the year then it is neither bottling it nor a lack of responsibility and calling it either is frankly stupid.

I am not a McGregor fan anymore but you can't hide your bias at all.

Name Changed

weso26

Justin has openly said he wasn't ready for the originally scheduled one.

Lower ranked fighters (Chad v Conor, Bisping v Luke) will often step in at the last minute because they will generally get a bigger fight & bigger pay day than they would ever have. Conor has absolutely no reason whatsoever to be a replacement.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's up to him whether or not he wants to stay fit 365 days a year. I doubt there is many fighters who are. All of them have a training camp before competing.

Conor isn't some nobody that has to stay fit on the off chance somebody pulls out of a fight. He is the biggest draw in the sport. As he said himself, he is not some replacement fighter. Why would he be?

So unless you're saying that every single fighter should be fit & in shape every day of the year then it is neither bottling it nor a lack of responsibility and calling it either is frankly stupid.

I am not a McGregor fan anymore but you can't hide your bias at all.
At the end of the day, he's not special. He may be a great promoter and cash cow, but the UFC shouldn't be in the business of bowing down to him. If the reports of him declining fights because he doesn't want to be a backup fighter are true, then that's on him.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
There isn't a single fight on tonight's card that interests me. I think this will be the first card I completely skip in quite a while.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
There isn't a single fight on tonight's card that interests me. I think this will be the first card I completely skip in quite a while.
Filthy casual (unless you are on the UK :D)

Main Card (9 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+)

• Jessica Eye (126.25) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (126)*
  • Karl Roberson (190.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (186)*
  • Merab Dvalishvili (139) vs. Gustavo Lopez (140) – 140-pound catchweight bout
  • Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Charles Jourdain (145.5)
  • Jordan Espinosa (135.5) vs. Mark De La Rosa (136)
Preliminary Card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+)

• Mariya Agapova (125.5) vs. Hannah Cifers (125)
  • Charles Rosa (155) vs. Kevin Aguilar (155.5)
  • Julia Avila (135) vs. Gina Mazany (136)
  • Tyson Nam (135.5) vs. Zarrukh Adashev (138.5)*
  • Anthony Ivy (171) vs. Christian Aguilera (170.5)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wasn't the world in lockdown? Say what you want but Conor took that very seriously to the point he was providing more PPE to Ireland than our own government
Not sure what providing PPE to Irish Government has to do with MMA or Conor being a scaredy-cat :p.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Filthy casual (unless you are on the UK :D)

Main Card (9 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+)

• Jessica Eye (126.25) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (126)*
  • Karl Roberson (190.5) vs. Marvin Vettori (186)*
  • Merab Dvalishvili (139) vs. Gustavo Lopez (140) – 140-pound catchweight bout
  • Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Charles Jourdain (145.5)
  • Jordan Espinosa (135.5) vs. Mark De La Rosa (136)
Preliminary Card (6 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN+)

• Mariya Agapova (125.5) vs. Hannah Cifers (125)
  • Charles Rosa (155) vs. Kevin Aguilar (155.5)
  • Julia Avila (135) vs. Gina Mazany (136)
  • Tyson Nam (135.5) vs. Zarrukh Adashev (138.5)*
  • Anthony Ivy (171) vs. Christian Aguilera (170.5)
I am in the UK!!

Name Changed

weso26
Not sure what providing PPE to Irish Government has to do with MMA or Conor being a scaredy-cat :p.
Scared of who? If any single person has the balls to be locked in a cage to fight a trained killer, then they are not a "scaredy-cat". What an ignorant comments. Any person who does it is a fecking animal..

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Poor Cifers. Two fights in short time notice against on fire fighters, two loses in two weeks

Luke1995

I've read a while ago that Michael Chandler was a free agent. I don't believe he goes to UFC until I see it. Pretty sure he's had some chances in the past.

But for the sake of the argument, let's say he does sign with them. How competitive would he be against their lightweights ? Although he remains a good fighter his prime was like 2011

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I've read a while ago that Michael Chandler was a free agent. I don't believe he goes to UFC until I see it. Pretty sure he's had some chances in the past.

But for the sake of the argument, let's say he does sign with them. How competitive would he be against their lightweights ? Although he remains a good fighter his prime was like 2011
Of the top 15 ranked fighters, I think he could maybe beat Iaquinta and Cowboy Cerrone.

Luke1995

Good morning guys!

So, I was on another website discussing who is the female GOAT and when I said Cyborg (My point being that Cyborg didn't lose from 2005 until 2018) I started hearing:

'' Amanda beat Ronda Miesha Valentina De Randamie, Holly and Cyborg herself in barely a minute ''

Alright, I know that's a impressive record, but let's break it down:

De Randamie literally gave her belt away because she didn't want to fight Cyborg. That's what most fans thought anyway.

Ronda, she would always fight Cyborg throught the media, but was never willing to meet her at a catchweight, instead trying to force her into what would be a very unhealthy weight cut.

Miesha, she was a very good fighter, but don't think most fans would call her world class. Most likely Cyborg would've beaten her too.

Holly, yeah, that was impressive, but Cyborg beat her first.

Valentina, the reason people want to see the trilogy is because they think they're 1-1. Not like Nunes dominated her the two fights.

And yeah, she finished Cyborg when they fought, but still, when you take into consideration the points I made, and the number of years Cyborg went without losing...

Amanda has a good case, but it's still a very close discussion.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good morning guys!

So, I was on another website discussing who is the female GOAT and when I said Cyborg (My point being that Cyborg didn't lose from 2005 until 2018) I started hearing:

'' Amanda beat Ronda Miesha Valentina De Randamie, Holly and Cyborg herself in barely a minute ''

Alright, I know that's a impressive record, but let's break it down:

De Randamie literally gave her belt away because she didn't want to fight Cyborg. That's what most fans thought anyway.

Ronda, she would always fight Cyborg throught the media, but was never willing to meet her at a catchweight, instead trying to force her into what would be a very unhealthy weight cut.

Miesha, she was a very good fighter, but don't think most fans would call her world class. Most likely Cyborg would've beaten her too.

Holly, yeah, that was impressive, but Cyborg beat her first.

Valentina, the reason people want to see the trilogy is because they think they're 1-1. Not like Nunes dominated her the two fights.

And yeah, she finished Cyborg when they fought, but still, when you take into consideration the points I made, and the number of years Cyborg went without losing...

Amanda has a good case, but it's still a very close discussion.
Hmmm. That's a whole lot of ifs and buts to argue for things Cyborg might have done but Amanda actually did. Then you have Nunes beating Cyborg for good measure, in less than a minute.

Regarding the bold, the really telling thing is that for a lot of people the toughest match up available for Nunes is someone she's already beaten twice before.

Really don't think it's all that close between Nunes and Cyborg.

Luke1995

It's not Cyborg's fault that the UFC didn't wanna sign her sooner, waited too long to create a division for her, didn't sign the best contenders, and people were actually afraid to fight her

She fought the best who were available to her and went 13 years without losing. Anyway, it seems like the fans have already decided that Nunes takes it