The MMA thread

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Buckley is built like a young Mike Tyson, but the skillset of Holland was too much.

For a short notice fight though, Buckley shopwed decent cardio. With so much muscle I thought he was gonna last only one round.

Buckley also gassed himself out running after Holland to KO him in the first. Holland was pretty annoying as well with his smiling and talking to Buckley.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Buckley also gassed himself out running after Holland to KO him in the first. Holland was pretty annoying as well with his smiling and talking to Buckley.
A little arrogance can be good in fighting. Did you think Holland's defense looked more like a boxer than a typical MMA fighter? If I could make a guy like Buckley miss like that I'd be giddy too. Like dancing with a train!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A little arrogance can be good in fighting. Did you think Holland's defense looked more like a boxer than a typical MMA fighter? If I could make a guy like Buckley miss like that I'd be giddy too. Like dancing with a train!
He looked like a poor man's Adesanya mixed with a bit of MvP. Good fighter, but will need to improve if he wants to move up to be in contention for anything.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
No discussions at all about Stipe vs. Cormier?
Considering that after the 5 rounds they have already fought, Stipe won only one round, I think I'm going with DC.

He should be able to control his emotions and fight smart this time, instead of going for the KO just because he wanted to prove a point.

But who knows really. DC is definitely an emotional fighter, and given it's his last fight, anything can happen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Considering that after the 5 rounds they have already fought, Stipe won only one round, I think I'm going with DC.

He should be able to control his emotions and fight smart this time, instead of going for the KO just because he wanted to prove a point.

But who knows really. DC is definitely an emotional fighter, and given it's his last fight, anything can happen.
You don't think Stipe going to the body again is going to be a viable and active strategy? Cormier looked very tender there, like it's a weak point... perhaps he tries to overly protect that area and inadvertently opens himself up to the head.

Or do you think it was a fluke the first time round?

RedFish

I'm not a big fan but he has always taken his losses pretty well hasn't he?
You could say that, but if you ever watch his interviews? I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about his legacy more than this guy. Before it was Jones, Jones, Jones. Now it's his legacy....

I don't mind him, but he does have more than a streak of narcissism in his personality.

Stipe all.the way.

Luke1995

She is getting criticized for that in every mma website...

I think it was smart decision if all she cares about is money but doubt it will be good for her health.

Still strange to see the lack of support for it.

Oggmonster

You could say that, but if you ever watch his interviews? I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about his legacy more than this guy. Before it was Jones, Jones, Jones. Now it's his legacy....

I don't mind him, but he does have more than a streak of narcissism in his personality.

Stipe all.the way.
Yeah I think thats why I can't warm to him, when he's not fighting he's sound commentary or when see him in interviews etc but the build up he is cringing. Even the Jones losses he didn't make excuses though from memory and they were ready made for him

She is getting criticized for that in every mma website...

I think it was smart decision if all she cares about is money but doubt it will be good for her health.

Still strange to see the lack of support for it.
I dont get why she's getting criticised. She wanted to fight still, Dana said that, Dana said she wouldn't get what she wanted from the UFC so to test the market and BKFC is the one she signed for. Why is it different from any other fighter doing the exact same thing? Cos shes attractive would be my guess and in some weird way its like people want to protect her.

Good luck to her if its what she wants to do, she obviously does enjoy fighting even if she's not that great at it.