g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The MMA thread

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This has a big fight feel. I really like both Stipe and DC, so just excited for the fight as a spectacle.

As skillful as he is, starting to really dislike O’Malley. I felt so bad for him with all they Usada nonsense, but since coming back, he hasn’t shut up.

It’s great to be confident, but being as cocky as he is so constantly, in every interview, is a real turnoff.

I can’t see past dos Santos getting KO’ed either. I feel like his best days are long since gone, and Jairzinho can hit hard.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Really want Stipe to win.

Firstly, I like him. A great fighter and seems like a great person.

Secondly, I hate fighters winning the title and retiring.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Man, im really hyped for tomorrow's event

Youve gotta give it to tomato head, he surely knows how to set up the mood for a good show

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Right I’m off to bed so I can stay up for this. Looking forward to the main event if nothing else.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
You don't think Stipe going to the body again is going to be a viable and active strategy? Cormier looked very tender there, like it's a weak point... perhaps he tries to overly protect that area and inadvertently opens himself up to the head.

Or do you think it was a fluke the first time round?
In the last presser they asked Stipe about that. He just smirked it off. So obviously it's gonna be part of their strategy.

DC is aware of that, too. So i don't think its gonna be a factor, at least not early on the fight.

I still think is DC's fight to lose. He is better than Stipe everywhere, so it's about having an intelligent fight plan and avoiding gassing mid fight.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
When does this start for people in normal timezone?
The classic main event around 4am CET?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
If Stipe wins, he might retire as well. With Ngannou waiting for the winner, wouldn't surprise me.
Possibly, but DC is definitely retiring.

I doubt Stipe is scared of Francis. He dealt with him first time and it's not like Francis has had the opportunity to show any type of evolution in that area...

George Owen

Possibly, but DC is definitely retiring.

I doubt Stipe is scared of Francis. He dealt with him first time and it's not like Francis has had the opportunity to show any type of evolution in that area...
Doesn't mean he hasn't evolved though. (While Stipe is obviously slowing down, barely fighting any more)

Francis, already having his title shot experience, will for sure manage his nerves better the next time around.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Doesn't mean he hasn't evolved though. (While Stipe is obviously slowing down, barely fighting any more)

Francis, already having his title shot experience, will for sure manage his nerves better the next time around.
It's gonna be like Shang Tsung vs. Liu Kang in the Mortal Kombat film. Francis will hear the words "face your fear" and get visions of Stipe sapping his energy away!

George Owen

It's gonna be like Shang Tsung vs. Liu Kang in the Mortal Kombat film. Francis will hear the words "face your fear" and get visions of Stipe sapping his energy away!
:lol:

It can certainly happen. The mental aspect in this sport is so important.

Speaking of that, who won the face off between Chito and Suga?

I'm bit worried for my dude, Chito. Might be wrong, but I feel Sean got in his head.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
:lol:

It can certainly happen. The mental aspect in this sport is so important.

Speaking of that, who won the face off between Chito and Suga?

I'm bit worried for my dude, Chito. Might be wrong, but I feel Sean got in his head.
Sean I believe would be the favourite but Vera is no slouch. I just think the reach will help Sean, plus Vera can get hit. Will be interesting if he can take Sean down.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Stipe is a class act, would love if he could win it, but DC just looked more complete. As someone said he did won 4 out of 5 rounds.

Then again, Stipe had this thing for winning when you kind of write him off. Should be a great fight.

Paxi

Woodley v Covington sounds like it’s on for next month.
It is.

I think DC will take Jon Jones at heavy weight for mega bucks if he beats Stipe tonight. Even Javier Mendez thinks so.

SirAnderson

What a epic weekend of sports. Been having my fill! Snooker, local football, CL, MLB, NBA, and this tonight then to cap it off Man United. (Hopefully that doesn't spoil it all)

Expecting a Sean and DC win.

George Owen

I hate that every event I have to decided whether to stay up and watch it all or set an alarm for the co and main event and watch the others later.
That sucks, man. On paper, tonight's card is not the best overall, so maybe not a bad idea if you go get some sleep now and wake up for the co-main.

RedFish

What a epic weekend of sports. Been having my fill! Snooker, local football, CL, MLB, NBA, and this tonight then to cap it off Man United. (Hopefully that doesn't spoil it all)

Expecting a Sean and DC win.
Massive test for O'Malley but I think he's the real deal.

I think Stipe will wipe DC out.

Paxi

Ah I want both fighters to win ffs. Same will be with Khabib and Gaethje.

I’d love it if O’Malley gets knocked the feck out though. Can’t stand him for some reason.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I’d love it if O’Malley gets knocked the feck out though. Can’t stand him for some reason.
I don't get O'Malley. Seems like a mid tier minnow with cool hair.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Completely agree. His fanbase are people who think 420 jokes are the pinnacle of comedy.

George Owen

@George Owen do you think will we ever ser a chilean UFC fighter? The level is so high its insane
We had one already. Diego Rivas. He sucked ass, but he gave us the KO of the year 2016.

Jonathan "Mestre" Ortega, who participated in TUF latin america, but also sucked. He got ragdolled by the peruvian Barzola.

I guess we can also claim Vicente Luque, as his father is chilean.

The other known chilean MMA fighter is "Jaula" Bahamondez, but he is in Combate Americas for now. Not very good in my opinion, good striker but lacks that mean streak. He spend his days giving hearts to the Valerie Loureda pictures in instagram (maybe train same gym?).

Also Eduardo "Cyborg" Torres. 10-0 record, fighting in Combate Americas too, but this guy it seems is the real deal. Hopefully.

Paxi

I’m not sure either. He seems to have like a **** following on twitter but he’s yet to fight anyone in top 15. I know the rankings are fecked up but I’d love to see him start notching up some real names before I jump on his hype train. That’s it, I think, I probably don’t like him due to the little **** following that he seems to have garnered without doing very much at all.

Paxi

Completely agree. His fanbase are people who think 420 jokes are the pinnacle of comedy.
His fans are bizarre, I usually stay away from reading daft twitter replies but some
were suggesting Conor O’Malley fight would be good.. I mean, I get that they probably don’t have a clue about MMA but that’s what you have to deal with.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
We had one already. Diego Rivas. He sucked ass, but he gave us the KO of the year 2016.

Jonathan "Mestre" Ortega, who participated in TUF latin america, but also sucked. He got ragdolled by the peruvian Barzola.

I guess we can also claim Vicente Luque, as his father is chilean.

The other known chilean MMA fighter is "Jaula" Bahamondez, but he is in Combate Americas for now. Not very good in my opinion, good striker but lacks that mean streak. He spend his days giving hearts to the Valerie Loureda pictures in instagram (maybe train same gym?).

Also Eduardo "Cyborg" Torres. 10-0 record, fighting in Combate Americas too, but this guy it seems is the real deal. Hopefully.
Oh you're right! Totally forgot about Rivas. I restarted watching mma around 2018 and he wasnt around

Nah, Luque is brazilian, with the brazil flag and all :lol:

RedFish

He's spectacular. Let's see if he can replicate that against decent opposition. Tonight is the night!

More like top tier, shite hair. We're about to find out I guess.