The MMA thread

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t stand him and his forced personality, but completely outclassed Costa, who should be embarrassed after talking so much shit.

Unfortunately Adesanya turning into one of those fighters that you can’t wait to see get knocked out.

It could be a while though. Leagues above Costa tonight.
Unfortunately this.

kidbob

As expected, no one in that division is going to be able to strike with Izzy. Costa was an embarrassment tonight. Needs a great wrestler to beat him and I say this as a Whittaker fan.

Paxi

There’s something about this guy makes me a bit sick in my own mouth.

kidbob

There’s something about this guy makes me a bit sick in my own mouth.
It's the fact that he's a teenager whose in his 30s. Unbelievable fighter though and can easily go 30-0 unless his version of Weidman materialises.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Terrible fight plan by Costa. You have to fight Adesanya by putting constant pressure on him (as Gastelum did). If you just sit back, he will gradually chip away with his speed and accuracy.

Name Changed

weso26
Terrible fight plan by Costa. You have to fight Adesanya by putting constant pressure on him (as Gastelum did). If you just sit back, he will gradually chip away with his speed and accuracy.
Exactly? What was he afraid off? Gassing?

mu4c_20le

Costa was wary of the counter. He tried to bait Izzy all day but you can't troll the troll. He had nothing for Izzy's speed so it was either go out like a warrior or die a slow death.

kidbob

Leg kick, leg kick, leg kick, leg kick.

Don't care if it's effective, it's dull as shite to watch.
It's not Izzy's fault for this. The others are terrified to attack him, look what happened to Whittaker. Ironically the only chance that Costa et all have on the feet is to bite down and try to land a KO shot (Yoel was definitely capable of this). The minute Costa tried to close the distance he got finished. It's the 'boring' Spain thing all over again.

kidbob

The only one I think might have a chance is Hermansson. You basically need someone who will just dive at his ankles all fight trying to take him down. Outside of a perfect KO shot that's the only way your beating him.

Paxi

Paxi

Am I the only one that thinks lw is the most technical division. It’s really really good. It’s got actual throws, subs etc. Anything after just feels like pure brute force and frankly I’ve not seen anything remotely interesting apart from Maia or GSP.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Dont care about his antics

We are witnessing the messi of this mma generation
Unreal striking, makes beating a monster like costa seem so effortless
Bring the next 10 contenders

Paxi

Dont care about his antics

We are witnessing the messi of this mma generation
Unreal striking, makes beating a monster like costa seem so effortless
Bring the next 10 contenders
Are you being serious?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The moob was the first thing I saw, and very suspect. Could be an injury perhaps, but it was very noticeable

kidbob

Am I the only one that thinks lw is the most technical division. It’s really really good. It’s got actual throws, subs etc. Anything after just feels like pure brute force and frankly I’ve not seen anything remotely interesting apart from Maia or GSP.
I'd say lightweight and featherweight are the most stacked divisions by a fair distance. The funny thing is that the lower weight classes generally have the best technical fighters in them because they can't usually rely on power, but because of the lack of KOs most people ignore them mostly. I mean DJ is maybe the most complete fighter there has ever been but he never gets the true adulation he deserves. @DrRodo says Izzy is the 'Messi' of MMA when realistically DJ is much closer to that considering the fact that he is excellent across a range of martial arts but because he is small he'll never truly get the credit he deserves.

Sorry bit of tangent there but yeah LW has the best fighter in the World in it, probably 3 of the top 10 strikers in the UFC in it and just a crazy depth of quality fighters.

Paxi

I'd say lightweight and featherweight are the most stacked divisions by a fair distance. The funny thing is that the lower weight classes generally have the best technical fighters in them because they can't usually rely on power, but because of the lack of KOs most people ignore them mostly. I mean DJ is maybe the most complete fighter there has ever been but he never gets the true adulation he deserves. @DrRodo says Izzy is the 'Messi' of MMA when realistically DJ is much closer to that considering the fact that he is excellent across a range of martial arts but because he is small he'll never truly get the credit he deserves.

Sorry bit of tangent there but yeah LW has the best fighter in the World in it, probably 3 of the top 10 strikers in the UFC in it and just a crazy depth of quality fighters.
I really agree with the sentiment. I would say lightweight is the perfect balance between precision and power. I’d say, Tony Ferguson is the best example of that. And yea, featherweight is good as well.

Paxi

Oh sorry I completely forgot myself. Bantamweight is probably the most stacked division now.

Paxi

I just want to say that, looking back, Porier, did absolutely incredible against Khabib, and according to Porier, that guillotine was as locked in. Dustin, black belt in bjj blew out his arms and got subsequently submitted.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's not Izzy's fault for this. The others are terrified to attack him, look what happened to Whittaker. Ironically the only chance that Costa et all have on the feet is to bite down and try to land a KO shot (Yoel was definitely capable of this). The minute Costa tried to close the distance he got finished. It's the 'boring' Spain thing all over again.
Very much in effect tonight, but the difference for me being Costa is the game sort and him not trying to run and gun tells a story all of its own.

Piece of fecking cake. @Fortitude

You should be convinced now but probably not!

Vicious leg kicks. What a head kick to start off the finishing sequence.

Costa - feck off now juice ball.
No, I am. That was very impressive and the fact Costa opted to stay on the outside and get chewed up instead of go for it in his trademark fashion, tells its own story. He saw no openings and his instincts told him not to go in wildly.

Adesanya's kicks had power and sharpness. Along with his movement, totally killed the fight as a competition.

I can't say anything is different in terms of Adesanya's ability to actually avoid sharp hands when thrown, but if he doesn't even enable opponents to get into positions for that to happen, there's nothing to be said there, really.

Adesanya was worth every bit of his reputation tonight. Very much a legend-level performance. Masterful.

People putting the spotlight on Costa for not doing his thing have to understand why he didn't - he simply could not because Adesanya made it that way.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Israel completely outclassed Costa. He didn’t even break a sweat. He completely dismantled him. He rendered the bull impotent. He really is too good – fights at distance, those punishing leg kicks and then the precision (and power) to finish the fight. He’s the complete package. I don’t understand why he isn’t a bigger star.

Paxi

Khabib and Loma are two excellent fighters. Anyone else get fecked.

Paxi

Israel completely outclassed Costa. He didn’t even break a sweat. He completely dismantled him. He rendered the bull impotent. He really is too good – fights at distance, those punishing leg kicks and then the precision (and power) to finish the fight. He’s the complete package. I don’t understand why he isn’t a bigger star.
Hey if he’s so good, why doesn’t he move up in weight. I guess it’s cause he’d get his socks filled right in.

Paxi

Adesanya, you cleared the division, 6’4, you’ve a year to move up:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Adesanya, you cleared the division, 6’4, you’ve a year to move up:
Ah, so you are being serious.

As you rightly say, he’s cleaned up in middleweight. There can be no accusations of ducking or anything like that. He’s taken on the best, dealt with different styles (including taking a lot of shit because Romero is a weird cnut) and shown his quality every time.

I think he moves up a weight and takes Jones as a natural evolution, something he is clearly open to.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I can’t believe how much of a bitch Costa was made to look.

Adesanya basically cut him down at the knees from the get go.

Absolute demolition job :lol:

Paxi

I agree with your first sentence. Their excellence doesn’t detract from the quality of others though :)
Whom are others? I’ve Khabib.. and then Maybe Max.. and after that I’ve no clue.. Yan is really good and Sterling is fecking lethal too. That division is absolutely stacked. That’s what I mean, welterweight and above just feels cumbersome.