The MMA thread

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
No idea. Never seen him fight before.
Me neither, just saw the hype when he came back to the UFC.
Personally never heard of him before, but according to some, he was supposed to be the best fighter ever :lol:
Will be interesting to see.

stevoc

FFS. I was hoping he'd get knocked the feck out. He even tries to talk with a more Irish accent just to sound like Conor. The guy is pure cringe.
Surely you mean a Dublin accent?

He is Irish not sure how an Irish person makes themselves sound more Irish.

Though i agree he is a clown, his McGregor impersonation is embarrassing. Even has the tattoos and the glasses now. Can't listen to him anymore.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Though i agree he is a clown, his McGregor impersonation is embarrassing. Even has the tattoos and the glasses now. Can't listen to him anymore.
Surely he's doing it on purpose to take the piss?

Oggmonster

Surely he's doing it on purpose to take the piss?
I dunno if he's doing it to take the piss. I think it's pretty plausible he does it to get attention though and it quite clearly works. Can't stand him myself but does get people talking it seems.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What day this week do you think we'll hear about a picogram of something being in Jones?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Yeah thats what I meant.

poleglass red

Are you people saying he sounds like McGregor? his accent is nothing like Conor's they are from different parts of Ireland who each have distinctive accents. His appearance and mannerisms are very Conoresque, but he's a young lad whose seen Conor's popularity and is trying to emulate it. Ideally you'd want him to be more himself and maybe as he gets older he will. The one thing I've noticed is he has a much more developed ground game than Conor had at this age imo. It's good to see Kavanagh wanting to churn out more rounded fighters, and not just rely on knockout power.

Oggmonster

Are you people saying he sounds like McGregor? his accent is nothing like Conor's they are from different parts of Ireland who each have distinctive accents. His appearance and mannerisms are very Conoresque, but he's a young lad whose seen Conor's popularity and is trying to emulate it. Ideally you'd want him to be more himself and maybe as he gets older he will. The one thing I've noticed is he has a much more developed ground game than Conor had at this age imo. It's good to see Kavanagh wanting to churn out more rounded fighters, and not just rely on knockout power.
I've not paid much attention to any accent change that may have happened but he definitely has copied certain parts (he laughs the exact same as him which is really weird.) Danis is similar and copies him to.

I dunno if those guys do it for attention really cos if they do it does work.

stevoc

I'm not no, his accents changed a bit but thats probably down to him living in Dublin the last few years. Or at least i think he does.

But whatever his reasons he does seem to be doing a McGregor impression these days.

Andersons Dietician

So my mate just told me he read that Ortega is fighting Aldo for the “vacated” featherweight title? Anyone heard anything about this? I can’t see anything anywhere so I’m guessing it’s not true but has anyone seen anything similar?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
So my mate just told me he read that Ortega is fighting Aldo for the “vacated” featherweight title? Anyone heard anything about this? I can’t see anything anywhere so I’m guessing it’s not true but has anyone seen anything similar?
No way Max vacates his belt. Not yet at least (if he wins vs Dustin he might).

Another interim belt though, that's possible. But it shouldn't be Ortega fighting for it. He needs to come back to the winning columns first.

Aldo vs Volkanovksi makes the more sense. Haven't heard or read anything related to this topic though.

Andersons Dietician

@Andersons Dietician

Ah so nothing really cemented in place, just speculation this is what Ortega is aiming for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Holloway moved up in weight but Ortega is the same. Both too big for the division probably going to want to go up. Imagine if it comes round full circle again to Aldo being the king at featherweight. Only people beating him having all moved to 155.

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Interim this interim that. Bullshit

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
My picks for now...

Main Card PPV

Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Anthony Smith
Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Kamaru Usman
Welterweight Robbie Lawler vs. Ben Askren
Women's Strawweight Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
Bantamweight Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz

Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Light Heavyweight Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
Bantamweight Cody Stamann vs. Alejandro Pérez
Welterweight Diego Sanchez vs. Mickey Gall

Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Middleweight Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Charles Byrd
Women's Bantamweight Gina Mazany vs. Macy Chiasson
Women's Strawweight Polyana Viana vs. Hannah Cifers

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Which are the fights to watch out for on BT tonight?