The MMA thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I remember a bunch of users (including me) laughed some guy who loved Khabib out of this thread because he was adamant Khabib wouldn't fight again due to the promise to his mother...

Seems like he was correct so along :lol:

Oggmonster

I remember a bunch of users (including me) laughed some guy who loved Khabib out of this thread because he was adamant Khabib wouldn't fight again due to the promise to his mother...

Seems like he was correct so along :lol:
Haha true. I don't even mind the guy! Just thought the comment about him being worried about someone's mum and dad was funny...now I'm unhinged!

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.

important fight for them individually, especially Gastelum who’s running a 1-3 record after that Izzy fight. Izzy already mentioned that he would like to see ‘fresh meat’, which should be an incentive for Cannonier to work his way up to a title shot, who’s coming from a loss against Whitaker as well. Considering the stakes, this could be a real war.

Last edited:

LazyRed-Ninja

Gastelum has never really been the same after that Izzy war in my opinion. He’s still ‘young’ for his division but this will be his 20th UFC fight already. His explosiveness and foot movement seems to be lacking ever since. Time is still on his side, but this will be a very important fight for him. Going down at 170 is not an option considering the weight cut issues.

Last edited:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Gastelum has never really been the same after that Izzy war in my opinion. He’s still ‘young’ for his division but this will be his 20th UFC fight already. His explosiveness and foot movement seems to be lacking ever since. Time is still on his side, but this will be a very important fight for him. Going down at 155 is not an option considering the weight cut issues.
You mean 170? Yeah, he is not going back. He is struggling to make 185.

He could go back to WW, easily, if he was more professional. Sadly, his love for burritos and tacos can't be tamed.

With a current 1-4 record in his last 5 fights, it seems he is not even good enough as a gatekeeper role in the division. Might get cut if he loses tomorrow?

LazyRed-Ninja

You mean 170? Yeah, he is not going back. He is struggling to make 185.

He could go back to WW, easily, if he was more professional. Sadly, his love for burritos and tacos can't be tamed.

With a current 1-4 record in his last 5 fights, it seems he is not even good enough as a gatekeeper role in the division. Might get cut if he loses tomorrow?
correct 170 typo!

he should be able to do it with the right frame of mind and professionalism. He missed weight two consecutive fights at 170. Even Dana said he wouldn’t let him fight anymore at 170.

it’s a shame, I remember his fight against Woodley I believe in 2014, when he missed weight by a larger amount. Woodley became a champion the fighter after with that KO win over Lawler.

Gastelum should realize that his options and chances to fight for the title are slim already. This fight is vital for the trajectory of his career at 185. The casuals might not been all to familair with him, but he’s been in the game for a long time already. I followed him since his win in the TUF and I always fought he had the potential to become a champion.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

I’ve deliberately constructed the longer ‘positive’ comment (about Khabib being an all time great) in such a way that could be seen as a ‘ Khabib fan boy’ just to see how he would respond..

notice how +Oggmonster used the term Covid in regards to Khabib.. very subtle…

the hilarious part is, that the ‘positive’ comments were all facts that were mentioned and the first thing he could think of was a comment with the term COVID in it..

Conor also referenced the COVID situation in regards to Khabib’s deceased father, which put even more people of the Conor hype train that was derailed by Khabib in the 155 division! I therefore can ‘understand’ why Conor fans would be ‘envious’ of Khabib. He represents everything that Conor did not achieve in his his career, which is retiring as an undefeated champion in his prime.
But it's bizzare watching someone who (I would assume) is a grown man behave in this way. Every post on here that is remotely positive about Khabib seems to effectuate a full blown emotional meltdown. Non of these athletes know who we are or that we exist, so watching someone turn unhinged whenever Khabib is mentioned is bizzare, but it's still funny, to be honest.

Oggmonster

But it's bizzare watching someone who (I would assume) is a grown man behave in this way. Every post on here that is remotely positive about Khabib seems to effectuate a full blown emotional meltdown. Non of these athletes know who we are or that we exist, so watching someone turn unhinged whenever Khabib is mentioned is bizzare, but it's still funny, to be honest.
Again I only laughed at the mum and dad thing dunno why it bothered people!

Also for a second time shouldn't be calling people unhinged it's pretty rude.

Ladron de redcafe

Again I only laughed at the mum and dad thing dunno why it bothered people!

Also for a second time shouldn't be calling people unhinged it's pretty rude.
I'm just calling it as I see it. I find your emotional state funny.

Gastelum has never really been the same after that Izzy war in my opinion. He’s still ‘young’ for his division but this will be his 20th UFC fight already. His explosiveness and foot movement seems to be lacking ever since. Time is still on his side, but this will be a very important fight for him. Going down at 170 is not an option considering the weight cut issues.

It's unfortunate because he looked really good against Izzy and there didn't seem to be much that separated them until the last round. I'm not sure he has the physical advantages that others and when that's the case, you can't afford to have a lax attitude when it comes to nutrition.

mu4c_20le

Judging by your posts in the Messi threads, you should be the last to call others unhinged :D

Ladron de redcafe

Taking a thread off topic
Judging by your posts in the Messi threads, you should be the last to call others unhinged :D
No more an apt description than you in those threads, but this is an MMA thread, so I'm not sure why you're derailing the thread.

Ladron de redcafe

Because you lack self awareness and it needed pointing out. Carry on!
The irony must be lost as you seem to describe yourself here and your behaviour in that other thread.

But as I said, this is an MMA thread. And for some odd reason, you're as intent on derailing this one as you seem to be in the Messi and Ronaldo threads.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
The irony must be lost as you seem to describe yourself here and your behaviour in that other thread.

But as I said, this is an MMA thread. And for some odd reason, you're as intent on derailing this one as you seem to be in the Messi and Ronaldo threads.
Calling others unhinged is derailing the thread too. Don't then start whining if others do similar.

Ladron de redcafe

Calling others unhinged is derailing the thread too. Don't then start whining if others do similar.
It isn't. But you are, with your non-sequeter. In any case, back to the thread topic, and actual MMA discussion.

--

Masvidal is the latest UFC fighter to ridicule McGregor and dismiss his chances in a hypothetical matchup. A few months ago, McGregor angled for a fight against Masvidal but just as Manny Pacquiao lost interest in a fight with McGregor after Poirier's win at UFC 264, Masvidal no longer seems to be interested in even entertaining a fight.

“I’m full man size. He’s like a very small, fragile dude,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie. “He don’t want that. You can’t pay that man enough money, so that one’s OK. (I) don’t need it.”

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Talking a lot without saying much but I could listen to him all day in the background. :lol:

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Seriously, chilean fighters like some violent knock out wins. Remember that nasty knee? I hope Ignacio can have more good fights and stay in the division for a while

redom

William Knight looks like the kinda guy that could knock you out with his thumb from an inch away, didn't even know how he'd caught him until the replay.