The Modern / Current Players Draft

Skizzo

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I was just starting the round mate. Not pushing you for the pick!
Yeah I know. It was the rules (reasonable ones tbf and makes the draft more entertaining) which I was venting my frustration at. Btw Xavi is considered as Chilean for this draft right? :wenger:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Genuinely think you made a blunder, @Skizzo . Theon will get the Goofy to replace Sanchez, then maybe get Zabaleta or Ivanovic as RB. And the Final will be as one sided as it could. We'll see.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Genuinely think you made a blunder, @Skizzo . Theon will get the Goofy to replace Sanchez, then maybe get Zabaleta or Ivanovic as RB. And the Final will be as one sided as it could. We'll see.
How would you have gone about it if you were Skizzo?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How would you have gone about it if you were Skizzo?
Get the Goofy in to replace Iniesta, then Lahm for Juanfran. Theon won't get Lahm, as he needs tobreplace Khedira then. Even if he does that (get Lahm and, maybe, Vidal for Khedira) it's still less threatening than him getting Goofy.

But what do I know. You guys are better than me in this draft thing, and may have something up on your sleeves. :D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Goofy-Ibra-Robben is worse than it may seem. They need a grafter there and Sanchez can play as one - and it would be a shame to downplay one of them as a support player to other too.

Imagine the final without Goofy though. It would be ridiculous :lol: yet, it makes no sense for Skizzo to replace his best player in Iniesta for anyone, while there are other issues in his team

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Get the Goofy in to replace Iniesta, then Lahm for Juanfran. Theon won't get Lahm, as he needs tobreplace Khedira then. Even if he does that (get Lahm and, maybe, Vidal for Khedira) it's still less threatening than him getting Goofy.

But what do I know. You guys are better than me in this draft thing, and may have something up on your sleeves. :D
We had 2 Germans in Kroos and Müller with Kroos as our post 90 player and as for replacing Iniesta :nono:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Goofy-Ibra-Robben is worse than it may seem. They need a grafter there and Sanchez can play as one - and it would be a shame to downplay one of them as a support player to other too.

Imagine the final without Goofy though. It would be ridiculous :lol: yet, it makes no sense for Skizzo to replace his best player in Iniesta for anyone, while there are other issues in his team
Robben can work as hard as Sanchez, as last WC has shown. And Theon has midfield 3 .

Theon was incredibly lucky with his picking, though. I couldn't believe Robben slipped through him on the 2nd round, when he was the 3rd/4th in picking order. Then getting Silva and Vidic. And now potentially Goofy.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Sorry guys havent forgotten about this.

Aye, I'm not certain on getting Ronaldinho. There's nothing wrong with that trio though, Ronaldinho-Ibra-Robben looks wonderful to me but you would probably benefit from adding some extra graft elsewhere in the team.

Xavi is an option as well though as he can do everything Kroos can and far, far more so it would be a very nice upgrade to the German '14 midfield.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah. You getting Xavi and Lahm is most possibly the scenario than SKizzo and Joga had in mind, too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd ditch Albiol, before Toure. Toure played as RB before.

But Schewi and Masch protecting defense is like cheating.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'd ditch Albiol, before Toure. Toure played as RB before.

But Schewi and Masch protecting defense is like cheating.
Indeed he did. Surprised you knew that as I didn't think many people would buy me playing Toure at right back, but that's why I kept him so long.

One option was actually a very offensive move to get Xavi and Ronaldinho with Toure at right back, but I thought this was more balanced.

Prefer Albiol to Toure at right back though, the latter can play there but I don't think he was as good. He was only kept as a backup in case I brought in a Spaniard and needed to drop Albiol.

Skizzo

Indeed he did. Surprised you knew that as I didn't think many people would buy me playing Toure at right back, but that's why I kept him so long.

One option was actually a very offensive move to get Xavi and Ronaldinho with Toure at right back, but I thought this was more balanced.

Prefer Albiol to Toure at right back though, the latter can play there but I don't think he was as good. He was only kept as a backup in case I brought in a Spaniard and needed to drop Albiol.
You can probably just take the final off. Looks like Isotope will do all the plugging for your team :p