The Modern / Current Players Draft

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Well make sure you do well.

I'd hate for you to leave a stain on your reputation.

I promise not to make any more bad jokes during the draft.

That's a promise I can't keep.
I won that draft (had to mention it :wenger:) You can do better than that joke, try away :) I'm proud to be the stain.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ide...reads-new-ways-of-playing-out-matches.393557/

We usually have some discussions in there about future drafts, and different ideas too, if you wanted to check it out. Nice to see some fresh interest though! :)
Will do!

The Stain

:lol: to be fair, it barely qualifies as a joke anyway!

what was the draft criteria in the newbie draft?
Sheep draft. Players born post 1960.

My final team:

------------------ Kahn ------------------
Neville ---- Puyol ---- Vidic ------ Abidal
---------- Desailly --- Davids -----------
-- Robben ------- Gullit ------ Stoichkov
--------------- van Basten ---------------

Skizzo

My final team:

How the hell did some of those players get through in a sheep draft?!

Then again, I guess the criteria I had in the sheep draft here was a bit more restrictive :p

congrats though btw! The only draft I've won so far was in the newbies. Lost in a final (or two?) up here so far.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Then again, I guess the criteria I had in the sheep draft here was a bit more restrictive :p
I hope everyone read that. It was all lies when you tried to shift the blame on me. Everything came out of your evil mind.

Annahnomoss

My final team:

One hell of a team. Hard-working as hell and then Desailly-Davids and Gullit in the middle makes it a very impressive side.

The Stain

How the hell did some of those players get through in a sheep draft?!

congrats though btw! The only draft I've won so far was in the newbies. Lost in a final (or two?) up here so far.
12 managers. Most criteria were easy tbf. I had accumulated a comprehensive list of players and did guesstimates of what positions the other managers would go for. Davids/Gullit/van Basten were picked up after the third round, lol. My opponent; @Big red123 , possibly had a better team but my attack won it for me. Should have been a closer final than it was.

Skizzo

12 managers. Most criteria were easy tbf. I had accumulated a comprehensive list of players and did guesstimates of what positions the other managers would go for. Davids/Gullit/van Basten were picked up after the third round, lol. My opponent; @Big red123 , possibly had a better team but my attack won it for me. Should have been a closer final than it was.
It's a cracking team, no doubt. Well done putting it together. Can only beat what's in front of you :)

I can't remember the full team I had in the draft I won...but fairly sure it included Best, Maradona, Edwards, Matthaus, Bobby Moore, and Elias Figueroa. Pretty sure there were no restrictions on players :lol:

The Stain

It's a cracking team, no doubt. Well done putting it together. Can only beat what's in front of you :)

I can't remember the full team I had in the draft I won...but fairly sure it included Best, Maradona, Edwards, Matthaus, Bobby Moore, and Elias Figueroa. Pretty sure there were no restrictions on players :lol:
Hard to beat a team with those players :drool: What were the last couple of themes so i don't get shot down immediately if i come up with some suggestions?

Skizzo

Hard to beat a team with those players :drool: What were the last couple of themes so i don't get shot down immediately if i come up with some suggestions?
We did a british all time draft. We had a sheep draft with varying criteria. We did a manager's draft..where you picked a manager, and could only pick players that he had managed. Those were the last 3 I believe.

The Stain

We did a british all time draft. We had a sheep draft with varying criteria. We did a manager's draft..where you picked a manager, and could only pick players that he had managed. Those were the last 3 I believe.
Like the sound of the last one.. When was the last time you did a PL draft?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

My final team:

Desailly and Davids in midfield. Genius :smirk: @Thisistheone @antohan

NoPace

Like the sound of the last one.. When was the last time you did a PL draft?
I'd love to do a 20 team PL draft with 20 rounds and instead of head to head, rank them as likely to win a title. So, picking injury prone types would be held against you.

Call it "The Squad To Win the Prem Draft" and we can all agonize about things like Trippier vs Joel Ward and Jefferson Montero vs Wilfried Zaha

Skizzo

I'd love to do a 20 team PL draft with 20 rounds and instead of head to head, rank them as likely to win a title. So, picking injury prone types would be held against you.

Call it "The Squad To Win the Prem Draft" and we can all agonize about things like Trippier vs Joel Ward and Jefferson Montero vs Wilfried Zaha
I'd definitely be down for that. Don't know how well the interest would hold up though knowing how long some of the rounds drag on.

The Stain

I was thinking players who have played in the PL since it's inception in 92 but a PL 14/15 draft would be equally fun.

Edit: If we were to go with the squad idea, you wouldn't need 20 rounds but have several rounds were you'd pick 2 at a time.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Edit: If we were to go with the squad idea, you wouldn't need 20 rounds but have several rounds were you'd pick 2 at a time.
20 rounds as 20 games (league-based system, not a cup one), not as 20 picking rounds.

VivaJanuzaj

for those who are interested in talking about something until the SF starts..
So its:

I'm not a big fan of either CB pairing as a pair, but Sammer/Desailly are very capable of aiding either. Alexis seems is the only one sticking out in the attacks though. Ronaldinho-Kaka-Henry in a counter attack might be fantastic, but team #1 is also quite good.
I think I'd vote for @Big red123

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wow, that puts the relative dross we've been seeing in perspective, doesn't it? Either team would twat the finalists here.

Stain wins because he doesn't have Ivanovic after the crap game he just had. And BR123 not being able to spell Zubizarreta.

NoPace

I was thinking players who have played in the PL since it's inception in 92 but a PL 14/15 draft would be equally fun.

2 at a time sounds good.

Big red123

Wow, that puts the relative dross we've been seeing in perspective, doesn't it? Either team would twat the finalists here.

Stain wins because he doesn't have Ivanovic after the crap game he just had. And BR123 not being able to spell Zubizarreta.
It was a good attempt