Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Romelo Lukaku

Has an absolutely amazing scoring record for a 16yr old

Beckham007

Cheers for the bump.

Vida was always going to make it, I never had any doubt. Once I saw him for Red Star Belgrade, you could just see he was a class above.

Suedesi, yes definetely a long story, but everybody was a BBC News rep back in those days of the caf, and to this day, you carnts still have no idea :)
Now he has captained United to number 19.

If only I could have had money on that!

:devil:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Flirting by laura actually. She used to encourage it all the time I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Kinell 007. You really got in early on Vida. 2002 ?

Also, its quite remarkable that an image of Heidi Klum that Jens linked to in 2002 is still viewable now.

204Red

Remember those days when we were still debating on how we should sign Djibril Cisse' LoL

Cisse was class before he broke his leg, quite badly if I recall... he would have given us an option we didn't have at the time.

Then again, a fully fit Saha was always a better option.

Funny how often people (inc myself) refer to the 'what if' concept of a "fully fit Saha" on here.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Anyway, back on topic I think Wilshere has to be up there with the top several in contention here.

ricky-romeo

Anyway, back on topic I think Wilshere has to be up there with the top several in contention here.
agree with that..

shame he is not part of the u-21 squad for the euro u-21 finals though..would be interesting to see how he fares against some of the best players of his age level..i know he has done well against much experience players last season but it is always nice to see how much influence he would has playing for the u-21s..

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Kinell 007. You really got in early on Vida. 2002 ?
I actually remember this thread, I tried to find out more about this Nenad guy and concluded he was a myth.

It never in a million years ever occurred to me this was the same guy arriving at United a few years on. Even now opening the thread, I remembered that "hot tip" and thought, whatever happened with this Nenad guy... Red Star... oh wait! :eek:

Skywarden

There's no doubt about Wilshere. Terrific player.

Lukaku will no doubt reach the stars. Pace, power and intelligence packed in a frame heavier than most full-grown men - some of his goals this season takes bullying to new heights.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Bale is at least a credible contender also ... no matter what some Caftards claim re. "over-rated"

letranger0

The most talented young player (defined by me as teenager) in Europe at the moment, for my money, is Mario Götze, both in terms of current ability and future potential. Wilshere I think is the only other player you could make a case for (talking about current ability, for future potential I guess you could make a case for a lot of players).

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Thiago Alacantara, Wilshere and Goatse all have fantastic futures ahead of them.

Skywarden

The most talented young player (defined by me as teenager) in Europe at the moment, for my money, is Mario Götze, both in terms of current ability and future potential. Wilshere I think is the only other player you could make a case for (talking about current ability, for future potential I guess you could make a case for a lot of players).
Would you not agree on Lukaku and his ability as a modern forward?

Sw33t

Smalling to be fair.

Best young CB I can recall, under 21 anyway

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Cisse was class before he broke his leg, quite badly if I recall... he would have given us an option we didn't have at the time.

Then again, a fully fit Saha was always a better option.

Funny how often people (inc myself) refer to the 'what if' concept of a "fully fit Saha" on here.
He moved to FC Bindipper shite, cost him his whole career... His broken leg was also his sarcrifice for them... ( Vs Blackburn )

letranger0

Would you not agree on Lukaku and his ability as a modern forward?
I've only seen him three, maybe four times so I can't be sure but I don't think he is quite up there with Götze, who was one of the top 5-10 players in the Bundesliga this season, and Wilshere, at least in terms of current ability. Perhaps if I watched him more I might think differently, Belgian league matches aren't easy to come by. In terms of future potential I'm sure he is one of several players you could make a case for.

Cold_Boy

Smalling.
Wilshire
Have seen only 2 matches of Gotze and other european youngsters so don't know.

Not really surprising to not see Smallings name not mentioned due to him being a defender.But he is on par with Wilshire imo.

Sw33t

I agree, he's level with Wilshere for his talent in their respective positions.

Funny thing for me is, this time last year we were all banging on about how Evans is the most promising young CB in Europe, now we have Smalling (who's definitely better at the moment, see what Evans is like with new season etc etc) and Jones, who's just had a great season for Blackburn and can hopefully further his talents even more so with us.

United have the most talented young defense in Europe, I don't think anyone can really dispute that. Well, maybe a 'dipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.