The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
This thread keeps going with the same people talking to each other. this is like a private chat or something.

1 - "mourinho should go!"
2 - "yes, it should go!"
1 - "right, he should go"

268 pages later

2 - "you are right. he should go"
1- "right, he should go"

:D

WensleyMU

When you wake up out of you coucou dream in March, April or May. We won’t judge you but just remind you to wear a helmet next time before we give your head a wobble.
At this time of year, some Chinese restaurants may provide you with a free calendar as a gift to aid you in your learning. Use this to your advantage and enjoy a delicious meal, while also learning which month you are in, and which you are not. You could make a game of it, perhaps.

Spurs v City/ United v Everton
Arsenal v Liverpool/ Bournemouth v United
City v United
Spurs v Chelsea/ United v Palace

4 weeks, 4 games, an opportunity to regain some ground while others are guaranteed to lose them. Granted, theres no guarantee that we will win any or all 4, and the City game will be a hell of a task, but should we win all 4 games, we are likely to find ourselves within touching distance of the top 4. This is how quickly things can change in football. I would like to think we can get 10 points from those games.

el3mel

This thread keeps going with the same people talking to each other. this is like a private chat or something.

2 - "yes, it should go!"

268 pages later

1- "right, he should go"

Really surprised some have that willing to go into the same discussions every day. At this point I think everything has been already said either pro or anti but this thread keeps going.

Canagel

2 - "yes, it should go!"

268 pages later

1- "right, he should go"

@Adisa has been the most vocal and outspoken on the subject . Pretty certain no-one has posted more on the thread. :D

fellaini's barber

2 - "yes, it should go!"

268 pages later

1- "right, he should go"

There's also posts like
1 He needs to be able to get his own players
2 We're shit because Woodward didn't get Maguire
3 Players have downed tools, embarrassing etc

Mainoldo

At this time of year, some Chinese restaurants may provide you with a free calendar as a gift to aid you in your learning. Use this to your advantage and enjoy a delicious meal, while also learning which month you are in, and which you are not. You could make a game of it, perhaps.
Was that like a Cantona Seaguls thing? Lool

Spurs v City/ United v Everton
Arsenal v Liverpool/ Bournemouth v United
City v United
Spurs v Chelsea/ United v Palace

4 weeks, 4 games, an opportunity to regain some ground while others are guaranteed to lose them. Granted, theres no guarantee that we will win any or all 4, and the City game will be a hell of a task, but should we win all 4 games, we are likely to find ourselves within touching distance of the top 4. This is how quickly things can change in football. I would like to think we can get 10 points from those games.
We won’t win all those games plus we are like 9th 10th it’s not just those teams we need to catch. Let’s try get back to 7th first.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really surprised some have that willing to go into the same discussions every day. At this point I think everything has been already said either pro or anti but this thread keeps going.
Yeah I really wonder why that's happening.

Patrick08

Mean while , arsenal who dint buy a defender as well, has won 10 in a row and scored more than us and conceded less , shows the impact emery is having on the style of arsenal, while we having better defenders than them keep conceeding goals , as we don't press and try to sit back.

Almost seems as mourinho is trying to show the board the consequences of not buying in the summer by playing a certain way.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mean while , arsenal who dint buy a defender as well, has won 10 in a row and scored more than us and conceded less , shows the impact emery is having on the style of arsenal, while we having better defenders than them keep conceeding goals , as we don't press and try to sit back.

Almost seems as mourinho is trying to show the board the consequences of not buying in the summer by playing a certain way.
They got a new CB

Yup, all the more reasons to laugh at the whole "i haven't been backed in the transfer window". Arsenal were a worse team than us last season and with pretty much the same personnel they are much better
Yep people have subscribed to Joses nonsense

flappyjay

2 - "yes, it should go!"

268 pages later

1- "right, he should go"

:lol:

Patrick08

Yup, all the more reasons to laugh at the whole "i haven't been backed in the transfer window". Arsenal were a worse team than us last season and with pretty much the same personnel they are much better
Yep people have subscribed to Joses nonsense
Which was exactly my point. Although our Cb continent could be improved for highest honours , the dross we have served up til now isn't due to the fact that we haven't brought one in. He is holding us back.

To be fair,Emery has gone into Arsenal and tweaked a few things. People talking as if he's the second coming need to tone it down a tad.Arsenal have always played good football and under Emery its no different.
What Arsenal need to be credited for,though,is the fact that they clearly have a playing style they want to be continually associated with.So,smartly,they bring in the right coaches.
That's the complete opposite to United who've gone down the route of 3 similarly reactive managers,not pro-active.

We can talk about how much of a failure Moyes,LVG and Jose have been and the insane amounts of money the 3 have spent (to be fair,Arsenal have spent a fair amount recently too) but the issue once again comes down to our owners/CEO who are picking these guys.

We dont have forward thinking coaches and nor do we have a forward thinking management.I dont know which is worse.Arguably the later.

Robbie Boy

Says the poster with the second most posts in said thread :lol:

WensleyMU

Which was exactly my point. Although our Cb continent could be improved for highest honours , the dross we have served up til now isn't due to the fact that we haven't brought one in. He is holding us back.
I can only assume you haven't seen our games against Brighton and Spurs, where the defence was absolutely at fault for the goals shipped.

Or any of Pogbas numerous mistakes this season that have lead directly to goals.

This idea that our defence isn't directly responsible for at least 7 of the points, arguable 9 dropped is laughable. Take the Chelsea game, where you can argue that the defences failure to clear the ball cost us 2 extra points. You are telling me if a better defender who marshalls the defence wouldn't have had that ball in row Z? Or that the Wolves player would have walked through out back line after Pogba gets dispossessed?

It just doesn't hold up.

A better defence, and even with our stuttering attack, the 16 goals we have shipped drops significantly. We potentially take maximum points against Brighton, Wolves and Chelsea, and a draw with Spurs. 7 or 8 of these goals here were directly due to defensive mistakes. Better defenders don't make those mistakes or are able to cover for those that do.

Awaits "but but he's bought 2 CB already" posts

klsv

Hope we don't fall for it again by extending his contract.

It is complete bullshit. He just said he's happy here in response of the Real rumours, he was hardly going to say he can't wait til he can leave after the end of the contract. I doubt we're in talks for an extension, especially as we have an optiom to trigger one more year and I doubt he expects any talks at the moment either.

el3mel

I don't think the Madrid rumors are nonsense. Despite his problems with some players ( who most them are gone I believe, except Ramos ), I remember reading before actually that Perez liked him a lot and when Mourinho was asked aboit wanting a Madrid player in his first season here, he said he has great relationship with Perez so yes I fully expect Perez to want him gone.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

It's perfect for Jose, Madrid and us. He gets a ready made top team where he has to discipline rather than build (relatively speaking). Madrid get a manager with pedigree who knows the place and can command respect. We get rid of Mourinho.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I can only assume you haven't seen our games against Brighton and Spurs, where the defence was absolutely at fault for the goals shipped.

Or any of Pogbas numerous mistakes this season that have lead directly to goals.

This idea that our defence isn't directly responsible for at least 7 of the points, arguable 9 dropped is laughable. Take the Chelsea game, where you can argue that the defences failure to clear the ball cost us 2 extra points. You are telling me if a better defender who marshalls the defence wouldn't have had that ball in row Z? Or that the Wolves player would have walked through out back line after Pogba gets dispossessed?

It just doesn't hold up.

A better defence, and even with our stuttering attack, the 16 goals we have shipped drops significantly. We potentially take maximum points against Brighton, Wolves and Chelsea, and a draw with Spurs. 7 or 8 of these goals here were directly due to defensive mistakes. Better defenders don't make those mistakes or are able to cover for those that do.

Awaits "but but he's bought 2 CB already" posts
We had the second best defensive record in the league last season with this exact group. We have already conceded more than half last year's tally in just 9 games. That's ridiculous no matter what way you look at it.

Anyways, I've come to accept that Mourinho isn't going nowhere u til at least the end of the season so just want the team to kick on now tbh. Hoping for a good performance tonight, or else we are gonna get spanked.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's perfect for Jose, Madrid and us. He gets a ready made top team where he has to discipline rather than build (relatively speaking). Madrid get a manager with pedigree who knows the place and can command respect. We get rid of Mourinho.
That sounds great and everything but hasn't Jose already squashed the idea of returning to Madrid?

He is actively seeking an extension to his current contract with United, if rumours are to be believed of course.

FrantikChicken

The part you're missing, and many people don't seem to get, is that Mourinho is a winner and will do absolutely anything to succeed. His current goal is to succeed with Manchester United. There's no way in hell he's leaving here unless the club decides to let him go. This is not a guy that will give up halfway through a project.

amolbhatia50k

The part you're missing, and many people don't seem to get, is that Mourinho is a winner and will do absolutely anything to succeed. His current goal is to succeed with Manchester United. There's no way in hell he's leaving here unless the club decides to let him go. This is not a guy that will give up halfway through a project.
You're right that he's probably not likely to walk away.

However let's not harp on about the winner bit. Right now, regardless of what he's won in the past, he's not winning. In fact many would argue he's failing. Good football will win us trophies not merely people supposedly being special winners with a seemingly guranteed walkoveer to success.

And the "absolutely everything" I presume includes signing mega flops like Sanchez to replace young shining stars like Martial. Or signing players who he subequently doesn't rate or who regress under him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
When do we get to the winning then?

WensleyMU

We had the second best defensive record in the league last season with this exact group. We have already conceded more than half last year's tally in just 9 games. That's ridiculous no matter what way you look at it.

Anyways, I've come to accept that Mourinho isn't going nowhere u til at least the end of the season so just want the team to kick on now tbh. Hoping for a good performance tonight, or else we are gonna get spanked.
A combination of playing within ourselves to protect the defence and Dave in goal contributed to this more so than the quality of our defenders.

You're right that he's probably not likely to walk away.

However let's not harp on about the winner bit. Right now, regardless of what he's won in the past, he's not winning. In fact many would argue he's failing. Good football will win us trophies not merely people supposedly being special winners with a seemingly guranteed walkoveer to success.

And the "absolutely everything" I presume includes signing mega flops like Sanchez to replace young shining stars like Martial. Or signing players who he subequently doesn't rate or who regress under him.
So, in 2016, when Pep won nothing, ziltch, naff all... He ceased to be a winner?

I've got absolutely no idea what that makes Klopp then, a serial failure?

amolbhatia50k

A combination of playing within ourselves to protect the defence and Dave in goal contributed to this more so than the quality of our defenders.

So, in 2016, when Pep won nothing, ziltch, naff all... He ceased to be a winner?

I've got absolutely no idea what that makes Klopp then, a serial failure?
You're the one applying this arbitrary label. Keep holding on to his past glories I suppose. LVG was a "winner" too. That got us really far.

Pep didn't win the league one year - his supposed transition year. He has been a huge success at City. Klopp has done a very good job at Liverpool but if he's spending around what we and City do, then he has to show trophies for it. He certainly can't hide behind league titles in Germany 5 years back because.. winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.