The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Obviously no way to know for sure but there's also Rooney on the left wide open to pass in to and he takes the shot on anyway. Could easily be what Fergie's flipping out over (given Ronaldo's issues with decision making at times).
Ronaldo is more experienced and he’s the type of character who could handle it at that stage of his career. Fergie knew he could do that with him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think this was officially the first time the poll has gone up after a win. Might be wrong but is there any way of verifying that?

Kammy26

"So should every manager".

That's where you went wrong.

Have a look at both Klopp and Guardiola's record at both signing players and improving players. If you're really honest with yourself, Mourinho has been crap in comparison on both accounts. Not to mention the actual team /cohesion building that he's struggled at where those managers have excelled.

It's fine and dandy for you to have patience and back the manager but you're not really calling a spade a spade there.

And let's stop pretending this is the 80s. We're a enormous club today with huge resources to back our managers. It isn't the same as SAF who genuinely had to build/rebuild a great club.

We may have huge resources and we are still a massive club. The next manager is going to have to rebuild.
This shit is doing the rounds, by the Jose apologists:

What they fail to mention is that SAF is angry because he knows Ronaldo is much better than that & has let himself down with a poor shot.

Jose is doing a 'I knew you were shit and you just proved it' shake of the head.
I want Mourinho gone, but there is nothing wrong with the reaction from him last night. I have seen managers do worse when players have missed opportunities, including sir Alex.

Rashford just gets to much slack from the media he’s the English darling. It’s ridiculous. Mourinho is probably as fed up with Rashford as we are.

The above video probably helped Ronaldo he thrives on criticism always has, Rashford is just blaaaaa I don’t even have words.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not bothered by the touchline stuff. In the heat of the moment, a man under pressure can react. I have a bigger problem with the "I quality 14 times for CL group stage" I've heard he apparently said. feck off. Stop flaunting your past achievements when you're doing a terrible job.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't know why he keeps bringing up his old records as some kind of vindication against any criticism. Well no one is suggesting he wasn't a great manager before but if he keeps pointing to the past he only reinforces the belief that he is still living there and out of touch with what's happening today.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
What. That at least he seems desperate for success and glory here. For some reason things are not working out for him, but he does give a damn. I'm sure Mou would give at least one finger of his left hand to win the UCL this season.
Not for us.

It's always been about him. His comments throughout the season prove that. And he simply isn't good enough to win that anymore.

His last chance was at Madrid.

K2K

I don't know why he keeps bringing up his old records as some kind of vindication against any criticism. Well no one is suggesting he wasn't a great manager before but if he keeps pointing to the past he only reinforces the belief that he is still living there and out of touch with what's happening today.
The irony of it is that he basically criticised Wenger for being past it and now he lives off past glories.

BarstoolProphet

I never bother skipping work or family time to watch United anymore. The first time in over 30 years I’ve regularly missed games. Mourinho has just sucked the marrow out of everything I love about watching my team.

His football, public comments, man management, and behaviour are a complete embarrassment. I cannot wait for him to leave. I have never detested a manager as much as him. This season is a complete write off until he is sacked.
I'm the same. He's an insult to our club with his behaviour, add to that being one of the worst managers in the top leagues.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Tbf, you can say that for basically most professionals. One club men like Ferguson would maybe be the exceptions.

If the coach wins --> the club wins.
you can but it wasn't really my argument. Mourinho doesn't give a shit about Utd, like that poster suggested.

K2K

Tbf, you can say that for basically most professionals. One club men like Ferguson would maybe be the exceptions.

If the coach wins --> the club wins.
Difference with Jose is that if we win..its him. But at times of defeat, he is not afraid to throw others under the bus. You can't expect to build winning morale when you behave like that.

Jose wasn't always like this though. Something changed with him at Madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We may have huge resources and we are still a massive club. The next manager is going to have to rebuild.

I want Mourinho gone, but there is nothing wrong with the reaction from him last night. I have seen managers do worse when players have missed opportunities, including sir Alex.

Rashford just gets to much slack from the media he’s the English darling. It’s ridiculous. Mourinho is probably as fed up with Rashford as we are.

The above video probably helped Ronaldo he thrives on criticism always has, Rashford is just blaaaaa I don’t even have words.
It's more a combination of things.

His comments pre game saying "you want Rashford to play so he plays".

Then his actions are clearly on purpose. He doesn't just shake his head or be like "oh come on you had to score", it's more the way he turns around and gesticulates to the crowd like "see this is what happens when I play Rashford as a striker, he doesn't score". He's already criticised Rashford many times for his finishing, and while it does need work things like won't help. He's a young player and they need encouragement not extra pressure.

SirAF

Ageist
you can but it wasn't really my argument. Mourinho doesn't give a shit about Utd, like that poster suggested.
I agree, but he's not paid to give a shit, he's paid to win. (Which he is not doing so that's why his time must be up, yes I agree about that before there will be an explosion of notifications!)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I agree, but he's not paid to give a shit, he's paid to win. (Which he is not doing so that's why his time must be up, yes I agree about that before there will be an explosion of notifications!)
of course, though one could argue that a big part of the reason he's not winning is because of the fact that he doesn't seem to give as much of a shit as he used to or have the same aura around him anymore. the two go hand in hand. look how passionate and positive Pep, Poch, and Klopp are in comparison, that has a big effect on fans and players. Mourinho being a broody, self-serving tosser in public is causing damage.

SirAF

Ageist
of course, though one could argue that a big part of the reason he's not winning is because of the fact that he doesn't seem to give as much of a shit as he used to or have the same aura around him anymore. the two go hand in hand. look how passionate and positive Pep, Poch, and Klopp are in comparison, that has a big effect on fans and players. Mourinho being a broody, self-serving tosser in public is causing damage.
Fair enough.

Anna Landrum

I would be happy if he stays because this to happen will mean that the season is a least positive ( a trophy or two). Jose to stay will also mean that we will have a much stronger team next season. In the other hand if he leaves and we appoint somebody else (for ex. Zidane :D) the team will need at least one more year to lead the league again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I agree. Pep is much worse. Goes mental if someone is caught offside or loses possession.

Kapardin

Pretty ridiculous to slate Mourinho for shaking his head at Rashford. If you ask me, its' a wonder he didn't receive a bollocking from the manager.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool
Utd will still get top 4 with if Jose is booted out now. Problem is the ownership are cutting their nose to spite their face.
It does not matter what the size of the compensation package is. it will hurt UTd more financially in the long run to keep Jose on.

The argument their is no obvious replacement is not true either. FFS, it does not matter whether Nicky Butt or Joe Bloggs gets the job short term.
Utd will get a massive boost in confidence , the ugly black cloud in the dressing room would be lifted and I can see scenes of outright jubilation in that dressing room once he is fired.

If Utd have the bottle to fire him soon, i can see whomever Utd face first at the receiving end of a 5-6 goal ( royal) spanking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas

Open to offers
I find it properly embarrassing people stating like fact exactly what Jose meant when he shook his head. Again, why are people making stuff up to bash Jose when we've got enough facts do it? It's so weird.

arthurka

Gutting an injury time winner against swiss minnows at home,what a masterclass. We're back! #JoseIn

Not really looking forward to getting smacked down by a legitimate side in the Rof16...
Reminiscent of our greatest comeback ever vs free scoring Newcastle. He needs to go sooner rather than later.

Mike 777

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty ridiculous to slate Mourinho for shaking his head at Rashford. If you ask me, its' a wonder he didn't receive a bollocking from the manager.
Absolutely.

For all his faults, that was a completely normal reaction. I have done far worse when Salah misses an chance like that !

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Is it just me, or do people keep changing their vote? We win a couple of games and the "Mourinho out" drops to under 70%. Then we lose a couple or need a last minute winner against a minnow and it's almost at 72%.

Status
Not open for further replies.