The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya826

I've already explained in previous posts. I have no interest in repeating, particularly to you.
I think you have a habit of assuming too much, it wasn't a question I expected an answer of, especially from you. Those questions were rhetorical. But who am I trying to school about 'getting the point'?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Seeing people, chelsea fans especially praising Hazard in his thread had me thinking and chuckling about those memories of Mourinho managing to turn Chelsea fans against the guy.

One thing he has is this ability to spout out these rethorics which just easily blend well with fans credulity. The guy can convince people of anything. He managed to convince a section of Chelsea fans that Hazard, Cesc, Costa were the problem. He's done the same here as well and on multiple occasions.

It's gone from Shaw, Martial and now Pogba. Somehow he has kept convincing people that these guys are shit and he's the infallible and blameless component in all these troublesome moments at our club.

Oldyella

What's with all the Pogba talk? Is he now to blame for Mourinho car crash of a tenure here?
Jose has cleverly turned it into a popularity competition between him and Pogba. So any of us who were sick of him anyway seem to be accused of being Pogba fan boys.

Robbie Boy

The Sevilla game pissed me off no end because it just seemed like we had very little preparation and we under estimated a decent team. But I was willing to give him time given he had made decent signings and we were at least getting results despite playing shite football. Now the results are starting to disappear I don't see any reason to keep him frankly. Why would we? Bad football, bad results and he's a dick (our dick, but he's still a dick).

I'm generally struggling to find a positive reason right now. Even history isn't on his side, he's never turned around situations like this and always get sacked. So... we keep him because he's improved our results in the last two seasons and won us two trophies? We assume the 2018 form is simply a blip? That our attackers will all suddenly find form and start working together again or are we resting all our hope on Carrick and McKenna?
I agree with all of this and have echoed similar sentiments in the thread. After the Seville game, I found it pretty justifiable that some wanted him gone but I had faith, that after the summer, he would have a team in his mould and we would start playing much better stuff. The actual Seville game (both ties) were absolutely awful games for us, we played horrid stuff and yeah, we seemed ill-prepared and directionless. But looking directionless as a team on the pitch has become a common occurrence, unfortunately. All of this is happening, while plenty of our rivals are showing huge signs of progression. It's an incredibly frustrating time and I can't see how his backers are taking any positives whatsoever.

Again, I agree. He has never once shown before that he is capable of turning around a situation when so much adversity has been created. The cracks were starting to appear last season but I feel we've become a more dysfunctional mess both on and off the pitch since then. If I had an inkling of hope that he could turn us around, then fine, but there are literally no signs of it happening and that's why I feel he needs to go. I do feel unfortunately that things will get a whole lot worse before he is removed.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think you have a habit of assuming too much, it wasn't a question I expected an answer of, especially from you. Those questions were rhetorical. But who am I trying to school about 'getting the point'?
You clearly didn't understand his point in the press conference and were busy taking it in a literal sense of form. The discussion about Sevilla is lost on you.

Yes they certainly were and how anyone can say otherwise is completely beyond me. Still though, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and only started wanting him out recently.
I think the spurs game last season was enough for me

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What's with all the Pogba talk? Is he now to blame for Mourinho car crash of a tenure here?
Has anyone said that?
Yep, turns out Pogba was the mastermind for our tumescent football and us being soul crushingly dull, even though he's one of the most entertaining players we have. What a weird world.
Why is it when it comes to bashing Jose there's absolutely no mitigating circumstances whatsoeve

Are people saying he is the singular season why we are struggling? Or maybe, just maybe he is contributing to our present issues? To pretend Pogbas comments and behaviour has been anything but damage to our campaign thus far is laughable.

simplyared

If you expected him to beat City's tally of 101 points when he took over a far inferior squad to City's, then spent less than City, how do you expect a worse squad plus worse investment to perform better than the team with a better squad and better investment?

Incredible what some fans expect instantly. Spoilt. Get real, when we spend the most in the PL for about 5 years running (a la City), we'll be expected to be the best team in the league.

Within 2 years:
  1. He's improved every area of our team. Like it or not, he has. We have a better attack (Zlatan followed by Lukaku, two strikers who hit neary 30 per season are worlds better than Rooney), a better midfield (Fred, Pogba, Matic are worlds better than Schneiderlain, Schweinsteiger and Herrera), our defence whilst going through a bad patch, was incredibly strong last season (DDG got a record number of clean sheets).
  2. He's improved our league status, 2nd place last season ahead of everyone apart from record breaking City
  3. He's won 3 trophies in 2 years
Not an amazing job done, but a decent 2 years progress.
So you're heaping praise on him for what he's achieved so far. I would dissagree with that considering how so many players have underachieved since coming under his wing. Examples: Lukaku, Sanchez, Pogba, Bailly. Martial is performing worse under him than under VG. He's failed to develop Rashford further in his career. Lindelöv is a big mistake imo as many (incl Rio) would go along with.
Looking ahead, how do you see him turning this ongoing negative trend around? Because I'm finding it difficult, looking at his recent history, how that is possible.
The meltdown has begun it's there to be seen. Chelsea has already been mentioned. The longer they kept him the worse it became and the lower they plunged in the PL. Should we risk that happen to us? RM got rid when the rot started to set in and after he'd fallen out with Ramos, Casillas and Ronaldo. Two of these were brilliant for the club after he'd gone.
We should do the same!

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Has anyone said that?

Why is it when it comes to bashing Jose there's absolutely no mitigating circumstances whatsoeve

Are people saying he is the singular season why we are struggling? Or maybe, just maybe he is contributing to our present issues? To pretend Pogbas comments and behaviour has been anything but damage to our campaign thus far is laughable.
I see it as a very collective blame with a huge amount of blame portioned to Mourinho. Anyone saying it's just Mourinho is wrong as there's far more to it, but I feel he certainly has to take some accountability and he has to go.

Fracture90

Wenger also year on year made the squad worse, the league finishes worse, and refused to invest heavily in the squad until it's too late.

Mourinho has taken us from 5th to 2nd, and dramatically improved our squad. Comparing the two is a joke.

If Mourinho took over Bayern Munich he would have won many more titles, if he took over Celtic he would have won many more. Your argument is flawed. He took over a very broken United knowing the size of the job. He could have easily took a job like PSG or the like and racked up more titles.
We finished 6th in his first year ,right?

Teams like Bayern Munich don't just go around picking the managers just based on their CV, they take everything into consideration, style of football, managers temper, how he conducts himself, manners, off pitch behaviour etc. I'm sure Mourinho would be delighted at the prospect of managing Bayern, like he was at the prospect of managing Barcelona back in 2008, just like Barca back then, don't think Bayern would hire him.

It's getting embarrassing mate. I see a section of spoilt brats demanding we win everything immediately, and a HUUUUUGE divide followed by realistic fans who can see the situation for what it is.
If you've been following you'd know people want to enjoy football and watching us play.

Why? We overachieved by finishing 2nd last season, our squad isn't the 2nd best in the PL. If you are delusional enough to think it is, then you need to change sports.

Secondly, the very next rival to us, Liverpool significantly improved their squad, spending bucketloads, City strengthened, Chelsea strengthened, Spurs already have a superior XI to us, so for you to be SO SHOCKED to see United struggling for top 4 is laughable. There are 5 very good teams and managers, and some United fans throw all their toys out of the prams at the first sign of danger. I've no time for that kind of fan.
Liverpool had to sell their best player (Coutinho) in order to reinforce the team in other areas tho still he didn't spend more than Mourinho in total, Guardiola for all he's spent he actually improved a lot of his players, whilst Poch has improved his entire squad without spending hundreds of millions.

Fracture90

I did. You clearly didn't get the point he made.
Because he was tactically trying to avoid unnecessary pressure on him or his team and gave the press something contraversial to write about instead. A lot of people, like yourself want to believe every word of his and get upset when he isn't positive of doesn't call Man Utd the temple of football.

Go look at the results we had after Sevilla. Youl find it worked.
You clearly didn't understand his point in the press conference and were busy taking it in a literal sense of form. The discussion about Sevilla is lost on you.
You're just a gift that keeps on giving dude.

As it stands that point he was trying to make, as you say he was trying to protect players, even tho he never had issues with throwing the players under the bus prior to that, that point appears to be unable to be understood by anyone other than Mourinho himself and his cultists.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I see it as a very collective blame with a huge amount of blame portioned to Mourinho. Anyone saying it's just Mourinho is wrong as there's far more to it, but I feel he certainly has to take some accountability and he has to go.
And that's a perfectly fine, balanced view of it. That's not what was contained in those posts I quoted, however.

Drz

I don't mean that at all

what I mean is that we are a proud and loyal bunch especially in the stadium

a bit like being 3-0 down to Scousers at home under Moyes and the fans sang 20 times 20 times relentlessly over the last 15 mins to drown out the scousers
Isn't that called living in denial?

Renegade

So many on here saw this kind of season coming with his pre season negativity. Crazy how he put me his players on blast and then needs those same players to perform for him to keep his job.
How many of his signings have been a success? Why is that? Why is Sánchez undroppable yet Martial has to play 10/10 to keep a spot? His management is all over the place. How the hell is he meant to recover this without needing to spend another 400m?
We have a £200m centre midfield excluding Felliani £27m & Herrera £25m and a £75m Striker up front! Why are we so bad?

Ban

I didn't find anything special with Sevilla press conference. I hope I won't get shot.

Fujiland

Why? We overachieved by finishing 2nd last season, our squad isn't the 2nd best in the PL. If you are delusional enough to think it is, then you need to change sports.

Secondly, the very next rival to us, Liverpool significantly improved their squad, spending bucketloads, City strengthened, Chelsea strengthened, Spurs already have a superior XI to us, so for you to be SO SHOCKED to see United struggling for top 4 is laughable. There are 5 very good teams and managers, and some United fans throw all their toys out of the prams at the first sign of danger. I've no time for that kind of fan.
Wow, after spent $400M, you are saying getting 2nd last season was over achievement? what a great endorsement to Mourinho.

You brought up Liverpool, who did they have last season? Milner, Henderson, Arsenal cast-off ox chamberlain, mignolet, Lovern. looked at their starting 11 and our squad at the beginning of the last season (before Salah became Salah, Firmino became Firmino), anyone with little bit logic or IQ going to say our squad was a level better than theirs. But their coach made the team better.

I am sorry, I don't know why this thread has 108 pages. it is very simple: 1) He did not improve the players or team for the money spent on him and players; 2) He did not show signs of controlling his ego; and put himself above the club again and again. Therefore he should be sacked.

Don't bring up the next coach discussion, that is another issue we will deal later. but right now we deal this problem first.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're just a gift that keeps on giving dude.

As it stands that point he was trying to make, as you say he was trying to protect players, even tho he never had issues with throwing the players under the bus prior to that, that point appears to be unable to be understood by anyone other than Mourinho himself and his cultists.
I'm only talking about the sevilla press conference. He refused to throw players under the bus on that occasion and gave the press a contraversial story to write about instead.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...d-tearful-manchester-united-players-l327cwbx5

Fracture90

I'm only talking about the sevilla press conference. He refused to throw players under the bus on that occasion and gave the press a contraversial story to write about instead.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...d-tearful-manchester-united-players-l327cwbx5
This is just next level mental gymnastics dude.

You're aware that people were slamming Mourinho for his cowardly tactics against Sevilla, right? Players didn't get nearly as much slack as he did, and that's why he was waving his CV and rubbing in his past success against us to prove he ain't shiit.

Why would he be playing 8D chess to save players from criticism when it was obvious to everyone and their socks it was on Mourinho, because in 2 games against we didn't even have 5 shoots on goal and all because of his uber defensive approach in that match.

Fracture90

:lol:

God I used to laugh at that face when he wasn't our manager :lol:
He actually said that they (Sevilla) were good at holding the ball and hiding it from us…

Well Jose that happens when you have your team just sitting back on your half never ever bothering to press a bit for a change.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is just next level mental gymnastics dude.

You're aware that people were slamming Mourinho for his cowardly tactics against Sevilla, right? Players didn't get nearly as much slack as he did, and that's why he was waving his CV and rubbing in his past success against us to prove he ain't shiit.

Why would he be playing 8D chess to save players from criticism when it was obvious to everyone and their socks it was on Mourinho, because in 2 games against we didn't even have 5 shoots on goal and all because of his uber defensive approach in that match.
What is the point you're trying to make? I find your posts tiresome. I've explained to you that he deflected from the performance by talking about himself. Its not next level gymnastics, its actually a common tactic.

Although going by your inability to understand it probably is next level gymnastics.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think this poster has always been a bit butt hurt that Jose took LVGs job and the knives have been out since day one. Probably one of them numpties that hailed LVG for inventing the back 3 (see the name) or said LVG would lay the foundations for success by the next manager :lol:
So so true! You know me very well. Whilst I assume you were the type of fan that assumed Jose was the key to success at United & also the best guy to take over from. LVG :lol:

oops :(

nickm

Jose has cleverly turned it into a popularity competition between him and Pogba. So any of us who were sick of him anyway seem to be accused of being Pogba fan boys.
Let me guess - you've never managed anyone?

fellaini's barber

Ssssh! People on this thread don't want to hear this - they just want want to have a hysterical cry-wank about Mourinho and absolve anybody else of any blame whatsoever.
Sorry, how on earth is Pogba an immediate problem for us right now? Yes he's been acting like a spoilt brat at times and yes we might even sell him next season but what the feck do you think we should do now? Sell Pogba first because he's at fault for our shit football for the past 2 seasons? If we sell him as you seen to want us to so desperately our our problems will be solved?

Rajma

What is the point you're trying to make? I find your posts tiresome. I've explained to you that he deflected from the performance by talking about himself. Its not next level gymnastics, its actually a common tactic.

Although going by your inability to understand it probably is next level gymnastics.
Wow, the level of naivety with this one is strong.:lol: He was deflating the heat from the players with that speach, I have heard it all now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.