The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

On the plus side at least the best suite at the Lowry will be back available in time for Christmas

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I often judge a manager based on how rival fans see them. Rival fans were shit scared of Fergie & were overjoyed when he retired. Look at how they see Jose, it's the same as we were with Wenger by the end. City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc fans, they want us to keep Mourinho.

It's time to cut our losses. Carrick til the end of the season. Even if we're still shit, the football couldn't possibly be worse.

This "no player is bigger than the manager" works with Fergie, a man who had spent over 2 decades with us & brought us domestic domination. I'm sure Real Madrid fans are happy they didn't sell Ronaldo, Ramos & the rest to keep this clown though.

Crustanoid

Are we going to have to put up with this crap for a whole year until our woeful board get the guts to sack him?

Bestofthebest

I am just nipping out to the bookies. They are offering 40/1 on United getting relegated this season. Might as well try to make something out of this season because the team are sure as hell not going to achieve anything. This football is worse or at least as bad as Moyes or LvG produced and they had inferior players. Time for Jose to jump or be pushed.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I hate that United won't sack him until it is too late to save our season.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Can just imagine the inspirational rallying cry in the dressing room right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As long as we have pseudo supporters who only care about Jose and refuse to acknowledge what’s happening on the pitch I can’t see us sacking him without a proper message from the fans who won’t take this shit no longer.
His reputation will buy him time. Then he'll get sacked anyway.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even though I think Woody hasn't helped the team, I believe today has seen the end of support for Jose. Needlessly boring formation, no direction from midfield, just awful tactics.
Can blame the players of course, but these tactics just don't suit the club oreven the players. Enough , off with his head.
Woody not backing financially would be a good point if most of his signings, were actually doing well. Who is actually performing consistently well of all the players he's bought ??? None

reddevil80

Your opinion is affected by what Jose says and how he is as a person, that to me is not rational. I know you don't like his football either but we're 6 games in to the season. We would probably had to have lost 5 out of those for him to be sacked now.

If we're still this bad in two months than I'll be happy to see him leave. When I say bad, I mean result wise not how entertaining we are. Couldn't care less about that.
If you are a true utd fan, could you honestly say that you are happy with how things have developed over the last couple of years? I (and dare I say thousands of other fans) am not! Can you honestly watch the yo-yoing for the club for another two months? Man Utd are rapidly declining and, IMHO, JM is the problem. Pay his exit fee and get rid before we "aim for top 7". 2 more months cannot be an option.

The Real Treble 99

These players are a disgrace to the club. Most of them playing like they don’t care & it's sad. They’re disrespecting the manager the club the shirt & most important of all the fans. Wish I could unleash Keano on these lot!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The players are gutless pussies. Not an excuse, just the truth.
I do agree. I think a lot of people will be extremely disappointed when a new manager comes in and doesn't bring us back to the top, exactly because of what you pointed out.

But today Jose's team selection is atrocious, it has to be said. No energy in midfield, playing McTominay in a back 3 when he's already got Fellaini in the side.

Raw

Jose has set us up in 3 seperate systems at various points in the season and none of which have seen us look like a competent, desisive and ultimately winning football team.

Clearly, he is done.
To be doing that in his 3rd season too. He's fecking clueless.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He is a goner. Was supporting him till a few weeks back, but it seems he has completely lost it now. The team he put out today was just mind boggling.
He wants the sack. A big payoff, and away from this mess he created.

ash_86

I wanted him to succeed but he's clearly lost the dressing room. Ed, get it doen with.

Ekeke

Finishing 2nd was Mourinho's saving grace last season. We were terrible to watch but we got enough points to finish behind City

Now we're freefalling and the lowest placed of the better clubs in the league.

I don't know what the upside of Mourinho is.

Odoi

At this point its about saving the club. Get this fraud out now.

Last edited by a moderator:

finneh

Lukaku, Matic, Pogba, Lindelof were brought by him. McTominay, Fellaini are his favourites. DDG is the world's best GK. That's 7/11. He built this team, and after two and half seasons, our only tactic away to West fecking Ham is to sit deep and hoof. It's pathetic beyond belief.
Unfortunately I agree with this. We also have Bailly & Fred on the bench, as well as Sanchez not selected.

The players are a joke but they're his players. Likewise it's his job to sort out their pathetic attitude.

amolbhatia50k

8 at the back against West Ham and he'll probably will still blame Pogba and Martial for not giving 100%
Lukaku should have scored. That's why we lost.

Not because we have no cohesion, play cowardly football and somehow get outplayed by bang average teams.

The Firestarter

Sack him in the evening,
Sack him in the morning,
But whenever you decide to sack him mate,
It will always be fecking late!

I've never seen any winning team which run so less like this team. Players on the field are so passive, this United really break fans heart

Last edited by a moderator:

Castia

9 players trying to defend on the edge of our box and they still score.

fecking dinosaur stuff this, the state of this fecking club at the moment.

amolbhatia50k

Woody not backing financially would be a good point if most of his signings, were actually doing well. Who is actually performing consistently well of all the players he's bought ??? None
Look at Pogba. He looks a shadow of his Juventus/France self. Martial was thrice as good under LVG. The whole thing is becoming a complete mess. We need a change and we need a lift.

Even though I think Woody hasn't helped the team, I believe today has seen the end of support for Jose. Needlessly boring formation, no direction from midfield, just awful tactics.
Can blame the players of course, but these tactics just don't suit the club oreven the players. Enough , off with his head.
Yup. Lost my support today, even if we magically turn it around.

Tactics have become a shambles, he simply doesn’t have the side to give up so much of the pitch and possesion. He’s had plenty of time & money to either get the players that work in his system or change the fecking system so we play on the front foot. Done neither.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The squad all needs to be sold, they're all clearly sucking Pogba off and don't deserve to play for us. Part of me wishes Jose digs in, makes it to January.. sell that wannabe gansta to Barca along with his brother from another mother Martial and we can start to instil some fighting spirit back into the squad. First thing we need to do is get in Willian to sort out that right flank and throw whatever money it takes at Inter to get Perisic, so we finally get some proper width and support to Lukaku.

I think we also need a new centre back, Maguire is looking like a no brainer to shore things up. If we get them three in - we will finish top 4 and in the summer, I'd bin everyone bar De Gea and let Jose build his own team without restrictions. It has been a shitshow, him having to deal with bad purchases by Moyes/LVG and not being allowed to get rid of them.

Stay strong Jose, the real United fans are with you mate.
So much nonsense.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guys, those of us who don’t want Mourinho here (and those who were laughed at despite being completely right) have our own thread to complain about Mourinho.

Leave this thread to people who still think Jose Mourinho is still the right manager. Despite how abhorrent some of us find his behaviour, people who have wanted Mourinho here for years deserve somewhere to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.