The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’m no longer vehemently pro-Mourinho and more open to the idea of replacing him now, but unless we have a cast iron permanent replacement lined up, what is the point? Putting a caretaker in place would be utter lunacy on our part.

Would Zidane be a viable option for us? Would he be enticed to work here?

Amir

My only gripe is who would we replace him with mid-season? I'll be honest I'm not so keen on Zidane, wonder if we'd give it to McKenna/Carrick in an interim capacity.
You can bring a gym teacher who'll tell the lads to go out and have fun - and it will be far better.

rampo

The fact of the matter is the buck always stops at the manager. He must take full responsibility for our performances on the pitch and they are simply not up to the standard required.

Jose has to go asap if we are to get anything from this season.
True. I simply can't see Jose turning it around. Players seem to have stopped playing for him.

This third season syndrome turning out real for United is so sad. It so depressing to see my club like this

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Voted not yet needs more time a few weeks ago. Time has been time has gone. We are a club in freefall at the moment with nothing bonding it together. Pogba, Mourhinio both as much to blame for this current shambles. Open warfare between player and manager is not doing anybody any good. Before Pogba gets the blame today is playing 3 or 5 at the back the best way to get anything out of him. Is playing 3 or 5 at the back the way Utd should be playing ??? Is it ****

We are in a world of pain. No club worth its salt with a decent manager will allow him to leave mid-season. You are then left with a national team coach to come in or somebody like Zidane. While Zidane maybe the wet dream for some, I'm not buying it

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Jose turns to Woodward after the game, "I told you we should have signed Arnautovic"

Minimalist

Third season syndrome a myth eh?
One of the most stupid narratives I've seen recently that shite about Mourinho not typically falling apart eventually.

Madrid broke him. It's a fact. One piss easy PL title win with Chelsea doesn't change it. Put it in the history books.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I think I'm crossing over to the Mourinho out camp, on course for the joint worst Premier League start
Yeap same,its sad what we have become under him,No reaction from the loss during the week,lethargic and terrible to watch.
Only a matter of time before a sack watch thread is opened up as the writing is on the wall for him now.

el3mel

Not sure, Jose's Chelsea played well enough in the CL during the 15/16 season. Cup games are different gravy, these players might be arsed for them.
They had a very easy group. Porto, Dynamo Kiv and Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Darlington Padgett

Do you think he wants to get sacked right now to get that compensation Money? That team selection might indicate he's doing that.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I agree, the team today is ridiculous.

But anyone who thinks that changing our manager to any other manager is the right move is wrong IMO. We need to keep Mourinho until at least 2021 and just let him sort out the post-Fergie mess. I don’t trust anyone more than him to get us into a new phase of our history.
:lol: I hope this is meant as an irony because I don't believe there is a serious person who would want us to be relegated this season. FFS stop doing drugs or wake up

r0663664

Worships Man City
Jose's time is up. Maybe Alex can be the caretaker manager until end of this season. I think he is the only person to stop this shit.

Amir

I’m no longer vehemently pro-Mourinho and more open to the idea of replacing him now, but unless we have a cast iron permanent replacement lined up, what is the point? Putting a caretaker in place would be utter lunacy on our part.
Why? The performances are horrible, the results are bad, and just as importantly - the atmosphere is poisonous. The worst thing would be doing nothing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Not crazier than keeping Mourinho. Go "caretaker mode" till the end of the season and work in the meantime of getting the new boss. A caretaker manager would instantly lift us because we wouldn't have the poison of Mourinho polluting the club

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Why would it? Interim managers have worked fine elsewhere. We need to cut out the poison and things will slowly get better until the right man comes in.

Minimalist

Why? You're clearly not using common sense here and just trying to be smart. We're fecking shite. How much worse can it get bar relegation?

peridigm

We need someone to come in and support the players and save the season first and foremost. It could be an interview for a permanent job but we should worry about this season now and next season later. It’s become critical.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
One of the most stupid narratives I've seen recently that shite about Mourinho not typically falling apart eventually.

Madrid broke him. It's a fact. One piss easy PL title win with Chelsea doesn't change it. Put it in the history books.
It's a mystery, this **** around him. Goal posts keep moving as well, all our new players are not signed by him all of a sudden now. The same people who scoff at the Martial support are not capable of taking a look in the mirror.

AndyJ1985

I hope he attacks everyone at the club in the post match interview. I want him to self destruct and leave Woodward with no option but to sack him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
True. I simply can't see Jose turning it around. Players seem to have stopped playing for him.

This third season syndrome turning out real for United is so sad. It so depressing to see my club like this
You and me both.

I look forward to my City and Liverpool mates (of which I have to many) rubbing it in. Apparently it builds character or something.

Kag

Anyone who has watched the chaotic football from us with zero identity after two years+ in charge by Mourinho could see this coming. Except for the usual suspects who are old, stubborn and inflexible in their thinking, thus cling onto their habit of top redding for the sake of it.

Them and their young Padawans who chose the wrong people to look up to on this forum.
This is spot on. I’ve been calling this six months into his reign here.

cfkane

My only gripe is who would we replace him with mid-season? I'll be honest I'm not so keen on Zidane, wonder if we'd give it to McKenna/Carrick in an interim capacity.
The idea of McKenna/Carrick as interim only makes sense if it is for a matter of weeks. Would need to bring in someone proven to turn the club around. Unless Jose is kept on until April, I would not want to see this happen with so much of the season remaining, unless it's only until a contract can be ironed out for someone like Zidane.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can bring a gym teacher who'll tell the lads to go out and have fun - and it will be far better.
I don't share that opinion, we need our next appointment to work, failure after failure will see us fall even further behind our "rivals" and we'll lose a lot of standing on the global stage. I don't want someone appointed for the sake of him not being Mourinho.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Of course he would be enticed. We're Man Utd.

Minimalist

Winning 2 minor trophy (sorry I enjoyed them but that's what they are) is not what he was hired for. He's failed.

tom33

I hate to say it, because I think a lot of this is the media's doing, but I think that's the last straw. The season has barely begun and we're completely out of the title race and with a lot of ground to make up to even qualify for the champions league. Get someone else in, they might turn us around and get us back into the top 4 and at the very least they have plenty of time to prepare for next season.

Roboc7

Mourinho is 100% to blame for today, terrible team selection and as ever total lack of any game plan. He squeezed as many of his favourite players in as possible and they have all been as useless as the players he likes to throw under the bus.

He is now basically Moyes and this season is going to be bacially the same as Moyes’ season, can’t wait for it to end already.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
What incentive would the players have playing for a caretaker? I just can’t see it cojoling this particular group of players into any semblance of honourable professionalism. I cannot remember a more self-centered squad to represent our shirt in my time following United. Some are beyond redemption, in my view, and I wouldn’t shed a tear to see them leave the club. If that means Mourinho leaves too, so be it. But these players are hiding behind the supposed disharmony Mourinho has sown around the club and there is little more unforgivable than that as a professional footballer.

3KDré

Jose turns to Woodward after the game, "I told you we should have signed Arnautovic"
Nope, he’s goong to tell the press:
‘West Ham have a lot of football heritage’
‘Several of the West Ham team would get into ours’
‘I gave a list of 5 players to Mr.Woodward 5 months ago, I could not get them’

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The idea of McKenna/Carrick as interim only makes sense if it is for a matter of weeks. Would need to bring in someone proven to turn the club around. Unless Jose is kept on until April, I would not want to see this happen with so much of the season remaining, unless it's only until a contract can be ironed out for someone like Zidane.
Agreed. I was just throwing out suggestions really, I don't think we'd end up going that route. I'm just concerned that on first glance there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of good managerial choices readily available to us, at least not right now.

Aloysius's Back 3

It's like you enjoy watching United lose
I forgot to mention you! Jose was never United quality for me - I want him gone because I knew he would fail here & just been waiting for the inevitable happen FROM DAY 1. If he suprised me then fair enough - but he hasnt.

I have been waiting and it feels good that this mess is finally coming to an end and we can restart with a better manager. It's painful to watch; but Jose was always that to me - not getting the best out of the squad at his disposal.

Your telling me you are a better fan than me - supporting a dead manager who the longer he stays here - the more damage he does to our club?

Yeh right. He needs to go and manage a 'underdog team' with fans who will appreciate the wins never mind the type of player and the type of football that happens with.

rpitchfo

Worse start to a season since 1990.

I can’t watch a defensive manager, setting up a defensive team who can’t even defend.

It’s too much.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If you’re coming in here just to feel smug and gloat rather than actually contribute threadbans will be incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.