The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengt

Our next 8 matches are Valencia, Juventus x2, Chelsea, city, Everton, Bournemoth, New Castle. He needs to pull a miracle to survive here.
Realistically, we may win 2 out of 8 Ronaldo scores his debut goal at OT and that's very optimistic.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
These are Mourinho signings and you could say that perhaps 1 of them has done well enough, does this speak well about his judgement?
Pogba
Lukaku
Fred
Matic
Mkhitaryan
Bailly
Lindelof
Dalot
Grant
Sanchez
Ibra?

Super Hans

If Mourinho has lost the dressing room, which is how it looks, he has no one to blame but himself. He’s been publicly humiliating players regularly for his entire tenure. Why on earth he ever thought that would get the team firing on all cylinders is beyond me.

The situation is toxic. History does not indicate that it will change for the better under him. Sadly, he needs to go.

(I should add that in my opinion Pogba’s attitude has been poor since he rejoined United. He thinks he’s a superstar, and that belief is ensuring that his performances are mostly anything but)

deafepl

I don't think Woodward would wait until it's impossible to finish in the 4 top, he will have to act and sack Jose before it's too late, pay 15m to sack him or lose out 40m+ UCL if we fail to qualify for UCL.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just want to hear someone in this thread say that they've heard some strong rumours that Mourinho will be gone soon.

Asger

If Mourinho has lost the dressing room, which is how it looks, he has no one to blame but himself. He’s been publicly humiliating players regularly for his entire tenure. Why on earth he ever thought that would get the team firing on all cylinders is beyond me.[/B]

The situation is toxic. History does not indicate that it will change for the better under him. Sadly, he needs to go.

(I should add that in my opinion Pogba’s attitude has been poor since he rejoined United. He thinks he’s a superstar, and that belief is ensuring that his performances are mostly anything but)
At least we fans know now our players are players who only think about them self and have no passion for the club or fans.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
The most pathetic thing I find about all this is the point scoring that's happening on here, against fellow supporters.

Some of us backed him, he tried his best, it hasn't worked, it's turned very bad in terms of relations but, we move on.
This shit of the likes of the "I told you so" thread on here is downright pathetic! You'd expect it to be started by a rival supporter on here but, no! It's started by a red, to try and score points against their own.

It wasn't the bullshit we all swallowed with Moyes and the so called "plan" for when Fergie retired
Anyone who thinks it wasn't suspicious he didn't sign a contract with Everton for over a year, really isn't clued in.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think the worst problem you guys have with Mou is that you look at literally all of the other big 6 and they look like their managers train and train and train attacking patterns and moves every single day to the point where it's almost effortless when the matches come. One touch passing, neat and intricate moves, pressing high, etc. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal all play this way now.

That's bad enough as it is, but then you see teams like Wolves and Fulham playing a much better brand of football as well.

How else can that be explained other than by saying Mou doesn't properly know how to coach that part of the game? Is he completely out of touch with the modern game? One of the most expensive squads in world football and your team looks like they don't have a clue how to play with the ball.

L1nk

Said it before, and will say it again, should of got Tuchel in the summer. Maybe we can get him at the end of the season when he only has one year left on his contract.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I've just changed my vote from "not yet" to "yes" because I don't see him coming back from this. Enough is enough. Though I don't think he is solely to blame he is responsible for
a) The boring style of play.
b) Failing to get the best of the players at his disposal, probably due to a lack of motivation and inability to connect with and inspire his players.

That said, our problems run deep and just changing the manager won't change that. The majority of our squad seem to be lacking in quality and character. They've undermined all three managers since Sir Alex Ferguson, and will probably do it again. It's our new dressing room culture.

Woodward is, well, Woodward, and the owners are in it for a quick buck, everything else is a side note.

So while I say let's start by sacking Jose and appointing an interim manager, the next step should be clearing out the bad apples and dead wood sooner rather than later. Not going to happen though, because it doesn't make sense from an accounting perspective.

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with the owners and Woodward for a while yet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A new direction is needed, I just fear getting rid of Mourinho and appointing a new manager will not fix this club. We're more similar to an American sports franchise than anything else nowadays.
Keep hearing this, it’s such a crap excuse. Jose has spend absolute bucketloads on players and given up on almost all of them within the year. You can’t just buy a new player every season until you decide you’re happy with one.

While I feel a new RW and a cb was ideal this summer, I can understand why Woodward was hesitant. He’s tested Jose to coach this team and make them better before he gets more money, and he’s failed miserably.

Time to accept it’s not working and part ways, let the next guy have the warchest.

buchansleftleg

I know it's a terrible source but Daily Mail are claiming that Jose stayed in London rather than travel back with team on the train.

Is that normal given we have Champs league game this week?

They are claiming the players were openly discussing that he would be gone soon.

Ban

Keep hearing this, it’s such a crap excuse. Jose has spend absolute bucketloads on players and given up on almost all of them within the year. You can’t just buy a new player every season until you decide you’re happy with one.

While I feel a new RW and a cb was ideal this summer, I can understand why Woodward was hesitant. He’s tested Jose to coach this team and make them better before he gets more money, and he’s failed miserably.

Time to accept it’s not working and part ways, let the next guy have the warchest.
So he decided to go into the season with Jose knowing he hasn't backed him. Stupid by Ed and it's not the 1st.

The Irish Connection

I know he has his faults, biggest one in the context of United is that he has yet to get over the final hurdle of winning the major trophy, but I think pochettino would be the best candidate for us after mourinho.

He reminds me a bit of fergie before he came to United. Talented, young coach who punched above his weight and gets his teams playing decent attacking football. He nearly won the league with Tottenham.

Importantly, he is able to get a lot out of a team restricted by budget. Yes, we have spent a lot but there have been many transfer sagas over the last decade where we have pulled out of signing players because of a,b,c.
Oh and he likes to bring through youth, and not in a vindictive, ulterior motive kind of way, as far as I can tell.

Even if we didn’t win things with Pochettino, I could imagine a happier future under him as manager because we would get damn close, play better football and not have him create a circus at the club. People would still see him as a bit of an underdog and have more patience with the style of play.

Zidane seems to be the most likely at the moment though.

Would be nice to see giggs back also, but would obviously be worried about the lack of experience.

Asger

I know it's a terrible source but Daily Mail are claiming that Jose stayed in London rather than travel back with team on the train.

They are claiming the players were openly discussing that he would be gone soon.
We really should have let them walk to Manchester or travel in small bus.

mckenzie79

Let's be honest,he's lost the dressing room,and did do a while ago.u pick fights with players both privately and publicly,Martial,Sanchez,Shaw and Pogba and no one in that team will play for him.i originally wanted him in badly because we had klopp at Liverpool and pep at city and I thought he'd be the best man to deal with this pressure,I was wrong.His best season was his first,it's been downhill from there,and even then I think we were carried by zlatan.the football is shit and the results are the same.Remember,this is the easiest start to a season I can remember and we can't win a game.we've been here before,it's the end.just sack him and get it out of the way.

Cerberus

If he doesn't resign it's because

a) wants the 30 million (mercenary)
b) he actually thinks he can make it to the Top 4 / decent May ending.
It's most certainly A, not that it's morally wrong since he's just a professional with no emotional ties to us.

No way he believes he'll guide us to top four. That's why he's implemented the siege mentality - to make sure his ego can safely escape the sinking ship intact.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
a video from the station, back in Manchester, and Mourinho is there. It seems an atmosphere of joy, and good vibes

There is only formation on the field, no moving between players. Lack of running to create space in attacking side. Manager should bear the most responsibility for that

el3mel

If this is true, then it seems Mourinho didn't stay in London after all.

How can anyone believe Daily Mail ? Seriously ?

That tweet looks interesting though. These 2 clowns are starting to take it too far and they both need to be chopped off from the club.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

If you honestly feel a new manager will suddenly turn the current team into title challengers then all the power to you. This team is a long way from winning important trophies, we can't even win the Mickey Mouse cup!

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Just want to hear someone in this thread say that they've heard some strong rumours that Mourinho will be gone soon.
The lack of briefings saying his position is safe is a big thing. After the way Moyes and LVG were let go, I can't see the media finding out about this first.

Bojan11

If you honestly feel a new manager will suddenly turn the current team into title challengers then all the power to you. This team is a long way from winning important trophies, we can't even win the Mickey Mouse cup!
No but a new manager will improve some of the players we got and wouldn’t hopefully line up as a coward against West Ham.

Nobody is saying the squad is perfect and new manager will turn Jones into Baresi or Lingard into Messi. The squad has issues and there’s no denying that. But that doesn’t mean the team can’t do the basics right or string three passes together. You have Martial, Sanchez and Lukaku with Pogba behind them. That attack should be doing a lot better.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.

He travelled back with the team

Said it before, and will say it again, should of got Tuchel in the summer. Maybe we can get him at the end of the season when he only has one year left on his contract.
You can be my friend, I've been saying the same thing too! Either him or Sarri I wanted..

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I would imagine the powers that be will sit on their hands and won't sack Mourinho until a few more losses, this isn't getting better anytime soon but does feel like the beginning of the end for Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.