The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
He throws them under the bus at every opportunity.

Its never his fault.
And his fans lap it up. It's not like his previous clubs started playing well after he left.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yes they do have an importance but come on Jose can only do so much. I don’t like Jose and want him gone but the players have to be held accountable for this too and I’d be very happy to not see any of these in a united shirt again they’re a disgrace and crap stain on the club.
Some of them are a disgrace but every other manager is able to instantly go in and start working with what they've got and an identity is obvious. We are 3 years in and I don't have a clue what Mourinho is trying to do with this team. It literally changes week in week out, it's a complete joke.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Looks like it's time to put him out his misery. Getting a bit painful.

Asger

Can someone tell me why the club have not fined every players for like 3-6 months of their wage ?

Giggsyking

ffs is this still a question, anyone with a brain can understand this manager has nothing left in him. he is finished

The_Midfielder

He should go..he has been clueless ..
where is lingard ..
why is mctominay playing .. if he is playing why is matic playing
why is mctominay playing defense

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Yes they do have an importance but come on Jose can only do so much. I don’t like Jose and want him gone but the players have to be held accountable for this too and I’d be very happy to not see any of these in a united shirt again they’re a disgrace and crap stain on the club.
I would agree with you if the same thing didn't happen to him at both Chelsea and Madrid. It was so toxic at both clubs with even better players than we have.

At some point.. You have to ask questions of him. The fact that the players that have let him down today are those you would typically consider Pro Mourinho speaks volumes too. Reminds me of how Ivanovic kept doing the same at Chelsea. Yet Jose didn't drop him. Jose's treatment of some our players has simply been shambolic. He's sowed this discontent.

And how do you even begin to defend some of his decisions like McT in defense? Poor boy is being left out to hang.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Mourinho isn't blameless. No one has even said he's not blameless. No one doesn't want him out now. I want him out tonight.

However, this squad will be exposed by the next manager and we'll be here all in 2 years together and we'll see.
I think the next manager will have to buy.

I also believe that he will have some gems in some of our current squad.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Mourinho’s departure is not enough. He’s responsible for the past few weeks. Today is on the board.

3pwood

Meh It won't change a thing. Newcastle are piss poor and I'd rather believe my cat can fly that anything written on The Mirror.

But I want him out NOW.

Hahahhahhaha
I'm desperately laughing now, how wrong could I be?

Sjaakmeoff

If the only contribution a manager has is to emphasise everything that goes wrong (what he's doing atm) in stead of helping the team to perform better, it's time.

3pwood

Man united need to sack him NOW before it's too late. Remember his last season at Chelsea, I don't want to see Man United finish 10th or bellow that.

Joseunited

Every player looks frightened to touch the ball, it's actually getting quite scary watching this great club crumble so easily.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The McTominey thing is insane. He’s taken an actual CB (that he bought, btw) off, and kept an out of position youth Midfielder on at CB instead, at 0-2 down! just to make a super petty point about how he should’ve been allowed to buy another CB in the summer.

It’s spiteful self sabotage at this point.

Dante

Average bang
The players are looking at the man next to them to do something. NOBODY has the confidence to take responsibility and play a pass or make a run. That's a coaching shortcoming.

I still think there's a top team in there somewhere, but Mourinho will find it impossible to turn the ship. The next manager will hopefully be able to get us a cup.

The last 45 minutes of the Mourinho era coming up!

Jam

Mourinho, Woodward and these players aren't fit to be at United.

Mourinho and the players have the ability but completely the wrong attitudes.

Woodward isn't a football man, he should go be on the board at Tesco or something. He'd a cracking job in a commercial industry.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Once again slautering mctominay in some sort of madness ritual. Young at fault 100% for the first two goals, could have also given us a third with that daft penalty attempt. Subs off another scapegoat and throws mctominay in fire like a mad man after watching him burn alive in that position previously

Dante

Average bang
This is the football managerial equivalent of quitting your job by swearing at the boss on the way out of the door.

Josep Dowling

He should go..he has been clueless ..
where is lingard ..
why is mctominay playing .. if he is playing why is matic playing
why is mctominay playing defense
Not that I’m trying to defend him but he wants someone who can pass a ball at the back. Smalling and Bailly take an age to move the ball and 9/10 just pass sideways to the wingbacks.

Having said I’m not sure how putting McTominay in the back line would solve that issue. Feel sorry for the lad.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can I see the poll voters?? I want to know who still think Mourinho shouldn't be sacked. So in the future, I save time ignoring those posters with little football knowledge.

It's harsh but it is best for both parties.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's done out 'ere man.

This is beyond embarrassing, this is crippling.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is what ultimately happens with a José Mourinho team. The players are fighting, imo, but we have no actual plan so we, as a result, look a complete mess. Especially as we're actively pushing for a goal which is unusual for us.

The McTominey thing is insane. He’s taken an actual CB (that he bought, btw) off, and kept an out of position youth Midfielder on at CB instead, at 0-2 down! just to make a super petty point about how he should’ve been allowed to buy another CB in the summer.

It’s spiteful self sabotage at this point.
I got why he left him on. He wanted another attacker on and thought Bailly was our worst player. He didn't want to make 2 subs in 1.

I don't get why he started him. Not only is he not good enough in general, but we don't need Scott and Matic at home against Newcastle, and, as a result, we'll have to waste another sub later on rectifying that in bringing on an actual defender for Scott. We could've rectified it earlier bringing on Mata and lindelof on, but I don't think he wanted to use 2 subs at once.

Devil81

If we lose we should show him the door tonight and put some serious work on getting a man in as quickly as possible.

We can't afford to lose anymore ground on the top four.

Dante

Average bang
Fellaini is/was a very good player, but has got pelters over the years because he was a symbol of the Moyes tenure.

Rooney was a very good player (even towards the end), but got pelters because he was a symbol of the LvG tenure.

I feel sorry for McTomminay. He's going to get a lot of hate on this forum.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
45 mins against Newcastle proved me one thing. Jose is the last one who should go. Players betrayed club. Players guys and girls, not manager. When players deliberately losing match of our club they should be all sacked. But it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.