The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
He won 3 trophies in first year.
He led us to our best league campaign since Ferguson left in his second year.
He has qualified us for back to back UCL knockout that hasn't happened since 12/13 13/14.

Put some respect on his name, one shaky start to the season doesn't warrant a sacking.
This squad isn't good enough to challenge for the title, It's arguably not good enough to get top 4 either.
Could Jose have done better this season so far? Yes but he's hardly the reason why we're playing so bad.
This has got to be a WUM!

It is laughable to think that your squad is not good enough for Top 4. And if that really is the case - who is at fault after 3 years and ~400 million spending.
Also, he is exactly the reason why you are playing so bad. You cannot with a straight face say that this is the best that can be extracted from this group of players.

BlueHaze

He has qualified us for back to back UCL knockout that hasn't happened since 12/13 13/14.

Put some respect on his name, one shaky start to the season doesn't warrant a sacking.
This squad isn't good enough to challenge for the title, It's arguably not good enough to get top 4 either.
Could Jose have done better this season so far? Yes but he's hardly the reason why we're playing so bad.
"One shaky start" We are 7th 14 games in with a negative goal difference.. I think the word you are looking for is disastrous. And also yes, he is the biggest reason we are playing like crap.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Firstly the trophies weren't the biggest/more relevant ones, and one of them is a glorified friendly. Secondly we did get CL football for two seasons in a row so he gets credit for achieving the bare minimum which Moyes and LVG couldn't. But it's the absolute minimum level tolerated isn't it? Finally, you say we arguably don't have a top 4 squad. This is after 2.5 years of his reign. That in itself is sack worthy.

And if he isn't the reason we're playing badly why are you praising him in the first para?

Xixak17

The problems are much worse than who's manager, the players are bloody useless, don't see that changing regardless of who is in charge.
Yeah "useless".

Martial: Golden Boy, 17 goals/10 assists his first year same as Rooney's
Rashford: Academy star
Mata: CL winner, PL winner, Chelsea POTY
Pogba: Former FIFPro World XI
Lukaku: 3rd most prolific scorer in the league the last 4 years after Kane/Aguero
De Gea: Best shot stopper in football
Bailly: 3rd best young CB in La Liga when we bought him behind Varane/Umtiti
Shaw: England's future at LB
Fred: Wanted by several top teams, high energy skilled CM

But yeah the squad is useless mate. Jose is the only man for the job, the best we can do is 7th. Shut up with that **** garbage.

Reactions: Sultan

Xixak17

United - 22 points
Brighton - 21 points

We're 1 point clear of Brighton nearly halfway through the season. If you are still Mourinho in, you are an ENEMY of this football club.

EwanI Ted

Yeah "useless".

Martial: Golden Boy, 17 goals/10 assists his first year same as Rooney's
Rashford: Academy star
Mata: CL winner, PL winner, Chelsea POTY
Pogba: Former FIFPro World XI
Lukaku: 3rd most prolific scorer in the league the last 4 years after Kane/Aguero
De Gea: Best shot stopper in football
Bailly: 3rd best young CB in La Liga when we bought him behind Varane/Umtiti
Shaw: England's future at LB
Fred: Wanted by several top teams, high energy skilled CM

But yeah the squad is useless mate. Jose is the only man for the job, the best we can do is 7th. Shut up with that **** garbage.
Quite. There’s enough talent there to be in the top four, without a doubt. Not to mention the fact that the manager has a huge say in who’s in the squad. It’s just part of Mourinhos self defence mechanism to make out that the squad are terrible and only a miracle worker could get them to the top 4.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
United - 22 points
Brighton - 21 points

We're 1 point clear of Brighton nearly halfway through the season. If you are still Mourinho in, you are an ENEMY of this football club.
We have -1 GD and they have -2, good chance we will have worse GD than Brighton after 15 league games.

Greck

:lol: Oh dear, not often that you find all the excuses rolled into a single post.

The reason we're not in the top 6 is because every single one of those clubs has better managers than us.
It's how the excuses keep evolving. Arsenal now has a better squad than us? 6 months after we took their best player? Like that also doesn't reflect negatively on him. One reason I'll be glad when he's gone is to see an end to the logical diarrhea he and these people come up with.

Fracture90

The most mind-boggling part is that he actually believes improvement can only be achieved though mindless spending, it's as if he's never heard of the concept of improving and developing your players, ones that were here before you came and the ones you bought.

Same goes for his "quick-direct passing rant", somehow he's completely failing in understanding the importance of movement, technique and especially mobility that's absolutely a must in order to play that way.

EwanI Ted

“Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business." - Ed Woodward
He said that when we were in second place and top four looked assured in the future. Clearly being outside the CL and not in the race at the top of the table will affect income from TV rights and prize income.

Kapardin

The Arsenal game is going to be mighty interesting tonight. If he gets it wrong, we will be in for a thrashing and OT might just turn on him. It can get ugly, better hope he has done his homework.

This is the absolute last chance we have of any hope (delusion) of getting 4th. Lose this one and we are 11 points off, and usually that's not a gap that can be made up during the remainder of the season.

red4ever 79

The Arsenal game is going to be mighty interesting tonight. If he gets it wrong, we will be in for a thrashing and OT might just turn on him. It can get ugly, better hope he has done his homework.

This is the absolute last chance we have of any hope (delusion) of getting 4th. Lose this one and we are 11 points off, and usually that's not a gap that can be made up during the remainder of the season.
Nah will be the rustle of a few boos but that's about it I imagine. Good job it is not Spain where the white hankies would have been out a long time ago

fellaini's barber

There's no one out there who watches us and really thinks we are getting close to top 4 this season. Not Ed,Jose or the fans. We are more likely to drop to 10th over the next 2 weeks. I've given up being angry at Jose,its Woody I get angrier with each passing game now.

Canagel

United - 22 points
Brighton - 21 points

Brighton has better squad than us mate . Did you not see how they dealt with us early this seaosn?

Rednotdead

Win or lose tonight, it's immaterial. He won't be sacked until or unless it's mathematically impossible for us to make top 4. That's the way the Board operates.

Nickelodeon

Just to put our last few results into perspective:

Manchester United 0-0 Crystal Palace; Brighton (played 60 mins with 10 men) 3-1 Crystal Palace
Southampton 2-2 Manchester United; Fulham (Bottom 3, fecked by everyone) 3-2 Southampton

And neither were lucky draws for the opposition. No matter how rotten our squad might be, not winning such matches on a consistent basis while putting out such lifeless, soulless performances essentially points to the players just not playing for the manager. If the board doesn't want to get rid of Jose, then get rid of all the fecking players.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Win or lose tonight, it's immaterial. He won't be sacked until or unless it's mathematically impossible for us to make top 4. That's the way the Board operates.
A loss tonight would be a rather big step in that direction though. 11 or 5 points of 4th (disregarding Spurs winning; with that it would still be 8 at best).

EwanI Ted

We’re stuck in a daft position where top four is to all intents and purposes impossible, but not mathematically impossible, so the argument isn’t settled.

the chameleon

Oh great! Another Mourinho zombie spouting the same glass half full bollox!
- Community Shield doesn't count.
- Our best League campaign since Fergie - but finishing 20 points behind city.
- Qualifiied us to back to back CL campaigns? Are you serious mate? :lol::lol::lol:
- We're nearly half way through the season. A shaky start is usually the no more than the first 2-5 games.

He's spent £400 million! Let that sink in, he should have achieved far more than the accomplishments that you mentioned.

This has got to be another WUM. Or it's just Reddy with a new account :lol:

Bestofthebest

Why? We already know Jose does not have final say on transfers to perhaps we'll get a player in they both agree on. I imagine the spurs defender could be one if the price is right.
Yes, I agree that Jose may not have final word on transfers but my comment referred to whether or not he would be given any money, not whether he and Ed could agree on a decent player.

Also, I doubt that the addition of any single player would turn this season around, especially if he is made to play to Jose's negative tactics. If "the Spurs defender" is who I think you are referring to then I very much doubt he will have a significant effect on the team as a whole.

As I have said previously on this thread I have been half wishing Jose could turn things around but recent performances have not shown any signs of this happening, in fact they are getting worse with virtually every game and he should now go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadim

At this point I don't understand how he's still in the job. As in whats the point in all of this? Woodward can not continue in his role after this mess.
There's absolutely no chance that Woodward is given the boot, he makes the Glazers and the club far too much money.

Apparently we want a DoF so Woodward can feck off upstairs but Mourinho doesn't want one. That's the rumour doing the rounds.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He quotes are indeed real. I have outrage exhaustion. Just leave, please.

artursk

Okay, it's getting more and more ridiculous with Mourinho. Is he totally deluded or what's his problem?

Mourinho: "All the teams they got better, Spurs was the team that did not make a direct investment, but the best investment is to keep the top players that you have. So every team got better and we didn't."

FACTS:
1) Man United brought in Fred, Dalot, and Grant, Spurs did not bring in anyone. So who got stronger?
2) He talks about Spurs keeping all top players but so did United (we only lost Blind and ok, Carrick retired, but Carrick only played 2 games last season anyway)
3) City spent less money than United last summer but still according to Mourinho got stronger. How?
4) We pay more in wages than any other team in Europe except for Barcelona. (https://en.as.com/en/2018/01/17/football/1516210881_006124.html)
5) Mourinho's wage is 2x higher than that of Klopp - has he ever thought about a bit of self-reflection or is it all always someone else's fault?
6) Mourinho has outspent everyone in the league except for Guardiola over the last few years and the team is in the 8th place...

Just get rid of him, he's all poison. Always moaning. Negative football.
I have recently stopped watching United's games and did not renew my membership this season. I refuse to come back until we get rid of him. Tired of Mourinho constantly saying that "see, all is not that bad, fans still support us!" Of course fans still support the team! But not because of him but in spite of him.

Time's up.

Redo91

If we lose at home to Arsenal tomorrow night, I think he'll be sacked the following day.

Which begs the question, would you willfully hope for a loss in the event of the above becoming a reality?
I could never hope for us to win even though in the long run it would probably be for the best. Arsenal have a woeful record at OT so I can somehow see us getting a positive result tonight in spite of everything. We even managed to beat them under Moyes FFS!

In saying that for the first time ever I didn’t celebrate a winner when Fellaini scored last week. I was just too numb from having to sit through the previous 90 minutes.

MadMike

After raising the team from 6th during his first season to 2nd last season, he deserved to lead the team out this season too. Despite some obvious warning signs. But he's entering full meltdown mode now, blaming everything and everyone, while the team is playing terribly and the players are not responding to his style of management any more.

It's now only a matter of time. I hope we're not simply going through the motions atm, but actually using the time to approach potential targets.

Fracture90

He quotes are indeed real. I have outrage exhaustion. Just leave, please.
Just confirming what I said earlier. He thinks improvement can only be achieved through mindless spending. But actual player improvement and development is out of question.

This UTD job may as well be the worst thing that has happened to him in his managerial career, he's getting found out without Faria.

RooneyLegend

There's absolutely no chance that Woodward is given the boot, he makes the Glazers and the club far too much money.

Apparently we want a DoF so Woodward can feck off upstairs but Mourinho doesn't want one. That's the rumour doing the rounds.
How do they still care what Mou wants, just get rid of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For those that are unaware. This man bought a £50m CM and a £20m RB. One of the teams above him did not spend a penny.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For those that are unaware. This man bought a £50m CM and a £20m RB. One of the teams above him did not spend a penny.
I don't understand his point, we didn't lose players and we brought new ones. So what is the explanation for not getting better?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I don't understand his point, we didn't lose players and we brought new ones. So what is the explanation for not getting better?
It's another in the long line of 'blame anybody but me' deflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.