Film The Movies I want to see thread

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought the first half of the film was genuinely brilliant, but I was a tad disappointed by the second half which was a bit predictable. Having said that, I really really enjoyed the film and thought Neeson was excellent in it. Despite his dodgy choice of films now and again, he's one of those actors capable of really carrying a film on his shoulders just with his performance, which was the case here.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I loved The Grey.

That new James Hunt/Nicky Lauda film looks interesting but I'm assuming that Ron Howard will make it boring and predictable.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Not sure what to make of this. Will let you all know when I've watched it this weekend.
I'm still trying to make up my mind whether to see this or not. It looks like it could be one of those films that makes you question everything and I don't know if I could handle it right now.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
The place beyond the pines - has anyone seen it?

I have started it three times, only to switch it off after 5 minutes. Ryan Gosling's face is so boring. Haven't seen two more expressionless actors than him and Kirsten Stewart.

Should I try again or let it go?

kps88

It will soon be time to see big smashy robots battle big smashy aliens with Jax, Charlie and Stringer Bell.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
The film festival over here has just released it's lineup and there's a lot to look forward to. Upstream Colour, Ain't Them Bodies Saints, Frances Ha, Museum Hours, The Spectacular Now, Elena, Leviathan, Stories We Tell, The Act of Killing, A Band Called Death and Mistaken For Strangers are all on my list.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The place beyond the pines - has anyone seen it?

I have started it three times, only to switch it off after 5 minutes. Ryan Gosling's face is so boring. Haven't seen two more expressionless actors than him and Kirsten Stewart.

Should I try again or let it go?
Let it go. It gets even slower as it goes on, and I don't think you're in the mood to see 4 boring faces on the screen.

Leg-End

Inception music to start? I was waiting for the BRRRAWWWWWMMMM horns to kick in.

Heardy

He's very very good. He'll probably get an oscar nomination for the Assange part at next year's Academy Awards as well.
I would expect so too.

It's quite weird, on first impression (albeit without seeing him in many roles), I thought he would fall down the Hugh Grant route of being typecast as being an "English Gent."

But he is quite multi faceted as an actor, and i've been very impressed with what i've seen.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
He's a bit weird looking and seems to have actual talent, which separates him from Hugh Grant :D

But I see what you mean, definitely. Hugh Grant is quite a limited actor though I feel, I think Cumberbatch has got a lot more to offer and has already showed it in his not so long career so far.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It helps that he's a slightly creepy looking guy, playing a slightly creepy looking guy. He looks to have nailed it though. Streep-stylee.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Yeah that's what I was wondering, initially I even went so far as to say "an Oscar" but it'll definitely be too controversial for that. I dunno, I think he could maybe just get a nomination (of course if he's actually any good in it), but you may be right, looking back on the oscars, there's very rarely many controversial lead roles that even get a nod.

Political parts that were nominated, aside from Lincoln (and that's hardly controversial), you have Morgan Freeman as Mandela, Langella as Nixon, Penn as Harvey Milk (won), Whitaker as Idi Amin (won), Washington as Hurricane Carter, David Straithairn as Edward Murrow (what has Straithairn become?!)... This is going back to the early 2000s. Maybe Whitaker was the only surprising one in that lot, but there was a huge wankfest over his performance that year anyway, and it's not that comparable to Assange.

decorativeed

I know how some people received Man of Steel, so they will not be happy with the news that the fast-tracked sequel was just announced to feature another DC hero:

Rooney in Paris

Scout
That looks sensational. I can't wait to see it, made me wet first time I read about the project a couple of years ago, still as excited! Also, my fiancée is terrified by anything set in space cos she's afraid of the sense of immensity in space, she's going to hate this! :lol: