The Mueller Report

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Seriously?
Impeachment isn't an overreach but it might still be a bad idea. There is no way that they can get a positive outcome from impeachment in the senate.

The idea that this proves that there is nothing in the Mueller report and he is right all along is the bone of contention. This not being brought to impeachment does not mean that there is nothing in the report. There is plenty of damning evidence in the report. It's just going to be impossible to get the republicans to back them on it.

If Kavanaugh taught us anything its how badly this can backfire no matter how guilty the man in question is.
The info on Trump is far far more specific and damning than Kavanaugh.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Sooo, finally sort of read it. Seems impeachable stuff to me.
I think many voters would reach that same conclusion if they also read it. It's the right thing to do as a citizen but millions and millions won't. That, for me, is the main reason to impeach. The evidence is out now, but it needs to be shouted from the rooftops. And in a race that will almost cerrcerta be closer than it should, every advantage should be used.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I understand that with Mitch McConnell impeachment will never happen, and I understand Clinton's poll bump after his procedings but I still believe the Dems should just buck up and go for it. They've been correctly pointing out that it is literally their job to oversee the President, and that impeachment is the correct constitutional means for holding him to account. And I think there is more in the Mueller report than even close to what is needed given historic context.

So go for it, even if it means never making it past the senate. Go for it because it will get out into the public sphere just how f*cking criminal Trump is, how unsuitable to lead he is and how morally f*cking bankrupt he is, even if it's not up to Bill Barr's legal definitions.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile, Trump's pal Pelosi is 'cautioning' her party colleagues about advocating impeachment...

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
I've been involved in some very stupid arguments on here but this is definitely top 10.
I've been reading redcafe for 10 years or so and that's easily a top 5 reading comprehension fail on here.

Regarding the impeachment talk people should look back to Watergate as the dems appear to be following a similar path. Starting May '73 the Senate conducted a years worth of televised hearings prior to the start of impeachment hearings 12 months later. Similar appears to be happening here though house dems are the ones holding the hearings for obvious reasons.

The country needs to be educated on Trumps misdeeds and the circumstances described in the report. Of course it'd be great if people would read the thing but the majority won't, they'll rely on the analysis of others - we've seen it in this thread already. Trump supporters certainly won't waste their time, they're not going to believe anything reported by the fake news, so instead give them the details from the horse's mouth.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not sure why they haven't yet subpoenaed Mueller to testify. They need to start with establishing the idea that Barr's summary was not accurate reflection of the report.

nimic

something nice
Scout
A good reason the Dems will do nothing about Trump is that they'd prefer to face Trump in 2020, and not some other republican.
I doubt that very much. If the Republicans have their President succesfully impeached in 2019, which requires Republican support in the Senate, they've already lost the 2020 Presidential Election. They might recover for 2024, but not for 2020.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
"I do think that there’s a real lack of political imagination on display from Democratic leaders. I think there’s a thinking, and this may have spread to voters at large, but there’s this idea that impeachment is only worthwhile if you can convict and remove the president, and that if you cannot do that, then impeachment becomes a political burden. It could hurt the party in the 2020 elections and may even energize Republicans going ahead into them. This just generally strikes me as putting the cart well before the horse here. There actually isn’t great evidence that failing to convict and remove would hurt the party that initiated impeachment.

"
What I find baffling, I guess, is the extent to which opponents of the president, and many Democrats, and many observers have simply presupposed that there’s no way to shape public narratives, that politics is purely a game of reaction, and that one reacts to what the public says they want, or says they care about, and if that doesn’t work, then there’s nothing else you can do.

But we know, simply from the fact that Donald Trump is the president, that we can move and shape public opinion, and public behavior in unexpected and unanticipated ways, and so why not work at that?

"What it seems like is having reasoned oneself into this ultra-savvy position, where the thing that’s always most effective to do is not to fight, and that just doesn’t seem to track with anything that we’ve learned about American politics over the last 15 years."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/04/political-case-for-impeachment-after-mueller-report.html

ChaddyP

Come back from Easter vacation and Eboue is championing for impeachment of trump :eek:.

I guess he finally read the Mueller report :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Come back from Easter vacation and Eboue is championing for impeachment of trump :eek:.

I guess he finally read the Mueller report :lol:
Or he found out what the Democrats thought was best and took the opposite opinion :p

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Or he found out what the Democrats thought was best and took the opposite opinion :p
Opinions are divided.
Warren, Harris and Buttigieg came out yesterday favoring impeachment while Bernie and Pelosi were wary so the divide on impeachment isn't even a progress-centrist split. Truth is no one really knows whats best.

I do think most agree that some subpoenas need to happen and mueller should testify.

ChaddyP

Also that :lol::lol:

I mean imagine some people thought Maddow should hang her head in shame all because Bill fecking Barr said this was a nothing burger in a 4 page memo:lol:. Dems are being fecking pussies though. Impeach the man , hold the hearings , they wont be getting any shit done in congress with Mitch and Trump running the rest of Government anyway.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
I think he’s agreed to give testimony but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Yes,
Awesome. Very interesting in his hearing, and then Muller's. If they are contradictory, time to subpoena Trump (though Kavanaugh and the other hacks will likely vetoe that).

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Also that :lol::lol:

I mean imagine some people thought Maddow should hang her head in shame all because Bill fecking Barr said this was a nothing burger in a 4 page memo:lol:. Dems are being fecking pussies though. Impeach the man , hold the hearings , they wont be getting any shit done in congress with Mitch and Trump running the rest of Government anyway.
She should. The stuff shes spewed over the last couple years is embarrassing.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dems are being fecking pussies though. Impeach the man , hold the hearings , they wont be getting any shit done in congress with Mitch and Trump running the rest of Government anyway.
Fecking this!

Revan

Assumptionman
Barr hearings with regard to the Mueller report.

1st May - Senate Judiciary

2nd May - House Judiciary
So McConell cnut and his cronies will set the agenda, make the easy questions and paint to the public that Barr did nothing wrong.

InfiniteBoredom

Watergate doesn’t happen in a day, the majority of the population didn’t favour impeaching Tricky Dick in the beginning. The impeachment process came after a highly publicised series of Senate Judiciary hearings broadcasts. The Democratic leadership is basically hedging at the moment, starting that same process and see how public opinion turns.

A bit spineless, sure, but reasonable nonetheless.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Trump will risk everything to ensure he remains in power.
That is his only insulation from being incarcerated for all his crimes including treason.

The Democrats have a mountain to climb. But I believe they will be thorough in their ongoing investigations.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Impeach the man , hold the hearings , they wont be getting any shit done in congress with Mitch and Trump running the rest of Government anyway.
It's a huge risk. The public don't tend to like having their presidents impeached.