The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

She never stops with her patronising, passive aggressive tone and throwing 'communism' about at every given chance.

Saying that, I can't wait to see her debate AOC. Although I bet she will just be like Trump and just try to disrupt and insult and deflect all the way through the debate.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

She never stops with her patronising, passive aggressive tone and throwing 'communism' about at every given chance.

Saying that, I can't wait to see her debate AOC. Although I bet she will just be like Trump and just try to disrupt and insult and deflect all the way through the debate.
The ol' gish gallop

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Yeah, no way would Jewish space laser lady actually debate with facts. She would lie and insult her way to "owning the libs".

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Think it's beneath AOC debating her.
agreed, and pointless. At this stage the only people on MTG's side are irredeemable nutjobs who would not take AOC's side if Jesus himself came down in a heavenly Prius and commanded them to believe in climate change.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

It would be peak ‘chess match against a pigeon.’

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I like to watch old Firing Line episodes where William F. Buckley generally gets owned by very smart libs. Such a shame to see that this is where we are today with political debate.

There's a great Buckley squashing episode on Youtube where Robert Vaughn teaches him about Vietnam in between being patronised and scorned for being an actor by the pompous windbag.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I like to watch old Firing Line episodes where William F. Buckley generally gets owned by very smart libs. Such a shame to see that this is where we are today with political debate.

There's a great Buckley squashing episode on Youtube where Robert Vaughn teaches him about Vietnam in between being patronised and scorned for being an actor by the pompous windbag.
For what it's worth, there's plenty of these intellectual debate-esque videos from the 70s and 80s. Which show today resembles that?

I watched Trevor Noah a couple of times, he seems to ask good and serious questions to his guests but at the end of the day his show is still a comedy show.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
For what it's worth, there's plenty of these intellectual debate-esque videos from the 70s and 80s. Which show today resembles that?

I watched Trevor Noah a couple of times, he seems to ask good and serious questions to his guests but at the end of the day his show is still a comedy show.
We used to have Nightline but that ended a few years ago. Tim Russert's version of MTP was great. Other than that it's all shite.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When you see old clips the questioners are actual journalists, not TV heads like the current crop. They should just hire Paxman or Ricky Gervais.
Undoubtedly.

Today, if you gave someone who has a modicum of political nous a transcript of a Russert interview with two politicians of both parties but didn’t furnish the names, that person would be hard pressed to determine what political affiliation Russert was.

One of my professors in college did exactly this in a poly sci class & it prompted a great discussion that day. The fact that both parties accused him of bias was what made him perfect for the gig.

It could be done now, but who would watch & what advertiser would pay?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Undoubtedly.

Today, if you gave someone who has a modicum of political nous a transcript of a Russert interview with two politicians of both parties but didn’t furnish the names, that person would be hard pressed to determine what political affiliation Russert was.

One of my professors in college did exactly this in a poly sci class & it prompted a great discussion that day. The fact that both parties accused him of bias was what made him perfect for the gig.

It could be done now, but who would watch & what advertiser would pay?
I'd watch it if the interviewer had a button to shock the politician if they did not answer the question while "answering" the question. Also if the interviewer had the green light to ask the same question over and over and make the politician squirm for an hour if they kept deflecting.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'd watch it if the interviewer had a button to shock the politician if they did not answer the question while "answering" the question. Also if the interviewer had the green light to ask the same question over and over and make the politician squirm for an hour if they kept deflecting.
Now that would drive ad buys.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
R's - Blackburn, Lee, and Paul
D's - Klobuchar and Smith (both MN sentators, wondering if they are back in MN for some reason??)
e- They were at Daunte Wrights funeral

Drifter

American
Greene is 15 years older than AOC. But you would never know it. AOC should just ignore her and get on with what she was elected for.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
feck me I wish I had found a place o place a bet on this. I was telling my wife at dinner that I was certain it would be him. In the year that the mask "concealing" their white supremacy was torn of, of course they would choose the single black republican member of congress.

WPMUFC

"Obama is responsible for the increased extremism in politics because he wanted to pass a stimulus bill and we had no choice but to become extreme"

You Americans have no chance when this BS just becomes normal discourse on mainstream news shows.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not a politician, but a typical christian Republican. This is the base. A lot to unpack here...