The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I was reading an Radio-Canada article about Liz Cheney just now (link) and it made me think of the politico-philosophical emptiness in the GOP right now. I mean, as much as I probably disagreed with virtually anything they stood for and thought it was based on poor logic and data, it seems to me that, before Trump, the GOP stood for certain ideas and principles and you could predict their position on items. I suppose you still can to a significant degree, but the article points out that Liz Cheney voted with Trump on issues in 93% of cases, more than someone like Jim Jordan; yet she's being made a GOP pariah now and put away as a total traitor just because she thought Trump lost the elections and should have been impeached after the Capitol attack.

I suppose bringing up the GOP's Trump cult and its insanity is nothing new, but the way they're eating their own (see also being Romney being called a communist (sic!) a few days ago) without any care for political content is really bewildering to me. That must have electoral consequences - must it not? I mean, if they're trading their principles for a Trump cult without even having Trump on the ballot (like in the mid-term elections), won't that alienate voters?

I'm amazed, really, that there isn't more talk of a party split; although those in favour of that probably realise that the crazy right would dominate that split, and that the Dems would be the biggest winners of that scenario.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
More worrisome is the GOP may take back the house in 22, and an asshole opportunist like DeSantis will win the 24 nom and based on hate talk radio, far right TV, probable endorsement by Trump*, fecked up American exceptionalism and nationalism beliefs, etc. could easily see the GOP win the White House and suddenly control all three levels again, ensuring further deterioration of the US.

MrMarcello

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...-backs-gop-voting-bill-3-a-m-vote/4969597001/
After bitter fight, late changes and 3 a.m. vote, Texas House approves GOP election bill

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/po...of-the-ballot-box-an-echo-of-Jim-16160340.php (paywall, tough to get around this one)
'Purity of the ballot box,' an echo of Jim Crow, stricken from Texas voting bill

This cockbiscuit below is the epitome of whitewashed education and white privilege in Texas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briscoe_Cain
Cain was named one of "The Worst Legislators of 2017" by Texas Monthly, which wrote "We tried really hard to give Briscoe Cain a pass. But he left us little choice. When we asked Capitol insiders for Worst list suggestions, his name, almost universally, was the first one mentioned."[28]

He knew what he was doing with the purity wording.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
https://www.statesman.com/story/new...-backs-gop-voting-bill-3-a-m-vote/4969597001/
After bitter fight, late changes and 3 a.m. vote, Texas House approves GOP election bill

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/po...of-the-ballot-box-an-echo-of-Jim-16160340.php (paywall, tough to get around this one)
'Purity of the ballot box,' an echo of Jim Crow, stricken from Texas voting bill

This cockbiscuit below is the epitome of whitewashed education and white privilege in Texas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briscoe_Cain
Cain was named one of "The Worst Legislators of 2017" by Texas Monthly, which wrote "We tried really hard to give Briscoe Cain a pass. But he left us little choice. When we asked Capitol insiders for Worst list suggestions, his name, almost universally, was the first one mentioned."[28]

He knew what he was doing with the purity wording.
It’s incredibly easy to dislike male high school cheerleaders.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Somewhat related, was learning about the Satanic panic in the 80's - clearly it's an American thing. Almost identical in demographic hit, proximity to reality and scale of craziness. There's just some non-insignificant part of the US that prefer the insane to the real challenges facing them.

There are still people in jail because of the entirely-fabricated Satanic bullsh*t. I guarantee you a venn diagram of those believing that and those posting QAnon on FB is a circle.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Somewhat related, was learning about the Satanic panic in the 80's - clearly it's an American thing. Almost identical in demographic hit, proximity to reality and scale of craziness. There's just some non-insignificant part of the US that prefer the insane to the real challenges facing them.

There are still people in jail because of the entirely-fabricated Satanic bullsh*t. I guarantee you a venn diagram of those believing that and those posting QAnon on FB is a circle.
And interestingly, a key element of that was kids getting molested during satanic rituals.

Maybe one day people will realize that adults molesting children is the problem and that it doesn't require membership in some weird cult to do it. That's just an excuse to hide from the fact that people suck.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My sister and I were young kids at the time in LA and I remember vaguely the panic surrounding this. I think because of that, and because she was a grade school teacher herself, my mom, to this day refuses to believe they did not do it. I tried having a discussion with her once but she was insanely defensive and almost aggressive in her belief that they abused all those kids. She brought out the "I knew/spoke to some of the parents and they were not lying". My mom is one of the most progressive and open minded people you will ever meet, but on this topic she will not budge, no matter the evidence.

Once something this emotional grabs your brain it is almost impossible to detach.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Check this out. You see my question posed in the first picture. Sorry for the overlap. The responses are something...

Among the sheer brilliance in this rant is that he had to take a pause because he was working.

Imagine what this person does & imagine him being on the next desk over from you.

There are tens of millions of this guy in this country right now.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
"And God bless you sir" cracked me up. That is my story.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I couldn't read all of it, but I did have to laugh at how often he randomly inserted "not my story" into his posts.

MrMarcello

They're so deluded in thinking the military fully support Trump and conspiracy theories. Now, I'm not brass at the highest levels but I gather the military brass have accepted Biden as the POTUS. And steps have been taken to eradicate extremists within, granted that won't be easy for the covert bunch.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They're so deluded in thinking the military fully support Trump and conspiracy theories. Now, I'm not brass at the highest levels but I gather the military brass have accepted Biden as the POTUS. And steps have been taken to eradicate extremists within, granted that won't be easy for the covert bunch.
What I especially love is the assertion that whomever the military deems the lawful president will be inserted into office.

There’s so much wrong with that statement, it’s difficult to determine what to tackle first.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There are tens of millions of this guy in this country right now
About a third of the country's voting base. That's at least 60m.
The problem is when a country goes down this rabbit hole, it doesn't come back out. I can't even blame Trump.
This started decades ago. I am sorry for you.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
About a third of the country's voting base. That's at least 60m.
The problem is when a country goes down this rabbit hole, it doesn't come back out. I can't even blame Trump.
This started decades ago. I am sorry for you.
I apparently have a temporary posting ban right now on YT. I will be asking this person for his sourcing on his beliefs. I can’t imagine he will send me links, but I enjoy seeing what new morphs of delusion are out there.

It’s sad to say, but these people are truly worthless citizens & have been for years. Their adherence to an alternative reality has completely devalued them, yet they will continue to influence policy in this country. Their willful, intentional ignorance can’t be tolerated, but there’s no consequence against it.

There’s always been fringe movements like this, but the psychosis is now far too pervasive.

The Firestarter

What I especially love is the assertion that whomever the military deems the lawful president will be inserted into office.

There’s so much wrong with that statement, it’s difficult to determine what to tackle first.
Essentially, Burma.

MrMarcello

Hadn't heard of that guy above but saw this thread, kinda nails it on the state of the current party. Still, he's a Republican, so told you so.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Essentially, Burma.
Before Parler went back down on its extended sabbatical, I was engaging with a complete mensa who was certain that all the military deployed to help administer vaccinations would be the tip of the spear in the Myanmar-esque coup.

S/he was certain the 140 average per state deployed Seal Team Docs & Delta Nurses would be totally capable of occupying the critical infrastructure in each state that would allow for the coup to occur.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hadn't heard of that guy above but saw this thread, kinda nails it on the state of the current party. Still, he's a Republican, so told you so.

He popped up around December of last year as an anti "stolen election" Republican. Really blew up on 1/6 as he was, I think, the first congressional Republican to call out Trump for inciting the mob.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Somewhat sensible, rather conservative, GWOT vet Republican.

The lesser of two evils currently.

The Firestarter

Before Parler went back down on its extended sabbatical, I was engaging with a complete mensa who was certain that all the military deployed to help administer vaccinations would be the tip of the spear in the Myanmar-esque coup.

S/he was certain the 140 average per state deployed Seal Team Docs & Delta Nurses would be totally capable of occupying the critical infrastructure in each state that would allow for the coup to occur.
Sorry, have to ask, was that the coup to bring Trump back, or Biden lead coup to take over the republican states?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Gotcha. Bless them.
I don’t know what’s more humorous - thinking doctors & nurses would lead the charge or that 7000 of them spread across the country would be sufficient numbers to take over the governmental / military infrastructure in every state.

S/he was certain prepublished repositioning of SF battalions was definitely a part of it as the audit was going to be completed by the 15th. of May & these troops would be the follow on force (despite the fact that it would only add 600 more troops to each state). Now that the audit won’t be nearly completed by this Saturday, I wish I could ask him / her about what other preplanned training exercises will be a part of the coup.

The Firestarter

I don’t know what’s more humorous - thinking doctors & nurses would lead the charge or that 7000 of them spread across the country would be sufficient numbers to take over the governmental / military infrastructure in every state.

S/he was certain prepublished repositioning of SF battalions was definitely a part of it as the audit was going to be completed by the 15th. of May & these troops would be the follow on force (despite the fact that it would only add 600 more troops to each state). Now that the audit won’t be nearly completed by this Saturday, I wish I could ask him / her about what other preplanned training exercises will be a part of the coup.
If they are surgeons , it is ON.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just heard that Cheney didn’t call for a recorded vote as it would have required five co-sponsors.

That’s pretty telling.
She could have got Kinzinger and maybe Meijer. She still should have done it. It would have put them on the record as not wanting their vote recorded.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Reminds me of my friend’s girlfriend who basically told me the same thing. The deep state got Biden the presidency, but what I suppose is an even deeper state, which is fighting pedophilia and satanism, will take it from him - just as it will in my own and a number of other European countries.

Thankfully, the amount of these intellectuals is pretty limited here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Reminds me of my friend’s girlfriend who basically told me the same thing. The deep state got Biden the presidency, but what I suppose is an even deeper state, which is fighting pedophilia and satanism, will take it from him - just as it will in my own and a number of other European countries.

Thankfully, the amount of these intellectuals is pretty limited here.
I think I remember you discussing this person before.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I think I remember you discussing this person before.
Yeah, I’m probably repeating myself, but listening to this stuff from an actual, real life person who I knew as a nice and relatively normal woman before has stayed with me.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, I’m probably repeating myself, but listening to this stuff from an actual, real life person who I knew as a nice and relatively normal woman before has stayed with me.
Not besmirching you in the slightest!

If I remember correctly, you were going to meet up with her / them for the first time in a while? How’d that go?