The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Somerset, WI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might as well as held it in MN. My guess is no city of any size will host this shit.

Fridge chutney

Sorry, pearl clutchers, but she’s a cnut...

Where does America find these people? It's like a parody. How embarrassing for the country.

I read that less than half of Republicans have gotten the vaccine. 100% of Democrat politicians have.

Sad.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I just made the mistake of clicking on the matchday thread. My lord, that thing is the RedCafe version of a lovechild of Gaetz and Boebert that was raised by MTG and Gym Jordan.

Realist81

I just made the mistake of clicking on the matchday thread. My lord, that thing is the RedCafe version of a lovechild of Gaetz and Boebert that was raised by MTG and Gym Jordan.
:lol: :lol:

I tend to stay clear of the match day threads, takes so hot that they make the sun seem chill.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That Gaetz is not in a hole somewhere, hiding out of embarrassment but going about doing rallies should tell you how far the GOP have gone.

WPMUFC

Not only did Gaetz know he was framing those comments as killing tech company bosses, but in a preceding clip, actually stated that the only reason for the 2nd amendment was to use weapons to enact political violence.

You Americans are sleeping-walking into a growing fascism movement.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It really baffles me the lengths they go to with some of the theories just to avoid the obvious truth. Then the fact that it is broadcast on national TV is even more bizarre

WPMUFC

It really baffles me the lengths they go to with some of the theories just to avoid the obvious truth. Then the fact that it is broadcast on national TV is even more bizarre
Because their political ideology does not work well in society when it is blatantly presented to those in society. So they obfuscate, confuse, trick and wear down people until they get enough people on side.

When you've convinced enough people that what they can plainly see with their own eyes is not actual reality, by manufacturing a new reality for them, then other aspects of their political ideology are slipped in to a willing audience.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Surprised this has not been posted. America is on a one way train to fascism.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Surprised this has not been posted. America is on a one way train to fascism.
Not even in the top 5 craziest thing DeSantis has done this year and he is still falling behind Abbott in the "Batshit Craziest State Governor(tm)" rankings. This one will likely get crushed in the courts, and even if not, I think he may be underestimating the levels of feckery that college students are capable of when given a survey.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think this probably belongs in this thread: senator Josh Hawley wants to put Canada on the religious freedoms watchlist and have it investigated because priests have been arrested in Alberta due to their violations of COVID-19 restrictions. Guess Christianity is supposed to be above the law!
CTV News said:
U.S. senator wants Canada on religious freedom watch list over pastor COVID-19 arrests
Published Friday, June 25, 2021 5:59PM EDT; Last Updated Friday, June 25, 2021 5:59PM EDT

A U.S. senator has asked that Canada be investigated for violating religious freedom over the arrests of Alberta pastors accused of flouting COVID-19 restrictions.

In a letter released Thursday, Missouri Republican Josh Hawley asked his country's Commission on International Religious Freedom to consider putting Canada on its special watch list.

"I am troubled that our Canadian neighbours are effectively being forced to gather in secret, undisclosed locations to exercise their basic freedom to worship," Hawley wrote.

"Frankly, I would expect this sort of religious crackdown in Communist China, not in a prominent western nation like Canada."

Hawley refers in his letter to the arrests of Alberta pastors James Coates and Tim Stephens.

Coates spent a month in the Edmonton Remand Centre after he violated a bail condition not to hold church services that officials said were ignoring COVID-19 measures on capacity limits, physical distancing and masking.

He was released March 22 after pleading guilty and was fined $1,500.

Coates, who is a pastor at GraceLife Church in Spruce Grove, has argued provincial regulations meant to curb the spread of COVID-19 infringed on his and his congregants' constitutional right to freedom of religion and peaceful assembly.

Earlier this month, a judge ruled his religious freedoms under the Charter were not violated.

Stephens remains in remand after being arrested last week following repeated public complaints over an outdoor service that officials say broke public health orders.

Calgary police and Alberta Health Services allege that Stephens of Fairview Baptist Church chose to keep holding services without respecting orders on physical distancing and capacity limits, even after his church had been twice ordered closed.

Litigation director Jay Cameron of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, which is representing Stephens, has accused Alberta Health Services in a statement of being "engaged in an intentional act of public deception and abuse of authority in arresting pastor Stephens and others."

The U.S. commission lists three requirements to declare that a country oppresses religious freedom. It says the oppression must be systematic, ongoing and egregious.

Any two of those is enough to be placed on the special watch list. Countries already on the list include Afghanistan, Egypt, Cuba and Turkey.

A commission spokesperson said the agency is aware of Hawley's letter and is "looking into it."

A spokesman for Alberta Justice said the department couldn't comment on Hawley's accusations because the matters are still before the courts.

Hawley is a longtime supporter of former U.S. president Donald Trump. He gave a clenched-fist salute to the hordes outside the Capitol as he arrived on the day of the Jan. 6 riots to press his challenge of the presidential election results.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world...h-list-over-pastor-covid-19-arrests-1.5486192

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Someone in Toyota’s PR department is going to get fired today.