The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have the England under 21s got another summer tournament hence the Carsley delay?

Fr. Todd Unctious

Brophs

The One and Only
Ouch. What did he have against Kenny?
Dunno. He doesn’t get the credit he deserves for his Roy Keane-esque trait of being incapable of separating emotion from his own opinions. In an attempt to dunk on Stephen Kenny there he claimed the LOI was too demanding to allow him time to watch Ireland games, unless Sheasy is on the line, in which case, game on.

Brophs

The One and Only
I am officially checking out of this manager hunt. Feck me.
“Has anyone heard back from Quique Sanchez Flores? My emails to Slavisa Jokanovic’s agent keep bouncing back. Did Martin Jol die or did I imagine that? Might be worth a WhatsApp?”

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
If it isn't Carsley, and it could still be to be honest... then from what we have been told maps to Poyet.
Could there be a more damning indictment of the FAI’s managerial hunt than if the D list manager who decided to plámás the Irish about how they wear Ireland tracksuits to matches managed to brass neck his way into the job.

Oranges038

At this stage it might be worth giving Brian Cody a call.

If we put 15 men on the pitch with sticks, we might actually qualify for something.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Thoughts on Bazunu or Kelleher in goals?

The former’s been pretty great for us so far, but Kelleher has been more or less flawless for Liverpool since Alisson got injured.

irishkiwired

I think we need to look at what we want from the Irish national team before appointing a new manager. From my perspective we have fallen so far behind, a new manager might put some paper over the cracks but long term with the setup we have we are going nowhere. Personally I would rather look at the League of Ireland and see how can we get to the point that we are giving these players motivation, dreams and financial security to push themselves to a hire level and I see our national team as a great carrot. Now I could be looking at this too simply but why wouldn't we have an elite LOI squad that trains regularly together and understands how we want to play and then we ensure a number of these people are in the Irish squad for each game it could be a large percentage for friendlies and smaller percentage for qualifiers. These players can get financially reimbursed so they are not distracted by other work. Yes it will mean short term pain but in the long term we might be able to develop stability for Irish football and create more talent which is what is all about.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thoughts on Bazunu or Kelleher in goals?

The former’s been pretty great for us so far, but Kelleher has been more or less flawless for Liverpool since Alisson got injured.
Kelleher should play in this next international break - he has been first choice for the past month, albeit because of an injury. It might push him to leave in the summer too.

In others news, it looks like Sagnol is out too. It has to be Poyet.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Carsley officially rules himself out so it has to be one of Poyet/Sagnol then... Meh

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Looks like it's Poyet vs Sagnol next week for a place at the Euros.

Loser gets the Ireland job?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Kilbane was on off the ball and reading between the lines on what he said - Carsley has turned us down because he feels he can get the England gig.

Southgate to Man Utd
Carsley to England

Could be a great summer for us, gents.