The OFF TOPIC Berbatov thread (used to be 'Berbatov Wants Move')

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
For my money if Berbatov doesn't move now (which is 99% likely) and Spurs get Woodgate and Downing. Berbatov will remain a Spurs player for the forseeeable future. Because they''ll have finally become a team capable of challenging for a top 4 or more finish
They won't even reach the UEFA Cup this season most likely unless they win the League Cup (which they probably will manage to bottle), so he would have to take the risk and not play in Europe for a whole next season. Moreover, you cannot be sure that their European challenge will end in success so Berbatov may eventually not play in Champions League at all. Will he take the risk? In the name of what?

Sam

And I thought this transfer was a dead cert, how silly of me.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
shit shit shit shit shit....ive just had a thought...similar to the one i had about torres heading to liverpool long before he did due to the spanish factor.

come the summer..say drogba leaves..who do chelsea replace him with?? berbatov. Once they move for him they can price us out. Fergie fergie fergie...dont say i didnt warn ya

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
shit shit shit shit shit....ive just had a thought...similar to the one i had about torres heading to liverpool long before he did due to the spanish factor.

come the summer..say drogba leaves..who do chelsea replace him with?? berbatov. Once they move for him they can price us out. Fergie fergie fergie...dont say i didnt warn ya
why do you think he bought anelka?

Bape

because sheva, and pizza offer poor support to drogba
Drogba plays up top alone more often than not, and he's often more effective in this formation anyway. Anelka is a perfect replacement for Chelseas formation with 1 up top.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Berbatov. Did. feck. All.

He's so overrated it's incredible. 13 goals this season - six of which came in 2 games against Reading.

GusHiddink

Drogba plays up top alone more often than not, and he's often more effective in this formation anyway. Anelka is a perfect replacement for Chelseas formation with 1 up top.
Nonsense. berbatov is better up top solo than anelka

he showed us nothing today
Agreed, he was poor today. And that makes him no less of a player

Merman

Agreed, he was poor today. And that makes him no less of a player
He wasn't bad today. Never seen a player winning a header comfortably against Ferdinand in recent times.

GusHiddink

He wasn't bad today. Never seen a player winning a header comfortably against Ferdinand in recent times.
Yeah but i felt by his standards his hold up play and some of his short range passing was very sloppy. (by his standards, prob the best at holding the ball up in the premiership in my opinion).

Had he been at the top of his game he'd have made things very awkward for us after spurs took the lead with his ability to hold onto the thing, allowing spurs to get out. As it was they kept giving the ball away cheaply and spurs were far too deep. dawson should never have been on his six yard line heading that ball for example

Bape

No, it's not nonsense. Berbatov dosent even play up top alone with Spurs at the moment, where as Anelka has always been an out an out striker.

sonymobby

He talks like a mix of Mourinho and Ronaldo. Is he of Portuguese origin?
If you're serious: People whose first language has many different and hard sounds have a bit heavier accent than the normal accents of the various british people.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

Fredo, crap mafioso from The Godfather

Dimitar Berbatov, wetting himself about playing for United

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Look at Berba's smile when asked about Manchester United :lol: he loved it ...
Dear oh dear. The window has been closed just a few days and already the Berbatov obsession starts up again.

Posters on this forum have been confidently predicting he'd be off to United in the last three transfer windows. And I've faced a lot of stick each time for saying - and giving reasons - why it was never going to happen ... especially this last time in the face of Cockney_Hams insistence on his infallible 'inside information'.

Don't you think it's time to give it a rest?