Music The official punk/post-punk/new wave thread

onemanarmy

I went to see Radio Birdman this weekend. Those guys still kick ass! Absolute legends of the punk movement.

HarlanEiffler

Loving this song at the moment

Sunny Day Real Estate are great :) one of the great bands of 90s Emo...

Currently, I am listening to a lot of Verse again. Their Aggression album is probably one of the most intense first listenings I have ever hat, incredible energy and rage.

onemanarmy

Going to see Hot Snakes for the second time this month tomorrow. Can't wait. Still hoping for some new Rocket From The Crypt tour dates.

onemanarmy

Feckin Jawbreaker playing at Groezrock festival in Belgium. Unreal, never thought I would get a chance to see them.

HarlanEiffler

State Faults is also really nice. Found them down the spotify-rabbit hole of Birds in Row (awesome band from France).

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
New AFI

I'm really liking that, gotta say.

There was one released last month too which was good.

Trash Bat is my fave of those two from the upcoming EP so far.

RedRoach

Great thread @Olly

For me Motorama are hugely underrated. Alps is one of my favorite albums of all time. The title song is immense

Another one of my favorite current bands is Skeleton Hands. Their last 2 albums have been outstanding for me:

Also although their newer stuff is quite poppy Future Islands earlier albums are amazing. Inch of Dust is just an awesome song:

In fact On the water and “In the Evening Air” are their 2 best albums and way darker and edgier than the newer stuff.

Revaulx

Rip Pete Shelley :(
Writer of some of the most perfect pop songs ever. I must have seen Buzzcocks at least six times when they were in their pomp, including a memorable night at the Electric Circus which got besieged by disco-loving Collyhurst scallies thirsting for blood. Happy days :D

arthurka

Writer of some of the most perfect pop songs ever. I must have seen Buzzcocks at least six times when they were in their pomp, including a memorable night at the Electric Circus which got besieged by disco-loving Collyhurst scallies thirsting for blood. Happy days :D
Fully agree . Writer of some of my fav songs.
The world lost a great man.

RIP

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
My friend's band, who I was filling in on guitar for for a few gigs, supported The Buzzcocks a few years ago. Pete was a terrifically nice guy. He watched all the bands and hung around in the crowd talking to people until it was his time to go on, and he just stepped on stage. I assumed that punk bands from that era who are still going would just go through the motions on stage (ahem Stiff Little Fingers) but he was a great performer. A sad loss, but leaves behind a great legacy, and at least one song that just about everybody could sing the chorus to.

Moriarty

Sad news. I loved the Buzzcocks. 61 is no age these days.

onemanarmy

Anyone seen the Epix' show "Punk", made by Iggy? 4 episodes about the 4 different decades of punk. Pretty good, some different people got interviewed in stead of the usual suspects (Hello, Henry Rollins). Loved seeing bands such as DOA and bikini kill getting a lot of screentime.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Our old new wave band are getting back together. I'm the keyboard man got lots of practice to do

DavelinaJolie

I discovered New Model Army the other day. Only listened to the following two albums as of yet, but I like what I've heard so far
NMA are fricking ace, I got into them a long while ago thanks to Skyclad's cover of "Master Race" and even though that was around the time of "Strange Brotherhood" I couldn't get enough of them. Think they went off the boil after that album though, still a great live band though. From "No Rest.." through to "Love of Hopeless Causes" is one of my favourite run of albums from a single band.

onemanarmy

Just heard Social Distortion is coming to my favorite Belgian festival (Sjock), next year. Awesome.

Saw The Briefs and night birds last weekend. The Briefs was about 12-15 years ago I think, still have great songs. Night Birds disappointed me a bit. It's one of the few more recent punkrock bands I often listen too. They didn't get the crowd going. Hopefully next time they'll play a small venue in stead of a festival.

HarlanEiffler

Deutsche Laichen, a new German punk band just released their debut. It's very street, the lyrics sometimes a bit cliché, but they have raw power and fury. Like it.

onemanarmy

For a little while, Dead Stop was probably the best hardcore band around. From fecking Belgium. Unfortunately, they only played for a couple of years, but I'm glad I've seen them live couple of times. Their last show was in the (for us) legendary Lintfabriek. Lintfabriek was our own CBGB's (light). Crazy number of bands have played there, it was a small terraced house in a small town. From early Green Day and The Offspring, to the Mars Volta and At the drive-in, Pavement, Kill your idols, Sick of it all and tons of other bands.

Nobody probably cares, just being nostalgic :lol:

bucky

For a little while, Dead Stop was probably the best hardcore band around. From fecking Belgium. Unfortunately, they only played for a couple of years, but I'm glad I've seen them live couple of times. Their last show was in the (for us) legendary Lintfabriek. Lintfabriek was our own CBGB's (light). Crazy number of bands have played there, it was a small terraced house in a small town. From early Green Day and The Offspring, to the Mars Volta and At the drive-in, Pavement, Kill your idols, Sick of it all and tons of other bands.

Nobody probably cares, just being nostalgic :lol:
Modern Life is War and Another Breath were the best hardcore bands around then. I think you are biased. ;) Show looks fun though.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I was fortunate enough to catch these fellas at Roskilde Festival this year. Brilliant show, beautiful sound.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Badass? :lol:

It's called not taking text on a computer screen seriously. And hating Bengalis with every inch of my soul. Fishy cnuts.
Just seen this. Seven years have passed and you're still no closer to qualifying as a Bengali.

Maybe in the next lifetime though, if you improve yourself for the rest of this one.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Angelic upstarts?

Who killed Liddle Towers........