The Overlap Live: An Audience With Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher & Roy Keane

ShinjiNinja26

This has been taken out of context to make him look bad. It’s been worded very badly no doubt but he was comparing it in football terms and in no way trying to disrespect the people who lost their lives. Literally goes on to explain himself seconds later but this fella has cropped the video before you can hear his explanation.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ty was not there, so it's already a win. But the Arsenal segment was a bit boring to be honest, nothing really interesting. The Spurs guy is a live version of the Arsenal thread "you spent 200M you should be going for the league" :boring:
Tottenham being able to close down on Liverpool and fight for 2nd/3rd was a weird one from Neville. I think they would need a catastrophic chain of events for it to happen.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Pretty much agree with whatever Nev said about United. ETH came into a tough job and it’s been made much worse by Ronaldo & the recruitment. You genuinely watch that show & think about the attacks of the big clubs and then try to see how in this world are we planning to compete with what we have

Fooza

Pretty much agree with whatever Nev said about United. ETH came into a tough job and it’s been made much worse by Ronaldo & the recruitment. You genuinely watch that show & think about the attacks of the big clubs and then try to see how in this world are we planning to compete with what we have
Was just going to write this

I agree

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
try to see how in this world are we planning to compete with what we have
Glazers want to be 4th place, so we are now competing with Arsenal, West Ham and Lester.

Any person that believes our hierarchy wants us to be at the top needs their head examined.

Elcabron

Glazers want to be 4th place, so we are now competing with Arsenal, West Ham and Lester.

Any person that believes our hierarchy wants us to be at the top needs their head examined.
I'd tend to agree were it not for us outspending just about everyone over the last 10 years. The Glazers did try and recruit Pep and Klopp but Fergie and Woodward took it in turns to feck that up. Had we recruited either, combined with the spending I think we would be top 1 or 2 the last few years.

Also I've no doubt that we have spent more combined than the three teams you mentioned over the period.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ty was not there, so it's already a win. But the Arsenal segment was a bit boring to be honest, nothing really interesting. The Spurs guy is a live version of the Arsenal thread "you spent 200M you should be going for the league" :boring:
Tottenham being able to close down on Liverpool and fight for 2nd/3rd was a weird one from Neville. I think they would need a catastrophic chain of events for it to happen.
That Spurs fan was a bit cocky. Seems like signing Lenglet and Richarlison has made him think they’re the undisputed 3rd best side in the league. They’ll be in for a surprise.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pretty boring that. I do think Neville is right about Arsenal though, they lack leaders in comparison to the other big clubs around them.

Lynty

Is it even worth watching without a Ty meltdown.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
That only fans Chelsea lass is insufferable.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The Overlap Fan debate seem to employ psychology tactic. Most of the time the big boys are sitting on a higher floor than the rest. "We have the high ground. We are kings, you are not.".

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That only fans Chelsea lass is insufferable.
Unfortunately a lot of the fan channels have atrocious football knowledge but are popular for other reasons. I think Robbie from AFTV, the Liverpool and Everton lads have decent knowledge, the City fan too despite being annoying. Her and the Spurs lad are wank.

Oranges038

The City fan, "we've only got 2 fullbacks".

Pep's spent almost half a billion on fullbacks and still ends up having 2.

Dan

Had to turn that one off after half way through, far too much interruptions going on.

Dominos

I don't understand why fans get so defensive and offended at the suggestion their team could miss out on top 4.

There's 6 teams going for 4 spots. Even if 6 teams have a great season, 2 of them have to miss out. It's not a slight on any team to think they may miss out but just an acknowledgement that the competition is difficult and it will be a close race.

So many Arsenal fans are bizarrely overconfident, they have as much chance as anyone else of getting 3rd or 4th but by the same token they have as much chance as anyone else of taking 5th or 6th.

SuperiorXI

I don't understand why fans get so defensive and offended at the suggestion their team could miss out on top 4.

There's 6 teams going for 4 spots. Even if 6 teams have a great season, 2 of them have to miss out. It's not a slight on any team to think they may miss out but just an acknowledgement that the competition is difficult and it will be a close race.

So many Arsenal fans are bizarrely overconfident, they have as much chance as anyone else of getting 3rd or 4th but by the same token they have as much chance as anyone else of taking 5th or 6th.
The way they're going on you'd have thought they'd have already dispatched one or two of the "top 6" when all they've faced is relegation teams and a work in progress United (which they lost to).

arthurka

Carra is intolerable he is always blabbering and spouting his shit over the people he is supposed to be listening to.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Carragher is the worst part about these. He is a pundit so he thinks he knows more about football than anyone in a room, yet when talking about managers and players he has not got that much knowledge because he has never tried management.

He just keeps regurgitating the same nonsense about Martinez being too short, there is far more to being a CB than heading and aerial presence.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Robbie is far too biased with Arsenal. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with him about them. Ty is way more fecking annoying than him but surprisingly both are equally irritating to debate on the subject.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Robbie is far too biased with Arsenal. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with him about them. Ty is way more fecking annoying than him but surprisingly both are equally irritating to debate on the subject.
Every "popular" Arsenal fan that gets invited are too biased and annoying. Liked the United one in the middle, forgot his name, didn't have to shout like a 6y old to express himself.

Dominos

Carragher endeared me in this one simply because he's the only pundit brave enough to point out it's a clear foul on Eriksen. Everyone else are sheep going with the "too soft" narrative.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's done an incredible job with that channel engineering the false impression that's he a calm knowledgable guy.
You get a taster of his bitterness when United are mentioned though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Carragher endeared me in this one simply because he's the only pundit brave enough to point out it's a clear foul on Eriksen. Everyone else are sheep going with the "too soft" narrative.
I can't remember such an obvious foul being debated for so long.

It's all that donut of a ref's fault, allowing it to go, and a goal arising.

If he blows immediately, there's absolutely nothing to make that foul stand out above 25-30 fouls every game.

Djemba-Djemba

If he blows immediately, there's absolutely nothing to make that foul stand out above 25-30 fouls every game.
Yeah exactly right.

I couldn't believe how long the ref took when looking at the monitor, he should have seen it in real time.

It was just a blatant foul.

SteveTheRed

It's funny isn't it. I've had Arsenal fans at work saying how soft it was, never a foul...then proceed to tell me about other incidents when there was contact against Saka in the box that wasn't a penalty and it should have been?

So what is it? They're annoyed that VAR caught this one and not in their previous games. Not because of the actual challenge. That's the rub of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's funny isn't it. I've had Arsenal fans at work saying how soft it was, never a foul...then proceed to tell me about other incidents when there was contact against Saka in the box that wasn't a penalty and it should have been?

So what is it? They're annoyed that VAR caught this one and not in their previous games. Not because of the actual challenge. That's the rub of it.
There truly is nothing more tedious than whataboutery.

"What about in 2008 when xxx did yyyy at www" etc.

Normally the domain of Liverpool fans when their current hot head has done something wrong.

Oh but what about Cantona in 1994 :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like Carragher but he’s being weird about Martinez. Wish they’ve have gone into it more about how he was happy to judge him after 2 games but now suddenly it’s “too early to judge” after 6 games where he’s been great in the last 4.

Withnail

I like Carragher but he’s being weird about Martinez. Wish they’ve have gone into it more about how he was happy to judge him after 2 games but now suddenly it’s “too early to judge” after 6 games where he’s been great in the last 4.
One of the paddock lads seemed to be making that point but it got drowned out.

Fully Fledged

It had to be a Scouser who couldn't accept Dermot Gallagher's view of the incident.