The Overlap Live Fan Debate

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Enjoyed that. I feel they tried to bury the point of the United fan about the way the media portrays Kane's behavior compared to other players before him.
The Ty section was a bit embarassing as expected, they knew what they were getting by inviting him...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Enjoyed that. I feel they tried to bury the point of the United fan about the way the media portrays Kane's behavior compared to other players before him.
The Ty section was a bit embarassing as expected, they knew what they were getting by inviting him...
Agreed. Neville in particular didn't want to hear a bad word said about Kane.

Oggmonster

I dunno if they tried to bury it more that it was going round in circles and getting nowhere and they want to move the show on. Neville has had his say on it and I don't agree with him but there is limited time and no one was budging so what's the point dwelling on it. It reminded me of a pissed up row in a pub where no one is willing to budge and it makes boring listening/watching really. Out of all of it Carragher made the better point that it was obvious everyone has an agenda in the debate which the City fan summed up perfectly by basically just wanted Spurs to let Kane go.

It was enjoyable, the 3 of them are very good together. The Ty bit in the middle got old fast cos he was shouting over the lady making good points and he never adds anything to bits like this. I imagine part 2 might be relegation and the rest of the league otherwise bit of a wasted journey for the rest of the fans there! Wouldn't be happy being a Norwich fan getting to Hotel Football and not being asked a question.

cyberman

It’s strange how having a YouTube channel gets you this sort of profile. Adam is literally a professional Utd supporter and I never heard anything insightful from him

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s strange how having a YouTube channel gets you this sort of profile. Adam is literally a professional Utd supporter and I never heard anything insightful from him
Yeah I don’t get it. I suppose it’s who he knows not what he knows

Josh 76

Carragher loves talking about how much Utd have spent over the years.

Good interview with the 3 of them but i really don't see why all these channels keep inviting random fans to get involved. I don't care what 23 stone Dave from Wigan thinks about his local club.

The United guy was spot on about the double standard with Harry Kane though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Some Arsenal fan whose become a celebrity. I'm probably going to avoid watching this as it's got someone from that absolutely woeful Arsenal fan TV in it.
On merit someone like Lee Judges or another AFTV member who isn't DT should have been invited. Judges is a character in his own right but he's at least on planet earth and can see Arsenal for what it is.

Amarsdd

Good interview with the 3 of them but i really don't see why all these channels keep inviting random fans to get involved. I don't care what 23 stone Dave from Wigan thinks about his local club.

tbf all the fans there, except for Ty, added to a good discussion.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think it's important to keep these things in mind. Like i know United have money and can spend but when he just listed every player and their prices (bar the slight overexageration on Shaw) it does hit different. You do have extremely expensive options at almost every spot.

Josh 76

I think it's important to keep these things in mind. Like i know United have money and can spend but when he just listed every player and their prices (bar the slight overexageration on Shaw) it does hit different. You do have extremely expensive options at almost every spot.
Utd have always spent big. Even in the 80s.

SirAF

Ageist

This, it’s completely uninteresting.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

The caf is basically Dave 23 stone from Wigan en masse. No offense Dave

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Helps increase the number of people viewing their video.

The Overlap has 122k youtube subscribers
Adam McKola has 112k youtube subscribers plus 150k followers on twitter
AFTV have 1.35M youtube subscribers plus 567.9k followers on twitter

The people they invite spread word about the video, it gets more views and the channel gets more subscribers.

Remember the geese

I don't know why, but there's something about Adam McKola that I find quite unlikeable or at least difficult to warm to. I get a feeling of smuggery from him. Possibly self-importance or self-entitlement.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't know why, but there's something about Adam McKola that I find quite unlikeable or at least difficult to warm to. I get a feeling of smuggery from him. Possibly self-importance or self-entitlement.
I get that from him too to be fair, comes across a bit smug.

He may be a nice enough guy off camera, I'm sure of it, but when discussing United it seems like he's always right.

Amarsdd

I get that from him too to be fair, comes across a bit smug.

He may be a nice enough guy off camera, I'm sure of it, but when discussing United it seems like he's always right.
When he's trying to get his point across in other people's channels he does come across as smug. But on Stretford Paddock (the previously Fulltimedevils) and even on the Kick-off where he can banter with other people, he's much more likable. I find him to be one of the more reasonable "fan channel' fans out there from the ones I heard from.

Dante

Average bang
McKola's a bit dim. I never feel as though I'm getting any insight or knowledge when he speaks. He also likes to randomly break into song for no good reason.

But he's a diehard fan and has the best interests of the club at heart so I can't begrudge him any of that. The passion he speaks with also makes him surprisingly engaging.

I watch him regularly on Stretford Paddock and think he's a decent enough bloke overall. So in that respect I'm a fan. He's someone I'd want to have a drink with, but probably not want to be sober with.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why that bloke instead of Goldbridge? Neither are insightful but at least Mark can be entertaining. I mean, you brought Ty along, so why not go the full hog.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You have spent a lot with not enough good return since 2013 tbf. Prior to that you were winning everything so no one takes a second look at the money spent when that's happening.

Adam Mckola is such a twat. Thinks he's Mr Man United, and thinks he knows more about the inner workings of football than Carragher, Keane and Neville. Cannot stand the Brummie cnut.

Kag

Keane has a lot of interesting things to say when he isn’t being a cartoon character on Sky.

RedDevilRoshi

Why that bloke instead of Goldbridge? Neither are insightful but at least Mark can be entertaining. I mean, you brought Ty along, so why not go the full hog.
Jeez, no way! Goldbridge would have bored us all the to death.

Amarsdd

Keane has a lot of interesting things to say when he isn’t being a cartoon character on Sky.
The most interesting thing for me was that he has a soft spot for Spurs and used to follow them when he was a kid. Is he known to be a Spurs fan when he was a kid?

Josh 76

You have spent a lot with not enough good return since 2013 tbf. Prior to that you were winning everything so no one takes a second look at the money spent when that's happening.
We all know Utd have spent a lot of money, what I’m saying is Garragher loves throwing it in their when he is not wining an argument. Does it all the fecking time.

Then he brings in Robertson’s 8m transfer to try and cover Klopps spending.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:lol: nail on the head.