Other The podcast thread

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If you like history this is a new podcast. Listened to the first two (Boudica and The Spartans) and it’s a good listen!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
After a long, long wait Hardcore History will be dropping the next episode soon. It will probably be the length of a short audio book...

Castia

Attitude Era for those of us who miss the greatest era of wrasslin'

I enjoy JR’s podcast

Some pretty good stories and inside information from back in the day. They usually go through a old pay per view and talk about the ideas and reasoning behind the booking.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I enjoy JR’s podcast

Some pretty good stories and inside information from back in the day. They usually go through a old pay per view and talk about the ideas and reasoning behind the booking.
might check that out!

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Started on “30 for 30” recently. It seems to be sports related stories covering a wide range.
The 1st one I heard was about some ex UConn female basketball players feeling underpaid in the WNBA so they went to Russia to play. Quite good.

JoaquinJoaquin

Started on “30 for 30” recently. It seems to be sports related stories covering a wide range.
The 1st one I heard was about some ex UConn female basketball players feeling underpaid in the WNBA so they went to Russia to play. Quite good.
It's based on the TV shows, which are very good. I recommend them.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Thanks to the now banned @LuisNainencia for his Happy Face recommendation. Great, but dark listen.

This thread really needs new suggestions though. What's the last great podcast you heard?

muller

Stephen Fry's 7 Sins is very good.

Over the last few months:

Finally finished Hardcore Histories - Blueprint for Armageddon.
13 Minutes to the Moon - wow
The Tip Off - some really good, some ok. But enjoyable short stories
Evil Genius - Generally pretty good.
You're Dead To Me - All realy really enjoyable.

muller

Evil Genius - Generally pretty good.
Latest episode is George Best.

In short, 3 people have to decide if someone is evil or a genius based on their whole life.

For example, Ghandi was great but a bit of a racist and a peado (maybe).

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If you're into golf I couldn't recommend No Laying Up and The Shotgun Start enough. Also if you're into guitar then The Guitar Hour is awesome too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So for those who like True Crime Podcasts i just listened to a good one. It’s called Hunting Warhead. It tells the story of a task force who’s hunting down the worlds largest child abuse website on the dark web.

It basically starts out with a white-hat hacker who notices this disturbing website and forum and then it goes from there. Needless to say, the subject matter is absolutely fecking grim, but the investigation itself is very intriguing and interesting, as is the interviews with people who knew the person who was running the website.

muller

So for those who like True Crime Podcasts i just listened to a good one. It’s called Hunting Warhead. It tells the story of a task force who’s hunting down the worlds largest child abuse website on the dark web.

It basically starts out with a white-hat hacker who notices this disturbing website and forum and then it goes from there. Needless to say, the subject matter is absolutely fecking grim, but the investigation itself is very intriguing and interesting, as is the interviews with people who knew the person who was running the website.
Cheers mate, sounds interestesting.

Tiber

Abroad in Japan with Chris Broad and Pete Donaldson.

I know this is an ancient post, but I wasn't expecting Abroad in Japan to show up in the first four posts. Big fan of Abroad in Japan, I have no real interest in ever traveling to Japan, but its an interesting show.

I love The Fish Tank, its a Miami Dolphins postcast hosted by former Dolphin O.J. McDuffie and former team press officer Seth Levit

I drift in and out of it, but I have been listening to The West Wing Weekly for years. I love West Wing and this show goes through the series episode by epsoide, it is hosted by one of the main cast and has loads of great guest stars from the show.
Because I enjoy West Wing Weekly, I was very excited when Jenna Fischer announced that she was doing office ladies (same thing, but for The Office - one of the best shows ever made) but I wasn't really into the first few episodes. It felt very forced and scripted.

Oh and I genuinely do listen the RedCafe podcast when I get a chance, usually a good show.

I enjoy podcasts, especially when i'm grinding in Destiny or driving, but would listen to more of them if I had never discovered Audiobooks. Audible is amazing.

SirAF

Ageist
I know this is an ancient post, but I wasn't expecting Abroad in Japan to show up in the first four posts. Big fan of Abroad in Japan, I have no real interest in ever traveling to Japan, but its an interesting show.
Brilliant! It seems to a popular but yet obscure podcast. Pete’s laugh is life itself :lol:

Red_Aaron

I've really fallen for athletico mince, only discovered it a couple of weeks ago and I'm gutted that I'm on the brink of catching up.

If you like Bob Mortimer and silly comedy in general its a great listen. It takes a good few episodes to settle in but once it does its a great laugh

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
For fans of The Sopranos, Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa are doing a Podcast next month where they talk about the show, episode by episode. They're going to get other cast members, writers, directors, etc to talk with them. As a massive fan myself, i can't wait. Should be great.

zing

Zingle balls
Artificial Intelligence by Lex Fridman is the best one I've listened to.

Mindspace by Sean Carroll is good.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My go to podcasts are :
Adam Buxton Podcast
Golazzo : The Totally Italian Football show
Intercept
Broken Record

OleBoiii

In order to not get bored to death while chilling in the park, I started listening to Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell. I've picked 3 random episodes and they've all been good:

- Blame Game
- Saigon, 1965
- The Obscure Virus Club

I particularly liked the first two.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
In order to not get bored to death while chilling in the park, I started listening to Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell. I've picked 3 random episodes and they've all been good:

- Blame Game
- Saigon, 1965
- The Obscure Virus Club

I particularly liked the first two.
No matter what you think of Gladwell in terms of his liking for a corporate sponsor, the guy tells an incredible story every single time.

The episodes on the American college system and on the civil rights movement were brilliant.

entropy

No matter what you think of Gladwell in terms of his liking for a corporate sponsor, the guy tells an incredible story every single time.

The episodes on the American college system and on the civil rights movement were brilliant.
Have you read any of the op-eds about his work? I used to enjoy his style of storytelling but have stayed away from it because there are a lot of pitfalls in his interpretations. I remember talking to a friend of mine who works in early childhood education and she hates him for spreading misinformation on learning disabilities in one of his books.

SirAF

Ageist
Two first episodes of Park Predators were fairly interesting.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Conan O'Brien has a new podcast on Earwolf. Didn't expect him to do it.. but I can listen to him talk any day.. Will Ferrell and Kristen Bell as the first 2 guests.
My Favourite Murder has a charm to it. Not sure how I put up with the annoying accents, but they can be funny whilst talking about killers.
I also like these, somewhat against my better judgement in the latter case. I should find the hosts more annoying than I do.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have been working my way through the backlog of Reply All podcasts. Most have been excellent examples of tech-adjacent reporting.

I also really enjoy The Dollup. It’s not for everyone, but if you like history (mostly American unless they are doing a live event in another country, then they do a story from there) and you like humor then this is great.

Abizzz

I enjoy this:
http://theinfrastructureshow.com/

The podcasts are short, infrequent, and generally just a phone call. All that leads to condensed information without any thought put into the entertainment element of it. Exactly my cup of tea.