The Real Madrid Outlet is Open | for just over 24 hours

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
For the summer

Basically everyone's for sale except Ronaldo, Ozil, Casillas, Ramos and Varane. Make the right bid and take your pick. Make an even better bid and maybe you can get one of those first five.

My guess on Ronaldo is the only way Madrid will let him go is if they manage to gazump Barcelona on Neymar.

The current favourites to leave quickly are:
Higuain - maybe to Juventus
Coentrao
Di Maria

With Pepe and Benzema are also getting mentions as having potential bidders.

Adan, Carvalho and Essien have basically already gone - just waiting to sign up somewhere.

Such is the sad state of Kaka no one even mentions him. He's untransferable on his present wages, if he takes a huge wage cut Madrid may give him away - provided they've got another Brazil international on the books.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Modric a definite yes. Di Maria and Coentrao maybe?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
People have given Ashley Young his fair share of criticism for simulation...Di Maria feigns injury on top of simulation but somehow seems to pop up as a wanted man from Madrid on the Caf.

Logic is missing.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I have a feeling this year will be monstrous in terms of buying for Madrid. This could be 09 summer all over again. Not quite £220 million, but I can see them going over £100 mil easily.

Count Orduck

I always find it fascinating when Madrid do these total squad overhauls every four or five years. They sell ten or more players (half of whom will go on to be brilliant for European rivals) and buy in flavour-of-the-month replacements. Then, four to five years later, only the very best of those newcomers (Ronaldo, Ozil) are spared from being shipped out in the next cull.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People have given Ashley Young his fair share of criticism for simulation...Di Maria feigns injury on top of simulation but somehow seems to pop up as a wanted man from Madrid on the Caf.

Logic is missing.
Di Maria is much better than Young though, that makes a difference. Bale has been criticised for simulation too, we'd still sign him. Anyways, I thought Di Maria's behaviour had improved in recent times? Don't think he's quite as bad as he used to be.

Devil may care

If they get rid of Benzema and Higuain they are going to need to buy a couple of strikers and don't seem in contention for the big 3.

I'm not really sure I want any of their players, I wouldn't be against Modric or Di Maria I guess but neither would excite me as signings right now.

Skywarden

Will Sahin return to Madrid? I'd pick him up. There's still hope for the guy.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I have a feeling this year will be monstrous in terms of buying for Madrid. This could be 09 summer all over again. Not quite £220 million, but I can see them going over £100 mil easily.
I can see the logic but whos ("galactico") on the market really?

Cavani, Falcao, Rooney, Bale & Neymar (who I think will be staying until WC). Lewandowski & Goetze are probably Bayern bound. They're not signing anyone from Bayern. City & Chelsea will provide a bidding war against them for the CF's...Neymar - if he moves, seems to be heading to Barca.

Which leaves Bale. Can they accommodate both Bale & Ronaldo? Will be an interesting summer though - especially if they're really clearing out 5-6 players. I'd expect someone like Zlatan might want I follow Ancelotti to Madrid.

Count Orduck

If they get rid of Benzema and Higuain they are going to need to buy a couple of strikers and don't seem in contention for the big 3.

I'm not really sure I want any of their players, I wouldn't be against Modric or Di Maria I guess but neither would excite me as signings right now.

The "big three"? Not heard that phrase. Falcao, Cavani and...?

NotoriousISSY

Di Maria is much better than Young though, that makes a difference. Bale has been criticised for simulation too, we'd still sign him. Anyways, I thought Di Maria's behaviour had improved in recent times? Don't think he's quite as bad as he used to be.
Only makes a difference to the fickle IMO. As long as a player is slightly better (Di Maria isn't exactly a world class superstar is he), simulation and feigning injury is ok. He's one of the most cringeworthy players I've laid eyes on, and really irked me recently in the Copa del Rey final. This man is closer to an actor than he is a footballer at times.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can see the logic but whos ("galactico") on the market really?

Cavani, Falcao, Rooney, Bale & Neymar (who I think will be staying until WC). Lewandowski & Goetze are probably Bayern bound. They're not signing anyone from Bayern. City & Chelsea will provide a bidding war against them for the CF's...Neymar - if he moves, seems to be heading to Barca.

Which leaves Bale. Can they accommodate both Bale & Ronaldo? Will be an interesting summer though - especially if they're really clearing out 5-6 players. I'd expect someone like Zlatan might want I follow Ancelotti to Madrid.
You pretty much named the big names who have been mooted to move this summer, bar Gotze who is going to Bayern for certain. Since it's the presidential elections coming this summer again, if they do clear out they will replace those with better players. The only position I can't see them replacing like for like or better is Coentrao; Left back is such a rare position nowadays to have a good bunch of great talent available, but for other positions there are options. If Di Maria goes they could go for Bale (don't understand him leaving, think he's one of their only game changers), if Benzema or Higuain go they can bid for all those strikers above, if Kaka goes there must be a CAM available somewhere they could snap up. Those are just some people they reckon will leave; they even reckon Pepe would leave, so they could be in the market for a CB, but they would probably just be backup as they have Ramos and Varane as their central partnership now. I can really see one of the high profile strikers going there for big bucks, and they are going to really push for Bale if he doesn't sign that contract for Spurs.

Is it bad that I'd still want us making eyes at former muppet wet dream Benzema?
We don't want someone's sloppy seconds do we?

Zen

Who can Real Madrid legitimately buy to put themselves back on the map like they usually do?

Messi ain't moving, neither are most of the Barca/Bayern stars, and they already have Ronaldo. So unlike their previous "galactico" raids, it's gonna be a player outside the top 10 best in the world, depending on where you rank certain players I guess. Bale/Falcao are probably the best they are looking at. Seems a little surreal.....reckon they'll push for Rooney too, but whether he wants it(not going to Chelsea i mean) is another thing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You pretty much named the big names who have been mooted to move this summer, bar Gotze who is going to Bayern for certain. Since it's the presidential elections coming this summer again, if they do clear out they will replace those with better players. The only position I can't see them replacing like for like or better is Coentrao; Left back is such a rare position nowadays to have a good bunch of great talent available, but for other positions there are options. If Di Maria goes they could go for Bale (don't understand him leaving, think he's one of their only game changers), if Benzema or Higuain go they can bid for all those strikers above, if Kaka goes there must be a CAM available somewhere they could snap up. Those are just some people they reckon will leave; they even reckon Pepe would leave, so they could be in the market for a CB, but they would probably just be backup as they have Ramos and Varane as their central partnership now. I can really see one of the high profile strikers going there for big bucks, and they are going to really push for Bale if he doesn't sign that contract for Spurs.

We don't want someone's sloppy seconds do we?
Yep, it's shaping up to be a muppets wet dream this summer - especially with all this managerial merry go round.

Bale, Cavani/Zlatan & a CB maybe, whilst snapping up a couple of cheaper options as cover (LB etc) from la Liga.

Count Orduck

I can genuinely see them moving for Zlatan if there's even an inkling he's available, especially if they get Ancelotti. I mean, he's still supremely talented and his playing style means he shouldn't decline with age and thus they'll still get a good few years out of him. He might have failed at Barcelona but that was more because he was simply incompatible with how they play, and Real Madrid are a much more direct team, which I think will suit him more. Not to mention, he'll have no problem playing for them even though he's already played for Barcelona (hasn't he played for all three big clubs in Italy, for example?).

Also, when Man City signed Kunt Aguero, wasn't it hugely rumoured he was using them as a stepping stone to play for Madrid based on the fact that Atlético would never sell to them directly? So that's a possibility.

And of course there's always the possibility, if they're looking for a skillful second strker who can run at defences and make things happen, that they'll make a move for Suarez.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I can genuinely see them moving for Zlatan if there's even an inkling he's available, especially if they get Ancelotti. I mean, he's still supremely talented and his playing style means he shouldn't decline with age and thus they'll still get a good few years out of him. He might have failed at Barcelona but that was more because he was simply incompatible with how they play, and Real Madrid are a much more direct team, which I think will suit him more. Not to mention, he'll have no problem playing for them even though he's already played for Barcelona (hasn't he played for all three big clubs in Italy, for example?).

Also, when Man City signed Kunt Aguero, wasn't it hugely rumoured he was using them as a stepping stone to play for Madrid based on the fact that Atlético would never sell to them directly? So that's a possibility.

And of course there's always the possibility, if they're looking for a skillful second strker who can run at defences and make things happen, that they'll make a move for Suarez.
I definitely don't see Zlatan having a issue signing for Madrid. I think he'd also welcome the consolation prize if it irks Barca (which I doubt it will tbh).

Aguero's another for sure - though they're going to find it difficult buying him from the sheikhs. Suarez is a good shout as well.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Falcao I reckon won't move there, too much "politics" going on for him to go. I would be genuinely shocked if he does though. Cavani may be a move, that would certainly put them back up there.

Their ideal summer would go like this:

1) They hire Ancelotti as manager
2) They get rid of players such as Higuain, Pepe and Kaka, keeping the rest.
3) They keep Ronaldo
4) Bale doesn't sign a new contract, and wants to play CL football now, signs for RM (£40-45 mil)
5)Cavani doesn't choose City or Chelsea, and moves to RM (£50 mil)
6) Unlikely, but one of Hummels, Kompany or David Luiz gets signed by RM out of the blue (£30m)
7) Buy some fillers into the team to keep the bench strong

Then they could line up like this:

----------------Casillas--------

Ramos-Komp/Luiz/Hum-Varane-Marcelo

--------- -Alonso----Khedira--------

Bale-------------Ozil------------Ronaldo

----------------Cavani-----------------

That's sort of stuff you see happening only on fifa or football manager: Not only do they have an even better strike force, but the improvement of their defense too. The CB buy like I said would be spontaneous, because I haven't heard of any other top CBs looking to be moving.

I certainly didn't see the last round of superstar purchasing happening last time, it could very well happen this year too. Whether or not it will guarantee them success is another thing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Only makes a difference to the fickle IMO. As long as a player is slightly better (Di Maria isn't exactly a world class superstar is he), simulation and feigning injury is ok. He's one of the most cringeworthy players I've laid eyes on, and really irked me recently in the Copa del Rey final. This man is closer to an actor than he is a footballer at times.
Football is a fickle game though. Players with talent get forgiven for things that lesser players would be crucified for. It might not be right but it's the way it is. Obviously it doesn't make simulation or feigning injury okay but I don't think that would stop us if we thought he'd improve the team. After all, we've had the likes of Young, Nani and Ronaldo in our team despite other teams' fans regularly accusing them of diving. It might be that Di Maria is worse than any of them but the principle is the same.

As you said, he's not a world class superstar. He would probably be our best winger though.

manutddjw

Modric is a no brainer and he's improved his workrate and defensive aspects of his game as well.

I'd take Di Maria, but that hinges on what happens with Nani. I'd prefer if we kept Nani instead, but If Nani goes I'd want us to buy another winger. If he stays, there's no need for Di Maria.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
If we can't pry Ronaldo loose I'd definitely want take a shot of Modric. Sure, he'd cost a lot but isn't the idea to strengthen the squad to be able to make a deep run in the CL? If I'm right about that we need to bring in at least one player of that quality.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
They're planning to take Carvajal back (from Leverkusen) and would like to lend or sell (with buyback clauses) a couple more cantera players to them.

It's believed they'll go after Lewandowski, Bale, Isco, Cavani and if Barcelona can't do the deal for Neymar (the multiowner business is muddying the water) they'll go after him as well. Of course that's not quite who they'll end up buying but it probably tells you the kind of people they're fishing for.

Hence why they need a bit of cash :smirk:

Nickosaur

They'll buy that Daniel Carvajal bloke from Leverkusen for RB won't they?

EDIT: Dammit Jojo

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Surprised more aren't interested in Coentrao, isn't that a position that could use strengthening?

NotoriousISSY

Surprised more aren't interested in Coentrao, isn't that a position that could use strengthening?
Think it's just the concept of most would of taken pretty much any of their squad before they had gone to Madrid, but now wouldn't be too impressed with signing them unless it was Ozil, Modric or Ronaldo who are some favourites on here.

Was it the 2010 world cup where Coentrao decided to become this amazing adventurous full back which got everyone wanting?

Dominos

Di Maria and Coentrao are on my wishlist.

Modric I can take or leave, he's the oldest and most expensive out of the 3, I'd look at sorting our midfield elsewhere.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
They're planning to take Carvajal back (from Leverkusen) and would like to lend or sell (with buyback clauses) a couple more cantera players to them.

It's believed they'll go after Lewandowski, Bale, Isco, Cavani and if Barcelona can't do the deal for Neymar (the multiowner business is muddying the water) they'll go after him as well. Of course that's not quite who they'll end up buying but it probably tells you the kind of people they're fishing for.

Hence why they need a bit of cash :smirk:
German newspapers insist that Lewandowski is either going to Bayern or nowhere.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Why no alonso mentioned? He is the player we would benefit us most from Madrid in my view. Perfect to partner Carrick, and fulfill Carrick's contribution should he get injured.

Di Maria is another i'd get given the chance. We could definitely benefit from another quality left footer.

----- Carrick -- Alonso -----

--Di Maria - Kagawa - Nani--

------------ RVP -----------

Looks pretty good to me. :drool: