The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Widnes

Ward may not care about Belts but he will probably care a lot about money, there is not another fight out there that will get him the cash fighting Froch in England will. Kessler and Froch got more for one nights work than what ward usually picks up in 2 or 3 fights and if they do fight again in the UK the purse will be even higher.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Ward may not care about Belts but he will probably care a lot about money, there is not another fight out there that will get him the cash fighting Froch in England will. Kessler and Froch got more for one nights work than what ward usually picks up in 2 or 3 fights and if they do fight again in the UK the purse will be even higher.
Froch & Kessler made around 2.5m each off this fight, HBO signed Ward from Showtime following the Super 6 on a deal that sees him make around 2m per fight.

A PPV in Vegas with Froch could perhaps net him more than fighting in England so this money issue is mute and your argument is factually incorrect...

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
That's fecking awesome, didn't think this fight would happen for a while yet!

Widnes

Froch & Kessler made around 2.5m each off this fight, HBO signed Ward from Showtime following the Super 6 on a deal that sees him make around 2m per fight.

A PPV in Vegas with Froch could perhaps net him more than fighting in England so this money issue is mute and your argument is factually incorrect...
I thought ward usually gets just over a million US dollars for his fights, regardless there isn't a bigger pay day for him in boxing than Froch, I would expect him to beat Froch so I don't see any reason why he should have a problem.

Widnes

I expect Mayweather to win on points, but I expect Canelo to enter the ring at the very least 20 pounds heavier than Floyd.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I expect Mayweather to win on points, but I expect Canelo to enter the ring at the very least 20 pounds heavier than Floyd.
Canelo just doesn't have the necessary attributes to beat Floyd. The jab isn't there, nor is the hand or foot speed. It being at a catch weight is pretty poor too. Floyd used to slag Pacquiao for such tactics.

Dan Rafael says that Khan will likely move up to fight Devon Alexander next. I see that as being the final eliminator to fight Floyd next.

Widnes

Canelo just doesn't have the necessary attributes to beat Floyd. The jab isn't there, nor is the hand or foot speed. It being at a catch weight is pretty poor too. Floyd used to slag Pacquiao for such tactics.

Dan Rafael says that Khan will likely move up to fight Devon Alexander next. I see that as being the final eliminator to fight Floyd next.
Yeh I think Floyd will win by about 10 rounds, khan v Alexander could be a decent fight, as much as I dislike Khan his fights are usually entertaining and he is probably doing the right thing avoiding Matthyse because he gets tagged far too often & think it would be a early stoppage.

Steven Seagull

Devon doesn't tend to be in entertaining fight so I hope this is better. Looking at 4 days in Vegas for the Floyd fight.
My two pals went to the fight vs Guerrero. Paid £400+ for some pretty shite seats and an extra 100k people visit the city for that weekend. Then you have huge problems trying to watch the fight somewhere else in the city.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Broner vs Malignaggi at the weekend, I can't stand Broner so hopefully Paulie causes an upset. Would be a huge result if he does though

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Looking forward to this, the build up has been quality!

Duafc

Village Lemon
:lol: Broner just taking all these flaps from Pauly and shaking his head like na.

Duafc

Village Lemon
I think he's holding back a bit and just taking all Pauly has with ease, teasing him. He'll stop him in the 8th, I reckon.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
:lol: feck he just tried to kick him in the balls

What a cnut!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Paulie just has no power, it's shocking how weak his punches look

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Lovely stuff from paulie. Threw loads, actually made Broner miss a fair bit, and frustrated the hell out of him!
Damn right, he's moved well and is much busier, but you get the feeling Broner will catch him at some point

Duafc

Village Lemon
He'll gas himself out and get caught, plus Broner still has a lot more to give offensively.

Only danger for Broner is taking the piss with him to much..

Duafc

Village Lemon
Broner's doing more pissing around than fighting. If he had opened up in the last 3 rounds this could have been over.

Frustrates me to see better fighters settle for grinding out decisions.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Those fecking arm punches by Paulie are annoying me

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Broner was underwhelming...never looked close to putting Paulie away, still looks hittable, and doesn't throw enough punches. Doesn't seem to have the sense to up his workrate enough to seal the closer rounds. Overall he looked the better fighter, but in terms of actually winning rounds he let Paulie make things far closer than it should have been. Utterly classless in victory as well, although Paulie didn't exactly shower himself in glory either!

Duafc

Village Lemon
Aye that's the long and the short of it.

Thing is, with all his dicking around with elbows, choking and kicking the nadgers he could have lost enough points to lose it.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
That was a little embarrassing for Broner. The general feeling was that he would blow Malignaggi out of the water inside 6 rounds to announce himself as the next superstar. In the end he made harder work of an old Paulie than any of the top fighters who have beaten him before, that includes Amir Khan! Bizarrely Broner is the Ring no 6 P4P fighter in the world despite never have beaten a fighter who has ever, at any point of their career, been in The Ring top 10 P4P fighters. Considering that strange Ring ranking and that bizarre refereeing performance; one where the ref saw and failed to take the appropriate action against a kick in the balls; an elbow to the head; punching on the break and two counts of overhead back punching, you do start to feel that Al Haymon does have undue influence with influential figures in the fight game.

I scored the fight 7 rounds to 5 for Broner but I can understand a wider Broner victory. It is hard to make a case for Paulie winning that fight in any light. Nonetheless I do not feel that Broner is close to the level of Ward, Pacquiao or Floyd. For me, he is still a hype job at this point, he lost on a good number of peoples scorecards against Ponce De Leon too. I remain to be convinced.