The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
For years Froch was ignored by British TV, ridiculous when you think how they showed fighters who would shy away from risking their belts so often.

Leg-End

Great fight, loved it.

I had Froch by 4, not sure how one scored it 118-110 but thats judges for you. Both fighters put on a real show, these are the fights that make boxing great.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
116-112 was about right, two tough fighters.
Froch should go for Ward next then a decider with Kessler.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've paid for some dire shit in my time! Got sick after a while. Only paid for this tonight because of the last fight plus I had a bet on and am drunk so 15 quid on my bill isn't a problem.

Claymore

Amazing fight, Carl Froch is hard as nails.

I'm listening on the radio, sounds like a fantastic atmosphere in there tonight [except for the booing at anthem which i think is stupid].

Really don't get why people still their nickers in a twist about boos on the anthems, its about making it a hard atmosphere for the opponent, not throwing out roses for them. Anyone would think people were wiping their arse on the Danish flag the way some go on. Its just a bit of music.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I've paid for some dire shit in my time! Got sick after a while. Only paid for this tonight because of the last fight plus I had a bet on and am drunk so 15 quid on my bill isn't a problem.
Yeah 7 pints influenced my decision too. They both have iron chins, I will get at least 6 rounds!

Think pundits are overegging it saying one clear winner, Kessler broken. Thought he lost with dignity and put up a hell of a fight.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, I think it's part of the reason boxers prefer fighting at home, especially the fecking yanks! Ward won't come here, guaranteed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah 7 pints influenced my decision too. They both have iron chins, I will get at least 6 rounds!

Think pundits are overegging it saying one clear winner, Kessler broken. Thought he lost with dignity and put up a hell of a fight.
I thought it was a clear winner, by ~3 rounds, but Kessler didn't get dominated or outclassed in honesty. They're going on like he shown nothing throughout! He gave it his all and it made for a good 12 rounds. I think it was only the 11th you really thought it was frochs to lose in the 12th, any other round could have swing the momentum or produced that one punch!

Pundits being bias toward their own really. Sort of expected.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I thought it was a clear winner, by ~3 rounds, but Kessler didn't get dominated or outclassed in honesty. They're going on like he shown nothing throughout! He gave it his all and it made for a good 12 rounds. I think it was only the 11th you really thought it was frochs to lose in the 12th, any other round could have swing the momentum or produced that one punch!

Pundits being bias toward their own really. Sort of expected.
Just felt like by the sixth when Kessler levelled it on most cards, they were still saying 'Kessler starting to get a foothold now'. Anyhoo, agree he edged it too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think by saying a foothold they meant he was back to level scores so he could start to build. :p

The aftermath they didn't really say much about him. Too busy wanking and knocking out shit cliches. Do you have to be a prick to report on sport?

Leg-End

If Ward wants to fight then he should come over to England, its only fair he had his go in Atlantic City now lets have the away leg.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
If Ward wants to fight then he should come over to England, its only fair he had his go in Atlantic City now lets have the away leg.
He claimed on the BBC earlier that the fight in Atlantic City wasn't a proper home field advantage because it wasn't in Oakland.

Drifter

American
Cracking fight ,Froch showed more desire than Kessler, but if he is to fight Ward ,he can not box like he did last night.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Cracking fight ,Froch showed more desire than Kessler, but if he is to fight Ward ,he can not box like he did last night.
Precisely. Those getting hyped up by the Froch performance last night need to realize that it is his style of fighting that plays right into Ward's hands which is why he would lose the fight again even if it took place in England.

Froch himself said "as long as we get the game plan right" he feels he could beat him, the key point is that throughout his career he has not adapted his style that much to his opponent (beside boxing in spells a little more than he used to).

I really can't see why the result regardless of location would be any different.

Widnes

On my way back up north after going the fight last night, it was a great show & I had Froch by about 4 rounds but a lot of the rounds was very close & could have went to Kessler but at the same time the ones I give to Kessler was equally as close & could have went to Froch. Epic fight & I certainly wouldn't have any complaints if they wanted to do it for a 3rd time.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Give the fans what they want I guess. Now Ward is running scared.
:lol:
Ward doesn't need this fight, Froch is hell bent on getting redemption (you saw him mouth it when the decision was announced last night) so Ward holds all the cards.

Despite last night's showing I still pick Ward to whoop that ass, Froch whilst extremely exciting is sloppy (round 10/11 he threw the longest uppercut I've ever seen pro or amateur) and Ward would feed off that all day.

The atmosphere in the o2 was UNBELIEVABLE. Never experienced anything like that in my life in any sport/platform. Couldn't hear Buffer or any of the ring announcers.
Extremely happy for Froch, felt it was a pretty close fight and after the 3rd he let Kessler back in. Thought the fight was getting away from him but in the 7th he stemmed the tide and after that it was pure back and forth action.

If he gets Ward he will need to fight a more precise fight than that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ward hasn't fought since August '12. He has only faced Dawson since the Froch fight in 2011.

I would say he does need a fight and why not Froch? It would certainly pull in the audience and make plenty of money. Not sure it would be as simple as you make out.

Widnes

Ward should come to England and fight, for the record I think Ward will win but Kessler & Froch both got more for this fight than Ward has even made in his last 2, it could even potentially be a stadium fight. Froch is also bringing 2 world titles to the table now & seems to have a lot more options to choose from than Ward currently has.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
He has been injured, first his hand (yes he beat Froch with one hand)

and now his shoulder. He had Pavlik lined up but he chose to retire when the fight was postponed. Chavez Jr is being mentioned for him so it's not like he has no options, he is so god I think people are confusing him having options with him having people that will give him a run for his money.

He is the best fighter in the division by a considerable distance, he could fight Froch but again it would have to be on his terms.

And in regards to how the fight would play out, I look at Ward like I look at Mayweather, for him all work is easy work. You think someone will give him a test but he knows how to neutralise and use your tools against you and in the end he pisses it.

Froch's only advantage is punching power but Ward rarely gets hit clean and is especially unlikely to get hit clean by the big looping wide shots that Froch likes to throw.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
And like Ward said after the first fight "you don't get points for leaving your chin open" which Froch does on a regular basis.

A better fighter than Kessler (there aren't many) would start by exposing that flaw much like Ward did in the first fight by leaping in with the jab and moving quickly out of range before Froch could fire back.

Ward doesn't need Froch but Froch needs Ward so the fight will only take place on Ward's terms.

TheReligion

Abusive
He has been injured, first his hand (yes he beat Froch with one hand)

and now his shoulder. He had Pavlik lined up but he chose to retire when the fight was postponed. Chavez Jr is being mentioned for him so it's not like he has no options, he is so god I think people are confusing him having options with him having people that will give him a run for his money.

He is the best fighter in the division by a considerable distance, he could fight Froch but again it would have to be on his terms.

And in regards to how the fight would play out, I look at Ward like I look at Mayweather, for him all work is easy work. You think someone will give him a test but he knows how to neutralise and use your tools against you and in the end he pisses it.

Froch's only advantage is punching power but Ward rarely gets hit clean and is especially unlikely to get hit clean by the big looping wide shots that Froch likes to throw.
I just think you might be underestimating this resurgence from Froch. He looks like a man on a mission at the moment, irrespective of his skill set.

It would be an interesting and worthwhile rematch in my opinion, given I do agree with you as to how good Ward is.

Sometimes boxing can be quite circumstantial.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
And like Ward said after the first fight "you don't get points for leaving your chin open" which Froch does on a regular basis.

A better fighter than Kessler (there aren't many) would start by exposing that flaw much like Ward did in the first fight by leaping in with the jab and moving quickly out of range before Froch could fire back.

Ward doesn't need Froch but Froch needs Ward so the fight will only take place on Ward's terms.
Not so sure about that mate. Ward will now be thinking that he has beat Froch before and he can certainly do it again. But this time Froch has two World belts up for grabs and I'm sure Ward would like his hands on them.

If the fight does go ahead I see nothing but a points win for Ward though and an outside knockout win for Froch. There is no way Froch will beat this guy on points, so it will have to be another Taylor moment I think, as Ward is by far the better boxer.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
I just think you might be underestimating this resurgence from Froch. He looks like a man on a mission at the moment, irrespective of his skill set.

It would be an interesting and worthwhile rematch in my opinion, given I do agree with you as to how good Ward is.

Sometimes boxing can be quite circumstantial.
I don't think I am at all

Beat a protected Bute (who incidentally lost to Librado Andrade but was saved by Marlon B Wright) albeit in spectacular fashion.

Yusuf Mack doesn't count

And Kessler was impressive but also exposed a ton of his flaws. Of these 3 fights what should I have seen that lets me know he would beat a fully fit and functioning Ward.

I think this "resurgence" is simply Froch starting faster and being more aggressive, will that work against Ward? I'm not so sure.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Not so sure about that mate. Ward will now be thinking that he has beat Froch before and he can certainly do it again. But this time Froch has two World belts up for grabs and I'm sure Ward would like his hands on them.

If the fight does go ahead I see nothing but a points win for Ward though and an outside knockout win for Froch. There is no way Froch will beat this guy on points, so it will have to be another Taylor moment I think, as Ward is by far the better boxer.
Belts mean feck all to Ward, only this week he told the WBC to feck off when they tried make him Champion emeritus. Froch could hold every belt in the division but as long as Ward is breathing he is the second best fighter in his division.

Ward won't fade like Taylor did, please believe that. Hopkins stole Taylor's soul and he was never the same after those 2 fights. The Froch fight came off the back of a win against Jeff Lacy, in reality he had no business being in there. Same can be said for his fight with Abraham the proceeded it.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
My jaw would be on the floor if Froch beat Ward in a rematch. Ward, for me, is the best boxer around and he has the style to beat Froch all day long. Ward's footwork is just to quick for the cumbersome Froch.

I would not be averse to seeing the fight mind. Froch would need to get him in the UK and get a favourable referee who would stop Ward's constant clinches. Nonetheless, even in those favorable circumstances, I still think that he would lose and comfortably so.