The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Redstain

Who’s your money on?
I'd go for Catterall judging his previous performance against Taylor and Josh looked awful against Lopez a shadow of his former self.

Reckon he should have moved up to the 147 division, looks in shape but physically weak it's showed his last few fights and given his frame could probably even be a junior middleweight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rooting for Catterall but not sure he is doing enough

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ironic if catterall won because this fight was a lot closer than the one he ‘lost’

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Usyk-Fury rematch 21st December. Thought it might be a bit earlier than that.

I suspect that means AJ will fight the Hrgovic-Dubois winner now at the planned Wembley show in September.

Bondi77

Usyk-Fury rematch 21st December. Thought it might be a bit earlier than that.

I suspect that means AJ will fight the Hrgovic-Dubois winner now at the planned Wembley show in September.
If Wilder does a job on Zhang then a fight against AJ would be a bigger sell I would imagine.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If Wilder does a job on Zhang then a fight against AJ would be a bigger sell I would imagine.
Probably, but I think he's after belts still.

If the WBC, WBA, WBO all stay with the winner of Fury-Usyk 2, I think the opportunity to grab the IBF and fight the winner for undisputed will be more enticing than a Wilder fight.

Glorio

Tyson vs Paul has been postponed due to illness (ulcer flare up for Tyson).

Should boxing still be entertaining this fight? Between a young, relatively heavy handed, active fighter (regardless of how poor he is) and an almost 60 year old?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I reckon Zhang beats Wilder, today. However, as always, Wilder's punching power gives him a decent shot.

Google tells me that the ring walk is at 9pm UK time?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I reckon Zhang beats Wilder, today. However, as always, Wilder's punching power gives him a decent shot.

Really? Sounds a bit early….skybet has it at 11pm

Cant believe they’d have it all wrapped up before 10pm

SambaBoy

Yeah I think Zhang wins. Hrgovic v Dubois should be an interesting fight too.

Dan_F

Cant see them wanting to clash it with the champions league final. I’ll go with 10.30.

Redstain

tyson needs the time to allow himself to balloon in weight, then drop it.
Explains why his condition failed him in the second half of the fight, I know it's easier said than done but boxers fluctuating weight always comes back to bite them in the latter end of their careers, it's even worse for a heavyweight given there's no limits with cutting and rehydration.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm not sure I'll be able to stay up for the wilder fight.

But in case I do, I would love a river. I'm struggling here.

Edit: Found one.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Looks like it’ll be later than the Usky Fury fight at this rate. No chance I’m making it to that.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Couple of good fights so far. Frank 2 up and Sheeraz is his captain with double points

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Wilder’s getting knocked out himself

Can’t call it. If Wilder is a shadow of himself like he was against Parker then Zhang for me but If old Wilder then reckon he will spark him.

I’m going Wilder, just think he will catch him good. Zhang old and just plods forward reckon Wilder bashes him up

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Like most I’ve heard of Zinad’s story and how he transitioned to boxing but I’ve never seen him fight. He any good?

Surely Bivol destroys him?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t call it. If Wilder is a shadow of himself like he was against Parker then Zhang for me but If old Wilder then reckon he will spark him.

I’m going Wilder, just think he will catch him good. Zhang old and just plods forward reckon Wilder bashes him up
My distain for Wilder, plus his absolute fanny show versus Parker, is making me go Zhang

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Boxing weight limits are a bit odd. This is light heavy and the limit is what, 12 and a half stone? Then the heavyweights are coming in at like 16-18 stone. Seems a monster gap between them

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
My distain for Wilder, plus his absolute fanny show versus Parker, is making me go Zhang

Reminds me of the David Haye v Enzo Maccarenili fight years ago whereas the first person to land will win.

Don’t like Wilder much myself but jeez he can hit even though Zheng is about 60lbs heavier.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Boxing weight limits are a bit odd. This is light heavy and the limit is what, 12 and a half stone? Then the heavyweights are coming in at like 16-18 stone. Seems a monster gap between them
Yeah then you have the Cruiserwights between light heavy and heavyweight plus the WBC have brought in Bridgerweight to lower the gap between Cruiserweight and Heavyweight..