The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Why do you all hate Kahn? He is one of the most entertaining fighters out there, its never boring watching him fight

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
What is going on with the Alexander fight in December? If he lost that then this fight surely wouldn't be on

MoneyMay

Team Khan Statement

Team Khan would like to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of next year instead.

Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached.

http://amirkhanworld.com/blog/21-khan-updates/261-team-khan-statement

Zen

I don't think it's a case of hating Khan....just that this is such a trivial fight. Tells him he needs to earn it then just randomly gives it him. Mayweathers just gonna milk his final fights after the Canelo fight.

Booked to go to Vegas next year. We fly back the day before possible Khan-Mayweather fight.
FML

Widnes

Klitschko fight was very boring. Luke Campbell just had his second fight although it is hard to judge a fighter in his first couple of fights he really looks a exciting prospect.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Klitschko fight was very boring. Luke Campbell just had his second fight although it is hard to judge a fighter in his first couple of fights he really looks a exciting prospect.
I didn't watch this, but has either Klitschko had an interesting fight the past few years? Even the highly hyped Haye fight was a total, one-sided bore.

Widnes

I didn't watch this, but has either Klitschko had an interesting fight the past few years? Even the highly hyped Haye fight was a total, one-sided bore.
It was more like a wrestling fight to be honest, so much holding & pushing down.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Rumours that Lennox Lewis is negotiating a fight worth potentially $100 million (:eek:) with the Klitschko camp.

Apparently they offered $50 million for him to return but he wants double and they're considering it! He would like to fight Wladimir but Vitali wants the fight to happen with him. If a deal can be reached, Lewis says he'll be ready in 6 months.

It's a bit sad that the best fight they can now find for the Klitschkos is against someone who retired a decade ago. Still, I'd pay to watch it!

Member 39557

Rumours that Lennox Lewis is negotiating a fight worth potentially $100 million (:eek:) with the Klitschko camp.

Apparently they offered $50 million for him to return but he wants double and they're considering it! He would like to fight Wladimir but Vitali wants the fight to happen with him. If a deal can be reached, Lewis says he'll be ready in 6 months.

It's a bit sad that the best fight they can now find for the Klitschkos is against someone who retired a decade ago. Still, I'd pay to watch it!
It's life imitating art, if you can call Rocky six art?

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I'd take a good look at those odds too, Bradley has the kind of fighting style which could really unsettle Marquez, and for the first time in his last 2 or so fights he won't be fighting a renowned big puncher.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
The media are going on about Orlando Cruz being the first openly gay boxer. I wonder if it is easier for a boxer to come out than say a footballer. One is hard as feck and the other will get barracked mercifully from the terraces I guess.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/11/orlando-cruz-gay-boxer-world-title

My guess would be that it is a hell of a lot easier as its not a team sport so he doesn't have to rely on the approval or co-operation of any team-mates. He simply has to turn up and do his job, if his opponent wants to make an issue of it then that's more fuel for the fire.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Bradley / JMM is the big one tonight but watch out for Lomachenko on the undercard. He won the featherweight gold medal in Beijing 2008 and he won the lightweight Olympic gold last year and his amateur record is a quite amazing 396-1. He's going to be big.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Impressive power from Lomachenko however a couple of questions about how he handles pressure. Very good debut but he's people would be stupid right now to put him in with a genuine world champ at that weight.