The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Try and avoid the result and watch it when you can, it should be amazing so may aswell get the full enjoyment
Any idea how? My shift finishes at 9am, so where on the great and wide internet would I be able to directly go to watch the fight without spoilers?

Inter Yer Nan

Both on the money at 160 lbs. Both look in tremendous shape. I have a tingly feeling about this one and it's going to be special.

I see something similar to Trinidad-Vargas in terms of how entertaining and competitive it is (minus all the knockdowns), but with one guy clearly having the edge the whole way until he ends it. GGG plays Trinidad in this one.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Hmm, that means 7am here on hols in Mauritius. Wifi is shit, so doubt I can stream it on my phone.
Fingers crossed one of the multiple local sports channels has it on, but realistically is that a forlorn hope? No idea if Boxnation do deals in different regions or solely show it themselves?

RedFish

Hmm, that means 7am here on hols in Mauritius. Wifi is shit, so doubt I can stream it on my phone.
Fingers crossed one of the multiple local sports channels has it on, but realistically is that a forlorn hope? No idea if Boxnation do deals in different regions or solely show it themselves?
Shudda gone to Morecambe. :D

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking forward to watching the fight. Hope GGG wins but I expect Canelo to win.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Want GGG to win. Think Canelo will win.

Cons from Canelo's perspective. He's put on a lot of weight. He'll have lost a lot of speed.

Pros. GGG arguably lost that fight against Jacobs. Jacobs, imo, is a top level operator so this isn't anything shameful. Jacobs was and probably still should be a champion. On the other hand, it's the first time Golovkin has looked mortal. It's also why this fight was made.

Canelo doesn't seem the type to duck someone, but his camp has definitely ducked GGG up until now. They gave up the belt to do it. Jacobs' fight happens and they fancy their chances. They think GGG has grown old.

A very difficult fight to call. If Golovkin shows up like the Golovkin pre-Brook, then it'll be over quickly. Otherwise I'll go for a Canelo win via KO in the 7th.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
10th round TKO for GGG - mainly because I think Canelo will fall to someone who looks like Alfred E. Newman

Kazi

I'm with Sky. Do you have to be a BoxNation subscriber to order the fight, or can it just be a one off payment?

Fergies Formula

How anyone can say canelo to win via ko confuses me. GGG has never been stopped, never gone down and never been visibly hurt. Chances of a KO for Alvarez based on those facts alone are slim to none.

This is a close fought knock out win for GGG in the later rounds. Canelo doesn't have to footwork to stay away from that thunder for 12 rounds. He is a slick counter puncher but he will come unstuck with the pressure, power and jab of golovkin.

GGG will be more motivated than he has ever been before and Canelo is going to feel the full force of a true middle weight fighter in their prime.

Red_Aaron

I can't see a knock out either way really, but if I had to pick one it'll be GGG as he's the bigger hitter

Personally I think we're going to the cards after an absolute war with canelo taking it somewhat controversially

Fergies Formula

A controversial decision is my biggest worry. A prime golovkin wouldn't have had to worry about that but I do feel he is at risk of battling with his age at some point in the not too distant future. Hopefully it's not this fight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Preliminary card start time (Youtube): 6:00 PM ET/3:00 PM PT

Pay-per-view start time: 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT

Canelo vs. GGG start time estimate: 10:50 PM ET/7:50 PM PT

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A controversial decision is my biggest worry. A prime golovkin wouldn't have had to worry about that but I do feel he is at risk of battling with his age at some point in the not too distant future. Hopefully it's not this fight.
35 is still a good age for boxers. If he was Mayweather's age (40) then he would definitely not have much of a chance against an in form Canelo imo.