The RedCafe Boxing Thread

kidbob

He comes off badly whenever he’s doing anything outside of a Boxing ring. Remember that video he filmed of having his son punch people in a grocery store?
Haven't seen that. There is a recent one of him and his mates taking the piss out of an elderly man. Just pure cringe, acting like scummy teenagers. I like him as a boxer though.

Inter Yer Nan

Haven't seen that. There is a recent one of him and his mates taking the piss out of an elderly man. Just pure cringe, acting like scummy teenagers. I like him as a boxer though.
He’s hard to root for. Low class individual but yes he’s a very good fighter. He’s got his hands full with Andrade though.

kidbob

He doesn't give a flying feck what people think of him, that much is obvious.
I feel like he could do that without acting like a complete twat. I mean in the video above he's a grown man throwing chicken at someone. I suppose though that even the greats like Ali have made complete fools of themselves too. Just the video of him and the elderly man really rubbed me the wrong way.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Could someone please pm me an acestream . I can't seem to find any. Cheers.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Ricky Hatton, Christ. Boxing really fecked him didn't it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well that revelation came to a suprise to no one.

Irrational.

Hearn and Joshua come out of this looking like chumps. :lol:

I'm guessing there will be a rematch clause in there too, so Joshua will have to wait at least two more fights until fighting the winner of Wilder-Fury.

The Bloody-Nine

I'm guessing there will be a rematch clause in there too, so Joshua will have to wait at least two more fights until fighting the winner of Wilder-Fury.
Joshua will fill stadiums vs whoever.

If the Fury vs Wilder fight happens they might attract 20,000 people. But probably not.

RedFish

Serves him right (Eddie). Stringing us along like muppets. This will be hurting him like hell :lol:

Roopea

Don't see why Eddie would be bothered about Fury vs Wilder. If anything, it makes the winner vs AJ much bigger and gives AJ one less elite fighter to face in the short-medium term.

The Bloody-Nine

Don't see why Eddie would be bothered about Fury vs Wilder. If anything, it makes the winner vs AJ much bigger and gives AJ one less elite fighter to face in the short-medium term.
Yep. And if Fury loses there won't be a rematch.

Irrational.

Joshua will fill stadiums vs whoever.

If the Fury vs Wilder fight happens they might attract 20,000 people. But probably not.
True, popularity-wise its no contest..

In the eyes of the public it makes them both come across as bluffers, and like they've ducked Wilder. Fury got the deal done with minimal fuss - Joshua and Hearn tried to play the psychological game with talk of contracts and numbers - which all turned out to be a complete crock of shit. I guess they didn't have any intention of fighting Wilder yet and they don't come out of this well.

Agree it will only raise the profile of the fight when it happens, but Joshua will have to be very careful. The Povetkin fight, for example could be a bit of a banana skin, and I'm sure he'll have a few other mandatories lined up which is not what he wants if he wants to make mega bucks.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Was at Windsor tonight. Fury is good craic but it was a shit fight. Frampton showed his class again though. He looks good.

The Bloody-Nine

The Povetkin fight is very tricky for AJ. He's a very good fighter.

As for Fury, he's going to have to turn the bullshit up to 11 to get people interested for this one, because he's a f*cking boring fighter. Another 12 round snooze fest of feints and arm punching isn't going to cut it. A 6'9 drug cheat with no power isn't a draw.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Serves him right (Eddie). Stringing us along like muppets. This will be hurting him like hell :lol:
Not really. Joshua will treat this as an eliminator, fight the victor, and bill it as a fight to settle who truly is the best in the division. That fight will break records.