g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The RedCafe Boxing Thread

kidbob

Well that went better than against Rungvisai

Camelo hit GGG with his hardest punches and GGG didn't even blink.
Age is undefeated. One is entering their prime and the other is leaving his. Floyd v Pac was a wash simple because one's style ages well and the others ages badly. GGG can definitely knock Canelo out but he's the Pac and Canelo is the Floyd. I really want GGG to destroy him though.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know Spike from the Cork boxing scene back in the day. He's an absolute gent, but has to act a bit like a prat to sell fights. He can bang though!

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I have a funny feeling that Canelo is going to knock GGG out and I think it will be the first 4 rounds. Hope I'm wrong but can't shake the feeling. Really hope is's the other way around though.
Really hope your wrong. GGG seems to have an iron chin but he's getting older now and it could betray him. I'm still picking Golovkin, but it's really a pick'em fight given how close the first one was, and the question marks over both fighters regarding how quickly Golovkin is declining (if he is at all), and if Canelo will be significantly worse without his PEDs.

kidbob

I also get the sense Canelo will try his best to come out strong and go for an early KO. If it doesn't work he will be fecked as GGG will take over.
Watching the first fight again and Canelo always slips to the left. I hope that if GGG backs him up to the ropes this time that he has a plan for countering that. Canelo IMO has a real pressure on him to be 'Mexican' tonight and, rather than him being the better boxer, I have a strange feeling that GGG"s unbreakable chin may have felt father time. I agree though, if GGG can weather the inital storm than he has a real chance except that Canelo got a draw against Floyd when he was destoryed in reality. One guy can probably count on the fight going the distance but GGG will feel like he has to KO Canelo and will leave more openings for counters.

kidbob

Really hope your wrong. GGG seems to have an iron chin but he's getting older now and it could betray him. I'm still picking Golovkin, but it's really a pick'em fight given how close the first one was, and the question marks over both fighters regarding how quickly Golovkin is declining (if he is at all), and if Canelo will be significantly worse without his PEDs.
Yeah to clarify it's only age that I have this feeling. I really hope GGG can do it but he now must surrly not trust the judges and that leaves more openings for Canelo with GGG knowing he has to KO him. I mean the guy got a 'draw' against Floyd when he was completely outclassed.

kidbob

I just hope its entertaining TBF. Not really a huge boxing guy but saw something on TV about this fight the other day (and the first one which looked quality) and it peaked my interest.
Actually an MMA guy myself so don't know much about boxing except for the more well known fighters. This is the biggest fight available right now. Only Joshua v Wilder/Fury winner will come close. Enjoy the fight!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Will the main fight happen sooner since we are seeing a lot of fast/KO fights in the lead up ? Or will they stick to the original schedule ?

Pat_Mustard

Yeah to clarify it's only age that I have this feeling. I really hope GGG can do it but he now must surrly not trust the judges and that leaves more openings for Canelo with GGG knowing he has to KO him. I mean the guy got a 'draw' against Floyd when he was completely outclassed.
Aye, agree on all counts mate. Let's hope GGG does a Hagler and decides not to leave it in the judges' hands :)

I love this Munguia. Still so raw, but he's going to be so exciting to follow no matter what his ceiling is.

Pat_Mustard

Yeah he’s one to get behind. Wants to fight, comes to fight. I love this kid.
Aye, he's just thrilling to watch. Searched his name on this thread as I'm drunk and bored and I think we should have a Munguia hype-train:

@El General 1994
Inter Yer Nan
Pat Mustard
@Thisistheone

@Kazi thrown off as he only mentioned him to throw shade on Sadam Ali, and I'm hoping the main event tonight shows that he's on the wrong side of history.