The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

He's Mayweather with a tenth of the talent and a hundredth of the intelligence. Can guarantee he'll be broke by 40.
Well before then mate. He's not even 30. He's just a gatekeeper now. Hasn't beaten anybody of note in about 5 years and hasn't looked good in about 6-7 years. He'll be struggling to get TV dates soon and given how stupid he is outside of the ropes and his lifestyle he's not going to be Andre Berto getting favor after favor by Al Haymon when he's 35.

I think Gervonta Davis is the next Broner. Some talent, though massively overrated and a trashy human being that's never really grown up. Davis is being protected more than Broner ever was though so he may squeeze some years in but he gets way fatter than Broner between fights and is maybe even more ghetto. It figures they hang out together and make weird videos making out with one another.

RedFish

Put Kahn in with anyone decent and you get a fun fight to watch. That speed with that chin makes it compelling viewing.

Brook v Kahn needs to happen more than the Manny fight. Should have happened a few years ago but better late than never.

I also had Garcia winning by a round. Good fight.
Brook v Khan needed to happen, It doesn't now though. I think both should retire now, and Khan especially. I think he'd get badly KO'd by Brook, and after the brutal KO Courtesy of Canelo, I don't care to see him getting KO'd again.

The Bloody-Nine

Brook v Khan needed to happen, It doesn't now though. I think both should retire now, and Khan especially. I think he'd get badly KO'd by Brook, and after the brutal KO Courtesy of Canelo, I don't care to see him getting KO'd again.
I do, especially by Brook, who he's been ducking like it's his job for years.

Thisistheone

I'd still love to see that fight. The build-up would be intense and there's a chance Brook isn't the same either, after the battering from GGG and Spence.

The Bloody-Nine

Khan looks good early, throws his fast one / two, has some success with it. Brook times him, Brook lands a big shot, Khan goes down. Khan stumbles to his feet and is finished sometime around round 6.

I still want to see it because I can't stand Khan, and a loss to Brook would kill him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Usyk vs Bellew announced for 10th November in Manchester. I'll be trying to get tickets for this one.

Oggmonster

Well before then mate. He's not even 30. He's just a gatekeeper now. Hasn't beaten anybody of note in about 5 years and hasn't looked good in about 6-7 years. He'll be struggling to get TV dates soon and given how stupid he is outside of the ropes and his lifestyle he's not going to be Andre Berto getting favor after favor by Al Haymon when he's 35.

I think Gervonta Davis is the next Brone
r. Some talent, though massively overrated and a trashy human being that's never really grown up. Davis is being protected more than Broner ever was though so he may squeeze some years in but he gets way fatter than Broner between fights and is maybe even more ghetto. It figures they hang out together and make weird videos making out with one another.
Seems like it http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/14/gervonta-davis-arrest-video-fight/

Usyk vs Bellew announced for 10th November in Manchester. I'll be trying to get tickets for this one.
Can't see Usyk losing it but never know with Bellew. Nice retirement fight for him either way.

Utdstar01

I agree Brook isn't the same, but Khan lacks any ability to hurt Kell and Brook can bang. Ah well, what will be will be.
Probably being a bit kind there. He packs a harder punch than Khan but I wouldn't say he's a big puncher.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can't see Usyk losing it but never know with Bellew. Nice retirement fight for him either way.
Wife is Ukrainian, so we would very much be going to see Usyk. He's an absolute master and could go down as one of the all-time greats. He could fight in Manchester again, but may well not.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m a massive Usyk fan so it’ll be great seeing him slap Bellew around the ring.

Him and Lomachenko are easily my favourite current boxers.

Inter Yer Nan

Wife is Ukrainian, so we would very much be going to see Usyk. He's an absolute master and could go down as one of the all-time greats. He could fight in Manchester again, but may well not.
That's awesome that you'll get to see him live in a big fight. I saw him fight live here once at The Forum. He was making the first defense of his WBO title (vs. Makubu I believe was the name of the South African fella) on the Hopkins-Smith undercard. I was telling my friends that this guy is something special and the highlight of the card. Unfortunately the crowd was very small, few paid attention to his fight and he wasn't as exciting as he's been recently. The opponent was awkward. The dumbass fans booed early too.

I saw that the deal with Matchroom is a partnership with K2 and Usyk will have fights from the following pool of fighters - Bellew, Whyte, Chisora, Parker and Joshua. He beats those and he's an all-time great. He's already the second best Cruiserweight ever behind Holyfield.

I don't think he'll fight much longer. I've seen some documentaries and a lot of behind the scenes footage of him and it seems his Mother gets very stressed out and asks him to retire. I think he'll make a lot from the Joshua fight and win or lose that'll be his lot and he'll wait for the call to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He'll fight a few times in Britain and it's great that Manchester gets the privilege of seeing him in a major fight coming off of his career best win.

Inter Yer Nan

This weekends got some good stuff.

Ramirez-Orozco tonight has fallen under the radar but is a very good fight between two talented unbeaten young fighters. Ramirez wasn't really highlighted as a top prospect but has came along nicely and is improving every fight and is defending his WBC title in Fresno where he's kind of a big deal. Orozco I think at one time was considered a better prospect but never seemed to take that next step up. He's still unbeaten though and very hungry for this one.

Lemiuex-O'Sullivan should be bombs away. To say Lemiuex is one-dimensional is an under statement but he can crack and O'Sullivan makes for fun fights. He's probably going to sleep here.

Chocolatito/Fuentes should be good. Chocolatito has been out for a year, is clearly on the downside and Fuentes is the type of fighter that will show if Chocolatito still wants to fight. I expect action here.

Muguaia/Cook is a keep busy fight and nothing more. Munguia is keeping up some impressive activity but is still very, very raw.

GGG/Canelo II - Big fight but I can't see anything but a robbery so I'm still not excited unfortunately. I guess the best I can realistically ask for is a great fight. Hopefully we get one.

Inter Yer Nan

Trolling surely? I know some people that really, really love Canelo but even they think he was lucky to get a draw.

There wasn't even a case that he won any round from 4-9 which is six clear GGG rounds. A draw meant you scored two close, probably GGG rounds for Canelo and a Canelo win means you got one round incredibly wrong.

Red_Aaron

Really hope GGG can win it but he absolutely has to take the early rounds and clearly too or the inevitable screw job will occur. He has to make canelo chase the second half of the fight.

I still suspect a dodgy decision but no matter what the fight will be a belter, cannot wait for it :drool:

Revan

Assumptionman
Well, I didn't say I wouldn't watch it. :D The motherfeckers should have fought years ago. Khan has no chance.
Brook is not that good. He can KO Khan (cause Khan has no chin), but Khan is a better boxer and could win in a long fight.

RedFish

Canelo gonna whoop that ass again tomorrow
:D
Brook is not that good. He can KO Khan (cause Khan has no chin), but Khan is a better boxer and could win in a long fight.
I'd have agreed with you 5 years ago maybe, but I think Brook's technical ability is underrated. He's far tighter defensively and is far from just an up and down fighter. Khan for all his changing of gyms, lacks fighting IQ, and lacks judicious timing of his attacks. No doubt Brook will time him, and when Khan gets caught, it will signal the end. Both have been mismanaged, in that Brook should never have fought GGG, and likewise Khan should never have been put in front of Canelo. Can't begrudge them a money fight, but this shoud have happened years ago. Although, it will sell, it could have been so much bigger, and been of significance on a world level. That time has passed.

Last edited:

RedFish

Winning 4 rounds equals 'whooping his ass?' Weird comment.
Kazi is a Canelo fan-boi.:). Canelo did land the cleaner shots, I'll give him that, but GGG won the fight IMO. Problem for Canelo is that GGG can take his hardest shots and remain unaffected. I doubt Canelo will open up and risk getting knocked out early. GGG I'd expect will attack the body a lot more. Unlike some, I still think GGG can get a decision in Vegas.

Revan

Assumptionman
Kazi is a Canelo fan-boi.:). Canelo did land the cleaner shots, I'll give him that, but GGG won the fight IMO. Problem for Canelo is that GGG can take his hardest shots and remain unaffected. I doubt Canelo will open up and risk getting knocked out early. GGG I'd expect will attack the body a lot more. Unlike some, I still think GGG can get a decision in Vegas.
GGG knows that only a KO would win him the fight, so I think that he will be more adventurous than in the last fight, when for his standards, he was a bit reserved.

I think a KO in round 6-9 will happen. Otherwise it is Canelo's win even if he dances all night long.

Inter Yer Nan

GGG knows that only a KO would win him the fight, so I think that he will be more adventurous than in the last fight, when for his standards, he was a bit reserved.

I think a KO in round 6-9 will happen. Otherwise it is Canelo's win even if he dances all night long.
I think Golovkin will win 8-4. I think it will be similar to the last fight in that you could give it to GGG by 115-113 but I expect the judges cards will be 115-113 GGG, 115-113 Canelo and a baffling 116-112 Canelo.

I think it's going to make Boxing look bad.

Zen

Can't be any more baffling than 118 for Canelo first time round.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think Golovkin will win 8-4. I think it will be similar to the last fight in that you could give it to GGG by 115-113 but I expect the judges cards will be 115-113 GGG, 115-113 Canelo and a baffling 116-112 Canelo.

Do you think GGG can knock Canelo out if he really goes for it (which I assume he will)?

RedFish

Weisfeld I trust, Moretti scored it for GGG last time out. GGG has a chance surely?

Inter Yer Nan

Just heard the sad news that Enzo Calzaghe just passed away. I always loved seeing him work the corners or with a camera in his face. Tons of energy and a great character. It's amazing how he had such a successful gym in that part of the world not just his son who was a truly great fighter.

The Bloody-Nine

Alvarez is off the PEDS so it will be interesting to see if he looks diminished compared to his initial loss to GGG.