The RedCafe Boxing Thread

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Come on POV! Sick of the public hype job now.

My mum and many of her friends went around to one of their houses earlier to have a drink up over the fight, all of which know absolutely feck all about boxing, they’re just aboard the hype train. This is the shit we have to put up with nowadays.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Reckon AJ's waiting for round 8 or 9 to unload. Just trying to let Povetkin tire himself out and slow down.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Very entertaining fight. Very little clinching, both fighters throwing a lot of punches and going for it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can't figure out if AJ strategy is to box, keep away from the overhand right and let age and work to the body slow down Povetkin in the later rounds, or what. If that's it, he's done a so-so job of it

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ref is a moron, should have stopped it there

Good finish from AJ

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Come on POV! Sick of the public hype job now.

My mum and many of her friends went around to one of their houses earlier to have a drink up over the fight, all of which know absolutely feck all about boxing, they’re just aboard the hype train. This is the shit we have to put up with nowadays.
Don't really understand the problem with the 'hype train'.

He's a world class heavyweight fighter, and he just so happens to be British. Why not get behind him?

The part in bold, again, why is this a problem? If it's spreading the sport and increasing it's popularity amongst those who wouldn't normally watch it then why is that bad? You surely can't think that boxing should only be watched and enjoyed by those who know significant in-depth knowledge about it? That seems quite a blinkered and insular approach to have.

kidbob

This era of heavyweights is mediocre. Wilder, Fury, AJ all pretty average overall compared to the greats. On tonights showing I'd be surprised if he can avoid Wilder's right hand early on and if he can't then it's good night. Fury would be hands down better than either of them if he hadn't have fallen off the wagon.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ref is a moron, should have stopped it there

Good finish from AJ
Yep. Boxers need protecting from themselves. Corner should have ended it too. Thankfully Joshua didn’t go crazy on him.

Scorecards sounded dodgy.