The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Very very very shallow victory from AJ.

Parked the bus in the most extreme Mourinho way, and won via a soulless technical victory.

Hope Fury or Wilder smashes the crap out of him.
Fuxk me, @sammsky1 Fury has spent his entire boxing career Mourinho-ing it, this was Joshua’s first time. I mean, look at the fexking difference between both boxers Klitscho fights ffs.

But hey, Tyson’s a funny cnut I guess.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its neither entertaining nor impressive imo. But still effective in terms of getting the job done.
How’s it not impressive? He nullified Ruiz who everyone was saying was the better boxer after the last fight

The Hilton

Its neither entertaining nor impressive imo. But still effective in terms of getting the job done.
I disagree personally, I thought he boxed beautifully, but I can respect that opinion. The cowardly thing though, no way, Ruiz was almost 4 stone heavier, as AJ just said boxing is about hitting and not getting hit.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Floyd went 50 fights undefeated fighting like this and he goes down as one of the greatest boxers of all time. Picking your opponent apart and not getting hit is impressive.
True but there's always something a bit unsatisfying about boxers just attempting to outpoint one another instead of actually engaging. AJ Klitschko for example, was infinitely more entertaining .

rpitchfo

Ruiz never tried anything different. Deserved to lose. No plan b. Very easy victory for a much better boxer

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Omg Hearns going to milk this for a third fight probably in Mexico or Wembley.
There’s really no need for it, the first fight was Joshua being complacent.

redshaw

Not the most thrilling fight but AJ did the disciplined work needed so well done.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ruiz never tried anything different. Deserved to lose. No plan b. Very easy victory for a much better boxer
Not sure what he was thinking getting even fatter. Also, he apparently didn't start his camp until September when his trainer wanted him there in July. Not surprising he got outpointed.

Thiagoal

Wouldn't say it was a masterclass, as the commentary team is going on about, its discipline, sticking to basics and conditioning that was the massive factor in this. But nevertheless, probably Joshua's best performance, though one of his least entertaining fights
Didn’t need to be a master class as Ruiz is a very average boxer that happens to have a sledgehammer of a punch! Steer clear of it and you win comfortably: will be the same against Wilder I’d imagine although his speed and movement are much better than Ruiz

Bojan11

Not sure what he was thinking getting even fatter. Also, he apparently didn't start his camp until September when his trainer wanted him there in July. Not surprising he got outpointed.
To be fair even if Ruiz was a bit lighter, AJ still has the speed and height advantage so it would have been the same outcome.

Rooney1987

Before he beat AJ he got paid 80k. For first AJ fight he got 5mil and 13mil for this (I've read even close to 35mil in other reports). When the jump is that big maybe it got to him with such a change in lifestyle.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
True but there's always something a bit unsatisfying about boxers just attempting to outpoint one another instead of actually engaging. AJ Klitschko for example, was infinitely more entertaining .
Aj-Klitschko and Wilder-Fury are too massive outliers in how entertaining fights can be though. No serious fighters want to end up in fights like that. There’s too much damage and health risk there.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You have to fight to your strengths, boxing is a strategic sport you can’t just go in swinging if it means you’re going to lose, then you have to respect the fact boxers are humans and don’t want to sacrifice their health to such an extent . Personally I appreciate this type of boxing a lot more as it takes more skill, conditioning and discipline. Of course a slug fest is really entertaining too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There’s really no need for it, the first fight was Joshua being complacent.
I imagine it may have been contracted. Probably made negotiating this fight easier. Wilder and Fury likely won’t be available until Autumn 2020 at the earliest anyway. Joshua probably needs to deal with some mandatories soon anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You have to fight to your strengths, boxing is a strategic sport you can’t just go in swinging if it means you’re going to lose, then you have to respect the fact boxers are humans and don’t want to sacrifice their health to such an extent . Personally I appreciate this type of boxing a lot more as it takes more skill, conditioning and discipline. Of course a slug fest is really entertaining too.
AJ knocked out Klitschko and Whyte. Surely he can knock out an obese guy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can tell there's not many fighters in this thread. Some of the comments criticising Joshua and saying the fight was boring are bizarre. Ruiz is a very dangerous fighter with quick hands and lots of power - these are literally the only tactics to nullify him and take the win. Too much to lose to just walk into a gunfight again.

Technically very good and shows just how much of a better boxer than Wilder he is.

Rooney1987

:lol: Why is AJ mentioning fighting Ortiz
Fury and Wilder are fighting in Feb/March so he has to face an opponent around same. So he can't face either of those so Ortiz or Whyte are next options. AJ vs Fury/Wilder would be August/Sept maybe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
AJ knocked out Klitschko and Whyte. Surely he can knock out an obese guy.
He ‘can’, as we saw in the first fight. But to get inside to him like that would’ve meant Ruiz getting those bizarrely fast mitts in hitting distance and him taking a knockdown or two also. Again, as we saw in the first fight.

AJ did everything right tonight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Was expecting more of a Lewis v Rahman 2 type reaction from AJ tonight. Thoroughly convincing the world that the first fight was a fluke. Instead we got a masterclass in safety and avoidance.

Fully Fledged

Worth watching a repeat of? Got up late and missed it.
It depends if you like disciplined tactical fights go for it but there wasn't much entertainment there. Great win though but he really needs to fight Wilder or Fury though to prove his pedagogy.

Fully Fledged

Was expecting more of a Lewis v Rahman 2 type reaction from AJ tonight. Thoroughly convincing the world that the first fight was a fluke. Instead we got a masterclass in safety and avoidance.
Anytime he got close Ruiz looked dangerous though his best route to a victory was to stand off and use his reach to boss the fight.

Dan_F

Floyd went 50 fights undefeated fighting like this and he goes down as one of the greatest boxers of all time. Picking your opponent apart and not getting hit is impressive.
I would imagine there’s a large amount of people watching tonight that never watched a Mayweather fight.

Haven’t really got much excitement for a third, Joshua needs to move on and start preparing for Wilder/Fury/Usyk.