The RedCafe Boxing Thread

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was a decent watch. Chisora was gassed by the end.

Leg-End

I have no desire to see another Parker fight.

Close fight, but if one judge is giving Chisora 3 rounds then what’s he got to do? If that had been an SD at 115-113 then you would say fair play. 116-111 is fecking stupid.

Withnail

Parker must be such a frustrating fighter to coach. Has great tools, just doesn’t seem to want to use them
Listening to both Andy Lee and Parker talking during the week they have a bit to work on, especially the way he seems to switch off and fights in bursts but Parker seems receptive to learning from Andy so he could put it together.

The fight went pretty much how Andy expected it to as well, apart from the knock down obviously.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Parker is boring as feck. Chisora looking gassed probably is one reason he rarely gets split decisions

The Hilton

116-111 is utter nonsense, for me it was basically split down the middle with the KD being the difference, although I can see an extra round going to Parker.

Leg-End

Parker is just infuriating, he does all the good work to set it up and then stands there. He’s all fart and no poo.

When you have plenty of fighters in the division that are good to watch, can’t waste your time watching Parker, next time I’ll read up and catch the highlights if worthy.

Inter Yer Nan

Shocking situation with Felix Verdejo in Puerto Rico. His mistress was pregnant, told him of the pregnancy, and apparently he'd threatened her and she had arranged to meet with him. She went missing and then he was a person of interest, but then the body is found in a lagoon and now he's in custody and denied bail. Sounds like he's 100% guilty. His car was caught on camera and they have video of her body being thrown off the bridge. He knocked her out, then injected her with a syringe with an unknown substance that was to keep her asleep for hours, and tied up to cinder blocks and thrown off the bridge. The cinder blocks even came loose and Verdejo and his accomplice went into the water to tie them on her again.

Word is that Verdejo's wife was involved in all of this. Her family has ties to organized crime and she knew about the pregnancy. Apparently the accomplice is a man and he is complying with investigators. He said that he helped Verdejo throw the body over and that Verdejo contacted him to get rid of the pregnancy. Wonder if the wife will be brought into it? Verdejo faces the death penalty as he is being charged with kidnapping, car jacking resulting in death, and with intentionally killing an unborn child.

Really chilling story and the details are just brutal and heartbreaking. At one point I felt he was going to be a superb fighter, but he seemed to lose his way. He had a motorcycle accident and his trainer said that he's hanging around a bad crowd and needs to get away from them. They even suggested having him train exclusively in America. Now it's clear he'll go down and his life, probably his wife's, and his daughter's life is probably ruined all to prevent a child from being born. Whatever the case, they'll never bring the victim and that's the biggest tragedy. I can't begin to wonder just how awful this must be on her family.

Deery

Dreary
It’s horrific isn’t it, I saw it earlier but was unsure wether to post or not. Apparently he shot at the body with a gun as it wasn’t sinking as well. Can you ever imagine doing that to your own unborn child, sickening act.

Inter Yer Nan

It’s horrific isn’t it, I saw it earlier but was unsure wether to post or not. Apparently he shot at the body with a gun as it wasn’t sinking as well. Can you ever imagine doing that to your own unborn child, sickening act.
What I find really bizarre is how he thought he could get away with it? I mean, he had to know that her family were aware he was unhappy with her, and where they got rid of the body is really close to the airport, and a busy bridge in an area that sees plenty of traffic, people etc; he didn't think there would be cameras? He thought bringing his own car was a good idea?

cyberman

Imagine being logan paul and watching your brother send you a death sentence

Deery

Dreary
Man, I’d loved to have seen Mayweather knock the head off him, he was proper pissed... :lol:

Apparently Jake Paul has an eye injury and loose tooth.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is he crying in that last video :lol: But at least he got his hat!!

I despise both him & his brother. Deserve all the pain that comes their way.

Oggmonster

Tyson Fury could save a lot of time if he just recorded himself and send that to interviews.

Got 5 minutes in and it's exsct same stuff he always says.

Dining out on a fight from 6 years ago
No one can beat the Gypsy King
Joshua is a bum
He was fat now he's not as fat

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Jake Paul has now shown himself up for what he is. He pulled that stunt with the hat because that’s all he could do. He wouldn’t be running from a YouTuber.

‘Gotcha hat’. Yeah, for a few seconds and then it was retrieved and he was left with a black eye and a look of terror on his face.

Meanwhile, his brother is the poorer fighter and now the c-side in his own fight. Thank god they finally picked on the wrong guy.

RedFish

Its amazing isn't it. There's massive fight this weekend and someone puts this in the boxing thread. I've seen better acting on hollyoaks.
Complete joke. Self perpetuating.

Can't wait for to see what happens. Can BJS box and move for 12 rounds ....wouldn't put it past him ,lol.

Remember BJS- Lemieux? Canelo's a different beast nowadays though.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
What a fecking charade that Jake Paul fiasco was.

That being said, I look forward to seeing the future memefruits of the 'Gotcha Hat' moment.

Kazi

I think all Floyd - Paul discussion should move to the Entertainment thread

Keep this one for actual fights

Can’t wait for Saturday night

Deery

Dreary
Canelo going to smash Saunders into pieces too and I can’t wait to see it.

T_Model101

Does anyone here know if you can sign up to Dazn and watch the fight on catch up the next morning?

Luke1995

That was funny as hell! IDK why floyd got so pissed if he can literally buy a new one whenever he wants. Maybe it was all a work but he looked genuinely upset.

Also, I don't think there's a tougher man alive than Canelo. He will take whatever his opponent throws at him and throw back as long as needed.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
That was funny as hell! IDK why floyd got so pissed if he can literally buy a new one whenever he wants. Maybe it was all a work but he looked genuinely upset.

Also, I don't think there's a tougher man alive than Canelo. He will take whatever his opponent throws at him and throw back as long as needed.
He will take whatever he needs to take to win.

bsCallout

It was simply about respect. That Jake is disrespectful to fighters all over the internet, most of these fighters aren't there because of the glitz and glam, they are tough and you don't play like that with real fighters.

bsCallout

As a boxer BJS is decent. As a bloke he's a disagrace and I think and hope Canelo with dismantle him in 10.

Luke1995

It was simply about respect. That Jake is disrespectful to fighters all over the internet, most of these fighters aren't there because of the glitz and glam, they are tough and you don't play like that with real fighters.
Sure. He indeed disrespected Floyd. But I don't feel like Redcafe loves Mayweather too much. Anyway, the moment Jake fights a real boxer, he's going to find out what boxing is all about...

Deery

Dreary
I think it will be over fairly quickly.
I liked in the press conference when Saunders was giving it large the Canelo camp said “that’s it it’s over now” yes, yes it is..