The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Inter Yer Nan

Crawford made a big statement. Porter actually fought a great fight, but Crawford adapted to everything. I had him up by a point entering round 10, but he seemed to have Porter timed and was able to take him out when he wanted a couple of rounds earlier. He’s got to be one of the smartest fighters of recent times in addition to being one of the best finishers.

Now he’s a free agent, hopefully he doesn’t have to tie into a contract with a promoter as he has the following huge fights available to him - Spence, Taylor, Ortiz, Ennis (who’s becoming one of the best fighters in the world and has a great future).

ZupZup

Lopez v Kambosos JR has just started, good first round.
Amazing fight this was. Lopez deludedly claiming after that he’d won the fight and Kambosos had only won two rounds… followed by a chorus of booing from the crowd. Brilliant.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Amazing fight this was. Lopez deludedly claiming after that he’d won the fight and Kambosos had only won two rounds… followed by a chorus of booing from the crowd. Brilliant.
I think he was embarrassed by his own performance last night especially after he beat Lomachencko to unify. Kambosos clearly got to him during the build up.
Great fight.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Teofimo getting humbled felt good

Wonder how Loma is feeling right now
He’s been so full of his own shit for ages. Hopefully this is the dose of reality that he needs, wolf on the hill and all that

Inter Yer Nan

López and his dad saying he won is hilarious. There’s an interview of his dad saying “the crowd even booed the decision” when in fact his own fans booed him saying he won. Possibly the most deluded boxing interview in recent years and Deontay Wilder has given interviews too. Quite impressive.

Irrational.

Khan-Brook confirmed for Feb 19th 2022 at the Manchester Arena

About five years too late but should be interesting.

The press conference was also hilarious.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Khan-Brook confirmed for Feb 19th 2022 at the Manchester Arena

About five years too late but should be interesting.

The press conference was also hilarious.

Should have made this fight a few years ago when both were at a better level but the dislike between them both makes for an interesting watch.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
López and his dad saying he won is hilarious. There’s an interview of his dad saying “the crowd even booed the decision” when in fact his own fans booed him saying he won. Possibly the most deluded boxing interview in recent years and Deontay Wilder has given interviews too. Quite impressive.

His old man is an absolute bellend

LDUred

With the knockdown in Round 10, I had things pretty even going into 11.

Kambosos Jr won the last two rounds - clearly won them. It was all a question of strategy and the fact that Kambosos stuck to his. Once Lopez had Kambosos down he went for a one shot finish instead of being patient, but he was getting timed again and again.

I had Lopez down as the favourite but he just boxed like a rookie, and he needs to be taking advice from someone other than his pops.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Must’ve missed the news that Khan V Brook is actually going to happen. Any hype left in this one?

GeorgieBoy

Must’ve missed the news that Khan V Brook is actually going to happen. Any hype left in this one?
They pretended to hate each other for a bit; then both sounded a little 'punch drunk' in the presser and interviews after.
Sort of glad to see the fight finally happening but also a little bit sad to see where they are now against what it could have been.

SambaBoy

Glad to see Lopez Jr lose. Was too full of himself before the fight, and got humbled. Made a bigger fool of himself after the fight with his antics. It was a close fight, a brilliant fight and Lopez Jr had good moments but when he's shouting his mouth off saying he won after the fight, didn't come across well.

Khan v Brook, I'm not too excited to see it. 5 years ago, it was one of the fights I wanted to see the most and it was a true 50/50 with both being on world level. Now both have faded massively and been on the end of big knockouts.

Inter Yer Nan

For UK customers only, my book is available at 33% discount, for a little under £20. Recently won the West Coast Boxing Hall of Fame book of the year. I put links to three reviews below the Amazon UK link. Nice Christmas gift!!

For those unfamiliar with Jofre, he’s universally acclaimed as the greatest bantamweight of all-time, and ranked by The Ring and The International Boxing Research Organization in the top 20 boxers of all-time. The only living fighters ranking higher in that list were Roberto Duran & Sugar Ray Leonard to give you some perspective.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eder-Jofre...d=1&keywords=eder+jofre&qid=1628653499&sr=8-1

Eder Jofre: Brazil's First Boxing World Champion is an intimate look into the life and spectacular career of South America's finest boxer, ranked by the International Boxing Research Organization as the greatest bantamweight of all-time. In the 1960s, Jofre went undefeated in his first 50 fights while earning global acclaim as the undisputed world bantamweight champion and the world's best pound-for-pound fighter. After losing his title and retiring for three years, he embarked on arguably the finest comeback in the annals of boxing history, going unbeaten in 25 fights and winning the world featherweight championship. Through intensive research, use of primary sources, and communication with the Jofre family, Eder Jofre's story is told like never before in this over-600-page biography, told for the first time in English. Jofre began life as a shy boy from humble origins, but made it to the top of his profession through hard work, passion, and humility. He became a Brazilian icon and boxing royalty before embarking on a successful political career. The book contains fight-by-fight information on all 78 of Jofre's professional fights, in addition to round-by-round reports, pre-fight build-up, training and post-fight coverage, information on the background of the Jofre-Zumbano family, Jofre's personal life, and over 500 rare photographs.

https://fightnews.com/eder-jofre-brazils-first-boxing-world-champion/115117

https://www.ibroresearch.com/book-review-eder-jofre-brazils-first-boxing-world-champion/

https://thegruelingtruth.com/boxing...ristopher-smiths-comprehensive-new-biography/

Cheers fellas!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I expected a Yarde win, but that was surprising.

Nico87

I know this probably belongs more in the entertainment forum than here, but Tommy Fury has pulled out of his fight against Jake Paul due to an “injury”. How does he resume his career from here?.

How can a professional fighter ( with the Fury name no less) duck a YouTuber and ever show his face in a ring again.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I know this probably belongs more in the entertainment forum than here, but Tommy Fury has pulled out of his fight against Jake Paul due to an “injury”. How does he resume his career from here?.

How can a professional fighter ( with the Fury name no less) duck a YouTuber and ever show his face in a ring again.
Should be the end of Fury’s boxing career right here.

Deery

Dreary

It won’t be the end of his career nor even close, he’s only pulling out with an injury many fighters do this, he’ll just go back to fighting bums on BT sports.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s a very talented fighter but I’m not sold that he’s the best in the world or a great fighter. I think the state of boxing and lack of stars is causing overhype. You get clueless/biased people already comparing him to Chavez like those are the two best Mexicans. Nonsense. He’s not in the top 10 or 12

I believe he lost clearly to Lara and twice vs. an aging GGG. These aren’t just my views these are the views of the majority. He’s failed drugs tests and has now moved up, gained speed, strength, power, and stamina while showing all signs (acne, roid rage, leaving the fight announcements late as possible despite knowing the opponent and training which is a huge sign of cycling, the physique, going from an average puncher at 154 to a guy breaking faces now), he also abuses the A side stuff, needs re-hydration clauses etc; and this is not done to make a “fair fight” it’s to handicap the opponent. So I think there’s just a lot of smoke and mirrors around the guy where he’s not on a level playing field.

I’m not as blown away by his competition as others. Like I said, lost to the three best guys he fought, I think Kovalev was fighting with handcuffs on (wouldn’t be surprised if there was a no knockout clause), throwing pitty Pat only and this was a shot version of Kovalev only weeks after a tough fight where he was nearly KO’d by a novice and also with a re-hydration clause so I tend to not put any stock into that or this extremely weak division he went through. 18 months ago he had “no interest” of 168 and Benavidez then all of a sudden they strip Benavidez and it’s a “history making goal”? Why didn’t he continue at middle? He didn’t seem to want to fight GGG again, Charlo or Andrade, who’s style I think he doesn’t fancy. After all he said he couldn’t even get up to middleweight as a reason not to fight GGG in 2016 now he can’t make it? He’s an opportunist.

As a fighter, he’s got a good chin, excellent counter puncher, good shot selection and is very well skilled. I just can’t take the bullshit around him and that’s why I’ve only watched one of his last four fights.
Sorry for the late reply mate. Certainly an interesting observation. Certainly, some points in which I wholeheartedly agree and others — I know nothing about them.

Stuff like tainted meat certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth — excuse the pun but its all too convenient.

He certainly lost the first fight vs GGG. He absolutely lost that and no one can convince me otherwise.

I hate that people are saying that prime Canelo would beat Floyd. :houllier:

Don’t get me wrong, from what I’ve seen, he’s a great fighter but I just don’t know enough about boxing and I guess I needed a bit of evidence from the caf authority.

Thanks for the reply though, it’s as always absolutely amazing to hear your thoughts on everything boxing.

Glorio

How good do you reckon Conor Benn is? He's looked on the money with every step up. Will be interesting to see what he takes as the next step - we've had a lot of younger up and comers flatter to deceive, but have to say, he's looking really good.

Glorio

If he was actually injured, he was 100% right to pull out.

Deery

Dreary
How good do you reckon Conor Benn is? He's looked on the money with every step up. Will be interesting to see what he takes as the next step - we've had a lot of younger up and comers flatter to deceive, but have to say, he's looking really good.
Just like any Hearn fighter hype him up to the balls without really fighting anyone then throw him in with a savage and wonder what happened.

Abraxas

Canelo/Beterbiev would be great.

I think Canelo on whatever combination of PEDs he's on would win. Mainly because Beterbiev is a real solid puncher but I don't think it's power where he's sharp or fast enough that he's going to spark out Canelo. Obviously there is a limit somewhere but Canelo is so durable I don't see him suddenly falling apart just because it's light heavy.

I just see Canelo doing what he does, not really giving him any target, consistent variety of punching, just breaking down his big opponent. He's so much more skilled.

Abraxas

Chisora looking bad. I know he's never been the quickest on his feet but he looks slower. Not reacting to what's coming his way.