The RedCafe Boxing Thread

LDUred

I don't think he's got much chance at all but agree that he may as well go for it. His volume is just not great enough and he leaves himself exposed when pulling out of the pocket, as he showed against Usyk in R12 and against Ruiz.

Only fighters I can see troubling Usyk are technically proficient pressure fighters like the Kronk version of Fury.

Chisora caused Usyk more difficulties with his pressure style than AJ did and I don't see AJ being able to teach himself to box that way when he's never done it before. Well, he might do, but he won't do it effectively enough.

Last edited:

GeorgieBoy

Couple of ALL ACCESS episodes. Always surprised the apathy Canelo fights get on this forum?
How we see it going?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Couple of ALL ACCESS episodes. Always surprised the apathy Canelo fights get on this forum?
How we see it going?
He’s not popular on here….gear and his ridiculous scorecard favouritism being the primary reasons. Which is fair to an extent. He’s a very good boxer despite that though, not his fault he probably needs better opposition to cement his legacy

Deery

Dreary
After what he did to Calum Smith I don’t hold much hope for Plant, he’ll just smash through him not even worth staying up for.

In other news DAZN purchased the Micheal Conlan v Leigh Wood world tittle fight, I fancy Conlan to win on points, would be good to see another Irish world champion.

Kazi

He'll probably stop him with a massive right hand late in the fight... after attacking his body for the first half

Deery

Dreary
He'll probably stop him with a massive right hand late in the fight... after attacking his body for the first half
Does he even need to be that cautious only watched Plant fight once and he wasn’t that impressive.

Inter Yer Nan

How we see it going?
The cheating, blatant favoritism and arrogant personality make him hard to like. It’s always felt like he’s being sold too and people don’t like to be sold. Now they are trying to sell him as this once in a lifetime legend which he really isn’t anything close to being.

On top of that I just find his fights impossibly boring. No drama. Just nothing.

LDUred

The remarkable thing is that he clearly has added a lot of muscle mass and yet he does not gas or get fatigued seemingly ever. This was particularly apparent in the training camp after Chavez Jr for the first GGG fight.

If the muscle had been added naturally (which is definitely possible), you would expect him to lose something on the stamina side. If anything he's gotten stronger in that area, too.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm not his biggest fan, far from it, but god is he one hell of an animal. Just that little altercation with Plant, the reactions, insane stuff.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Could plant win this, he’s been well able to handle this so far.

Nope canelo, canelod him, pity as he was fighting a great fight up until that

Last edited:

LDUred

Plant used that shoulder roll to great effect. He can seriously box. Gave Canelo a tough fight.

Although it wasn't quite a barnstormer it was the best fight Canelo's been in since GGG.

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Canelo has a chin of iron. Unless you're a heavyweight you're not knocking this guy down.

RoyH1

The amount of hate that Canelo gets is absolutely staggering. He's such a divisive figure.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The amount of hate that Canelo gets is absolutely staggering. He's such a divisive figure.
I think it’s because of (a) the outrageous decisions that went his way against GGG, and (b) being a two time drugs cheat.

SambaBoy

Him v Beterbiev is the best fight he can take. He's too powerful for anyone around these weights, and too talented.

Inter Yer Nan

Him v Beterbiev is the best fight he can take. He's too powerful for anyone around these weights, and too talented.
I’d only watch that fight if it was with no stipulations. Catch weights and re-hydration clauses designed to handicap the opponent aren’t my thing. If it’s a genuine fight, I’d say that or Bivol are the only Canelo fights I’d watch. Didn’t bother to watch even 10 seconds of this past one.

Kazi

Surprised Khan would agree to this. I always called it "the great escape" in the way he would avoid this fight.

Deery

Dreary
Money Grab both men will retire afterwards pointless fight but to line Khan’s pockets even more..

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Can’t see many forking out £20 for 2 over the hill fighters so maybe could be on DAZN. Not sure who the fighters promoters are though.

Deery

Dreary
Eubanks v Williams is on regular Sky and not PPV which is brilliant and a real good fight to boot…

Deery

Dreary
Thats a good, competitive scrap. I’ll tune in. Tomorrow I’m going to Munguia vs. Rosado, which promises to be a real battle.
Love Munguia should be a great fight, haven’t got DAZN though so won’t see it will get highlights on Sunday morning, let me know how it goes and enjoy yourself..

LDUred

He's absolutely batshit crazy but in fairness he's always competitive and willing to fight anybody, great character.
Del Boy has his wild side but I think a lot of it now is an act. He's actually being quite cute here and making Hearn uncomfortable.

He knows that he is being used as a gatekeeper for a bigger fight (Parker Whyte II) and he just wants a fair a shake.

He essentially lost the first fight due to the better work clearly coming from Parker. He actually landed more, and he dropped him. I do believe that he could legitimately have won that fight and that Joe didn't do enough.

Everything that he says about the Helenius fight is spot on. He did clearly win that one and it was a shocker.

To be honest, I would like Joe to win this because Parker/Whyte II would be an absolute barnstormer.

Last edited: