The RedCafe Boxing Thread

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah, in terms of career I think it's fair to say Khan has had the better one, but I think a lot of that has been down to mismanagement from his promoter(s) rather than it being down to Brook solely. If he had the opportunities Khan had early doors, we'd have seen a much better Kell. As it was, he was kept at the British/European level far too long and stagnated. Then, when he finally won his title, Hearn put him in with a legit killer in GGG. Like, seriously, what were they thinking?
Well, they probably thought, “worst case scenario is he loses”, not, “he might get actually mangled”

rotherham_red

Well, they probably thought, “worst case scenario is he loses”, not, “he might get actually mangled”
It's Golovkin though. It wasn't someone who was unknown a la Prescott v Khan. EVERYONE knew who he was and what he'd done. Went through everyone but Canelo at MW.

If I have a new World Champion on my books, I don't think I'll put him in with the world's scariest puncher who was two weight classes heavier than him. There's giving him a challenge and then there's negligence. This was very much a case of that.

A blind man knew what was going to happen, FFS. Same with the Khan and Canelo fight. Just fecking idiotic.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Yes. Those are the paths. Which means he ain't going to be a world champion. He's B rate.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's Golovkin though. It wasn't someone who was unknown a la Prescott v Khan. EVERYONE knew who he was and what he'd done. Went through everyone but Canelo at MW.

If I have a new World Champion on my books, I don't think I'll put him in with the world's scariest puncher who was two weight classes heavier than him. There's giving him a challenge and then there's negligence. This was very much a case of that.

A blind man knew what was going to happen, FFS. Same with the Khan and Canelo fight. Just fecking idiotic.
Oh I fully agree with you. Maybe Brook pushed for it?

Deery

Dreary
Yes. Those are the paths. Which means he ain't going to be a world champion. He's B rate.
He did a better job on Williams than Andrade, Murata is 36 and Golovkin is 39.

He has a good a chance now than he will ever have..

rotherham_red

Oh I fully agree with you. Maybe Brook pushed for it?
Yeah that's possible. If I remember correctly, it was announced about 2 or 3 weeks after Khan's fight with Canelo was announced, so it very well could have been a case of an idiotic game of top trumps as to who gets pulverised quicker...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Brook was just tired of waiting for a big fight I think. And yes wanted to out do Khan as well for sure.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's not going to be #1 in his weight division but he may well end up with a belt.
His management will await a good
opportunity for him and manoeuvre him into a challenging position particularly if he takes the scalp of Brook or another Gatekeeper first.

Edit

Can see Brook fighting and losing to Eubank then matched vs Benn Jnr both on PPV as his cash outs.

Last edited:

SambaBoy

Canelo being a goat as usual I see
Yeah class fight. He's a breath of fresh air with his activity compared to nearly all modern day fighters. Not only that, but he takes on some great challenges.

Looking forward to seeing Taylor tonight, expect him to stop Catterall.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah class fight. He's a breath of fresh air with his activity compared to nearly all modern day fighters. Not only that, but he takes on some great challenges.

Looking forward to seeing Taylor tonight, expect him to stop Catterall.
Got near ringside seats tonight. Can’t wait! :D

Deery

Dreary
I’d love to see Taylor get beat here, thinks far too much of himself and is a bit of a prick..

Abraxas

Christ he's getting pasted. If Catterall can keep the pace then Taylor will need a big shot to turn the momentum.

Abraxas

Incredible from Catterall so far.

Defence has been top notch, sharp, completely boxed rings round Taylor!

Got away with some holding if we're being fair but still..

tyunited

You just knew the ref wanted to make a name for himself. Taylor has been landing alot back of the head.

Abraxas

I'd imagine he's tired but not unreasonably so, Taylor is a physical beast that's for sure.

To be fair that point was probably coming.

cj_sparky

I've seen Ricky Burns and Other Scottish fighters get dodgy wins/draws in Scotland. Anything but a Catterall win is bent.

Nico87

Boxing is hell bent on killing public interest, as inept as premier league‘s use of VAR is boxing is still the srandard bearer for pure corruption.

No Love

The most deflated I’ve felt in a long time after a boxing event. Devastating.