g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A lot of hate for Joshua for some reason. I've seen post's that say he was completely outclassed, which is bollocks. He lost the fight, but it wasn't as wide as some people are making out.

He's a very good heavyweight, unfortunately he's not elite, but there are still some intriguing fights out there for him.
The hate isn’t because of his boxing, which you seem to be commenting on. The hate is more down to how he handled himself post fight. The throw of the belts, the way he spoke to Usyk, the way he took the mic and took away Usyk’s moment. It was embarrassing - anyone who says it isn’t clearly have no sense of it.

Joshua did a lot better than in the first place. He should be proud for that. But he was not close to beating Usyk on points over the 12 rounds.

Usyk vs Fury will be tasty. Fury will be favourite but that wasn’t Usyk at his best.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Typical Fury. Calls out Chisora for a trilogy fight, retires 3 days later, 9 days after that he's saying get your cheque book out for the Usyk fight. :lol:

Absolutely needs to happen regardless. Will be interesting to see what approach Fury would take in this one.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any chance of it taking place at Old Trafford with fury being an United fan and all that?

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Joshua doesn't have anywhere to go from here, does he?
He's a money fight for pretty much every other fighter in the division so he has loads of options if he still has the hunger to compete. Domestic showdowns versus the likes of Joyce and Dubois, or even a Dillian Whyte rematch would all be fun fights that would keep him entrenched in the upper echelons if he wins. Joshua vs Wilder would still draw a huge amount of interest too.

Who are the "real top fighters"? It's only really Usyk and Fury, you're making it sound like there's a whole host of them. Nobody else has any massive claim to a better CV. He's done very well for himself, knocking over Wlad, Parker, Whyte, avenging a defeat which takes a bit of bottle.

Fury and Usyk are pretty damn good. Usyk will go down as an all time great for his amateur career, his work in two divisions, and Fury would be trouble for anyone in history due to his size and ability.

AJ has been a legit world class heavyweight with a good record he's just not as good as two special fighters. People love to beat him down for some reason. He has flaws but most heavies do.
Agreed. He's put together a very respectable CV already, and there's still plenty of winnable fights out there for him.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Who are the "real top fighters"? It's only really Usyk and Fury, you're making it sound like there's a whole host of them. Nobody else has any massive claim to a better CV. He's done very well for himself, knocking over Wlad, Parker, Whyte, avenging a defeat which takes a bit of bottle.

Fury and Usyk are pretty damn good. Usyk will go down as an all time great for his amateur career, his work in two divisions, and Fury would be trouble for anyone in history due to his size and ability.

AJ has been a legit world class heavyweight with a good record he's just not as good as two special fighters. People love to beat him down for some reason. He has flaws but most heavies do.
Really interesting to consider how he would fare against past greats. He's a massive guy. Of the people I've seen, I think Lennox would beat him. He weighed about 17 and a half stone in his fighting prime and had great boxing ability for a man that size. It would be a tough fight though.

cyberman

Fury on TalkSport now. Of course Simon Jordan is talking over him.
He wants 500m to face Usyk. He’ll get it too

SuperiorXI

Fury on TalkSport now. Of course Simon Jordan is talking over him.
He wants 500m to face Usyk. He’ll get it too
Simon Jordan is a gobshite, hasn't got a clue about boxing.

Peter Fury pretty much summed up my thoughts on AJ vs Usyk in this video, sums it up very well.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

Fury has said that he has offered AJ 60-40 in favour of Fury. That's an excellent deal for AJ if true... in reality it should be 70/80 on Fury.

Let's see what AJ wants to do. He is being given a massive opportunity here.

Vapor trail

Has he got a history of ducking boxers?
Was about to say this. Especially taking on Wilder when he was basically inactive and Wilder had the reputation of being a bogey man in the division. Speaks volumes about Fury's determination.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Has he got a history of ducking boxers?
Depends what you regard as a duck.
He roided up in his 1st Klitschko fight and hid from a rematch while clean.
He's not a frequent offender and will fight vast majority of opponents for the right money but Usyk is too high risk too low reward while Joshua is available for better odds.
I don't blame Fury for targeting AJ but that is certainly the prize.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The irony if this gets made now when everyone has mentally moved on a bit.

SuperiorXI

Fury is apparently doing a video every hour today trying to get AJ to sign.

I have a feeling this might just be all smoke and he might end up withdrawing... I hope not.

Glorio

Assuming Shields-Marshall will be cancelled for tomorrow?
Really hope not! And I'm not trying to be insensitive.

I'd get the forced mourning if the queen were young and went before her time. Passing away by natural causes deserves a celebration of life.

TheReligion

Abusive
Really hope not! And I'm not trying to be insensitive.

I'd get the forced mourning if the queen were young and went before her time. Passing away by natural causes deserves a celebration of life.
Yeah I was looking forward to it myself mate. Especially when the fighters have been preparing for this for months. Bit different to cancelling other sports events.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
The Shields v Marshall fight has been moved to the 15th of October, another bollocks decision.
Terrible decision. These fighters are in camp for weeks/months and everything is timed for them to peak for this fight.

Cancelling anything where people can have a good time is hardly a fitting tribute.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm sorry but this whole cancelling sport thing is fecking daft, such nonsense.
I really don’t understand how it’s deemed respectful. “Out of respect we’re going to cancel our commitments and feck with everyone’s schedule”. I’m sure the Queen would be proud as feck